Movies that you wish they actually made

Movies that you wish they actually made
I'll start with most obvious : John Boorman's Lord of the Rings

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/ridley-scott-gladiator-2-russell-crowe-sxsw-alien-covenant-maximus-a7625911.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=beatles lord of the rings
youtu.be/TFYPXzpXiv4?t=83
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would really be interested in seeing this movie. Look on the bright side though. Because this movie wasn't made we got both Excalibur and the PJ trilogy.

David Lynch's Return of the Jedi.

the script is pretty kooky. I wonder how hallucinatory it would have been

Blood Meridian starring Marlon Brando as Judge Holden

i liked those things. posting another

Here's hoping with Jerry dead it gets a full release

the American Harry Potter with Spielberg directing, Sean Connery as Dumbledore, Hayley Joel Osment as Harry and Rosie O'Donnell as Molly Weasley.

>Ridley Scott still thinks Gladiator 2 could happen
>'I know how to bring him back... there is a way of bringing him back'

>Reportedly, Cave's version saw Maximus reincarnated by the Roman gods to fight against the persecution of Christians, before being transported to significant moments in history; including World War II, the Vietnam War, and the modern-day Pentagon.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/ridley-scott-gladiator-2-russell-crowe-sxsw-alien-covenant-maximus-a7625911.html

>YFW it turns out to be cinematic masterpiece

I know this board hate him because of "lol dead wife libruls suck" meme, but Patton Oswalt had an entire section of "films that weren't made that should've" in his last book. Even if you disagree with his politics and shit I seriously recommend this book if for no other reason than these last few chapters and the insanely amazing pairings he thought of.

>jodorowsky's dune would have been good

an accurate version of War of The Worlds based in 19th century using the Jeff Wayne soundtrack

Jodo's Metabarons/Incal comics , which are based off his Dune work are pretty good. So the movie might have been fine
>still no facsimile edition of the Dune Script Book

Such as...?

The James Cameron/Ridley Scott 'Alien 5' collaboration that got cancelled in lieu of Alien vs Predator.

On a scale of 1 to tiger blood, how senile is this guy?

Argoo?

Stalingrad (1988) dir: Sergio Leone Opening with a close-up of the muzzle of a cannon and closing with a similar close-up of a crying newborn’s mouth, Leone’s Stalingrad is a blazing loop of war and rebirth. No one’s ever been able to spot Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach or Lee Van Cleef among the half a million background actors, but all three stars the Sergio Leone claim they are in fact there.

Oswalt, Patton. Silver Screen Fiend: Learning About Life from an Addiction to Film (p. 173). Scribner. Kindle Edition.

Vileness Fats

August 5, 6 and 7 ORSON WELLES DOUBLE FEATURE!

Heart of Darkness (1942) and Batman: Riddle of the Ghoul (1944)

Welles starved himself down to a human skeleton to play Kurtz in Heart of Darkness. His jittery, no-sleep, diet-pills performance is worth the shadowy slog upriver with Joseph Cotten that makes up the first hour of Heart of Darkness. Welles steals the movie from the movie itself. And who’d have guessed that Gary Cooper could pull off the roles of the Dark Knight Detective and Bruce Wayne? But somehow he slides perfectly into the tuxedo and the cowl, a tormented, urbane playboy who becomes a driven, taciturn bruiser by night. And leave it to Welles to populate his movie with six of Batman’s cast of villains: Lee Marvin as Two-Face, Edward G. Robinson as the Penguin, Ella Raines as Catwoman, Dwight Frye as the Riddler, Everett Sloane as the Scarecrow and, towering imperiously over the whole mad feast, Welles himself as Ra’s al Ghul. The Richard Widmark cameo, at the end, as the newly scarred Joker, leaping toward the screen from the smoking ruins of the chemical plant, still makes people scream. The costumes that longtime fans wear to midnight showings only add to the chiaroscuro carnival.

Oswalt, Patton. Silver Screen Fiend: Learning About Life from an Addiction to Film (pp. 174-175). Scribner. Kindle Edition.

Aye

fuck, these are actually good

The Batman one is pants on head retarded. The others are breddy good

I know, and there's like 30 pages of these. All of them are fucking magnificent. One more I liked.

Superman dir: Sam Peckinpah Doctor Strange dir: Francis Ford Coppola Yes, at one point Peckinpah was developing Superman, and Coppola briefly had the rights to Marvel Comics’ Doctor Strange. I want these movies to exist. They won’t. So here they are, in my head. Steve McQueen is a revelation as the moody, determined, tragic Last Son of Krypton. Warren Oates is loathsome and magnetic as the Parasite. And fuck it, Gene Hackman is still Lex Luthor. Has to be. Ali MacGraw is miscast as Lois Lane, but if you wanted McQueen in the seventies... Coppola’s Doctor Strange. I mean, where do I start? Three hours. Gordon Willis cinematography. A young Christopher Walken, prowling the streets of early-seventies Greenwich Village, fighting demons and the establishment. The hidden Avengers “cameos” are also fun to spot.

Oswalt, Patton. Silver Screen Fiend: Learning About Life from an Addiction to Film (p. 178). Scribner. Kindle Edition.

Sergio wanted to make a Phantom movie too. Never knew that
we would have truly had CapeKino

>Caroline Munro
As?

