Is Annie Hall winning the Academy Award for Best Picture over Star Wars the biggest mistake the Academy ever made?

Is Annie Hall winning the Academy Award for Best Picture over Star Wars the biggest mistake the Academy ever made?

Star wars is Reddit-tier garbage. I suppose, Idk, Avengers should've won in 2012, rite?
Annie Hall is obviously a better film. The Goodbye girl should've won that year though.

Oscar winners can't be blockbusters because they have to keep the illusion the they're taste is superior.

I heard when Diane Keaton won Bette Davis was like wtf is going on?

When was the last time you watched Annie Hall? It's a terrible film.

Did I say it wasn't?

Didn't Return of the King win Best Picture?

Titanic?

No the biggest mistake is Shakespeare in Love winning over Saving Private Ryan.

This

Yeah. And that was the biggest mistake the Academy ever made. Lost in translation not winning, to the worst Lotr film

That award belonged to The Thin Red Line.

Someone finally said it...

>Woody Allen
Can't stand the guy, nor his work.

this

Fuck off back to tumblr then you fucking moralfag plebian

>moralfag plebian
What?

samefag

No shit.

And everyone's forgotten about that movie while Saving is still a fucking masterpiece thast's still out there enduring like a true movie for the ages.

Now that the Oscars have affirmative action to guarantee negro awards, expect even treater travesties in the future.

You said you don't like Woody allen, who is a peadophile rapist, so he's saying you're a moralfag for not liking said behaviour.
I don't agree with him

I dislike his films and him as a person, because I pretty much agree with what Welles had to say on the guy and I find his films not to be my cup of tea. I'm able to separate the art from the artist, so those allegations of him being a pedo have nothing to do with my opinion.

>affirmative action awards

Moonlight deserved to win best picture over La La Land. Much more honest film.

This desu senpai

More honest? in what way? also, that doesn't really make it better either way.