Galadriel or Eowyn most likely, considering they were the only really 'developed' female character in LOTR

>Steve McQueen as Superman

Holy shit...

James Cameron's Spider-Man

The Beatles wanted to make Lord of the Rings once. Harrison was going to be Gandalf, Paul and Ringo were Frodo and Sam, respectively, and John wanted to be Gollum. Kubrick, who was going to be their director, told them to fuck off.
It's all real. Look it up.

I dunno, I see what he's going for. I'd love to see a Batman film from the golden age of Hollywood noir films.

Nick Cage as superman and Chris Tucker as Jimmy Olsen.

>it's real!
>doesn't provide source

August 1 and 2 A Confederacy of Dunces dir: Hal Ashby (w/ John Belushi, Richard Pryor and Lily Tomlin) Blood Meridian dir: Terrence Malick (w/ Gene Hackman, Barry Brown
and Marlon Brando) Hal Ashby and Terrence Malick were at the height of their powers when they each filmed these supposedly “unfilmable” novels. Ashby refused to “contain” human hurricanes like Belushi and Pryor in his heat-haze adaptation of Dunces. Instead, he reportedly played them against each other, expanding the character of Burma Jones from the novel for Pryor to inhabit, and letting Belushi create his own interpretation of Ignatius, which was miraculous for how close it ended up being to John Kennedy Toole’s vision without Belushi’s ever reading the novel. Lily Tomlin, fresh off of The Late Show, is hilarious as Ignatius’s mother. And that’s a very young Frances McDormand as Myrna Minkoff. Sublime. Malick’s four-and-a-half-hour Blood Meridian, partially financed by star Marlon Brando (he sold off his island), is at once the best Western, historical and horror movie ever made. Brando underwent sumo wrestler training and had his head, eyebrows and body completely waxed to play the massive, hairless, indestructible Judge Holden. The Comanche attack sequence is both beautiful and nearly unwatchable. Watch Barry Brown carefully during the final confrontation scene in Fort Griffin. He had himself hypnotized. Despite the on-screen tension, Hackman and Brando were fast friends on set. The meteor showers that open and close the film were real.

Oswalt, Patton. Silver Screen Fiend: Learning About Life from an Addiction to Film (pp. 172-173). Scribner. Kindle Edition.

lmgtfy.com/?q=beatles lord of the rings
I wasn't aware it was easier to fill out a response with a captcha than to write "beatles lotr" in google.

> John Milius

He'd make the hobbits Anarcho-communists and have the fellowship shooting magic guns.

He actually died two days before signing on to make a movie about an American photographer living through Leningrad.

Stanley Kubrick's film about Napoleon.

Still waiting for At the Mountains of Madness. Still hoping.

the script is on the internet and it seemed pretty shitty. a rehash of king kong meets John Carpenter's Thing. And no, that doesn't "sound cool"

It would have been a surreal masterpiece, but not really dune. Now stfu fag I bet jodos dune documentary is the only jodorowski movie you’ve seen

>I bet jodos dune documentary is the only jodorowski movie you’ve seen
wrong. i only saw an interview with him on youtube and a short clip from one of his movies where he's doing some autistic kung fu fight scene and that was enough.

Fucking Pleb.
El Topo, Holy Mountain, Dance of Reality and Endless Poetry are PURE KINO

yeah I just found it, tl;dr. they say it's an early draft though.

youtu.be/TFYPXzpXiv4?t=83
pure autism more like it.

You fucking piece of shit will never turn into gold

This one is hilarious because of the actors involved. I can see Bogie going apeshit because Brando keeps making shit up on the spot. Monroe would be perpetually late to the set and when she arrived she'd be drugged out of her mind. Ava would be dealing with Frank Sinatra constantly interfering with everybody on the set.

The Making of Blade Runner documentary would be glorious.

>demands an R rating for Mountains of Madness
not very lovecraftian of him

This.

Shame he didn't get the budget, script is pretty amazing. Seems like the kids half of the story would be popular these days too.

True story:

The studio almost refused to let him make Excalibur because of its complexity and expense. They proposed another adaptation that they felt would be more manageable: The Lord of the Rings.

alchemical references don't automatically make a movie good. just look at the responses under that video. those are the type of people that jodorowski movies appeal to and that's what virtually everyone who praises them sounds like.

Eastern Promises 2

I still don't get what the problem was there

haha you said lovecraftian, top zez amirite anons?

What's the pj trilogy?

>Kubrick, who was going to be their director, told them to fuck off.
That's fucking hilarious

No, that fucking fourth wall ending makes that movie kino, everything before it is good. Don’t bash it till you’ve seen the whole thing pleb

>fight against the persecution of christians

was that before the world found out that they made all that shit about being fed to lions up so everyone would feel sorry for them?

The pyjamas trilogy dumbshit, GB2R

>All of them are fucking magnificent.
Cried the small-souled bug man

>they made all that shit about being fed to lions up

The Alien 3 movie that would take place on a monastery spaceship with a cloister of monks and Ripley.

Kubrick's Napoleon and Holocaust movies.

The meme video is funny, but the reality is that Lynch's Return of the Jedi would probably just be as shitty as Dune was.

No, I like it here. I want to learn more about movies, and I like the lack of rules. You're stuck with me, user.

Dune was great you peasant