So when and why did you tap out?

For me, The Force Unleashed and subsequent video games severed an artery, but R1 was the final coffin nail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvFoy7HmV7g
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
youtube.com/watch?v=1bHtsDobdOk
youtube.com/watch?v=6uNsb7EupH4
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
cinemablend.com/new/Why-David-Fincher-Refused-Direct-Star-Wars-Episode-7-67427.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the trailer for TLJ

TFA had me close but i spared a thought for rian johnson

no more though

The Clone Wars movie and everything that spinned off afterwards.

What didn't you like about the trailer?

CUTE!

Watching the OT was a fun ride

Watching the PT was boring at first but I've since learned to appreciate them

Watching TFA was at first a fun ride and then I came to the realization that its rather vapid and nostalgia baiting

Rogue One was okay, I liked Edwards' take on the SW lore and universe. Very packed, very EU-ish

Luke Skywalker relinquishing his pure good and moral values and going grey just to say that TLJ is BREAKING NEW GROUND feels gimmicky and dumb. The world is more than exhausted at this point and they should do away with the franchise as a whole after IX (they won't)

Fucking grumpy-cat beanie babies focus group think tank market research committee bullshit

The shit awakens, in especially mary sue rey. I fucking nearly lost a kidney. Fuck disney and fuck nu wars.

15 minutes into TFA. Really wanted to leave but I was my friends' ride and I couldn't abandon them there.

AOTC

The Force Awakens. It wasn't a terrible movie but it completely failed to do or show anything new. Such a cop out. It basically amounted to a scene for scene retelling of A New Hope. The only 'force' in it was the forced diversity.

YOU TOO? Fucking wept that night. Star Wars died when George Sold it to the white slavers.

I leave out 2 and 3 and watch them as 4, 5, 1, 6

>Luke Skywalker relinquishing his pure good and moral values
He's still good. His new Jedi order was murdered. He couldn't beat Snoke on his own so he had to go into hiding. What the fuck was he gonna do?

I hope this movie is done well in a way I can skip TFA on later marathons

I think TPM was the best prequel but that viewing order makes no sense.

Really liked Awakens but R1 was just terrible
Not terrible enough to put me off E08 tho
Getting Battlefront II because the story bridges 7 and 8

>it completely failed to do or show anything new. Such a cop out.
They did exactly what the fans wanted.

>Getting Battlefront II because the story bridges 7 and 8
You think it'll be worth getting if I don't intend to play online?

Christ guys, you sound like parodies of yourselves.

this post is honest and good.

I'm in the same boat as you. I fucking cringe when people say RO was amazing. It was pretty mediocre. The only good part was the space battle.

Rogue One

TFA obviously, it felt weird watching it. So much hype yet my eyes almost rolled out of my head watching it.

When everyone started using their platform to make political statements. Right around the R1 release. I never even watched R1, don't really give a shit about where it all goes from here.

Thirding this, I gave 7 a lot of leeway for rehashing too much of 4 and 5 because I still really liked the new leads and tone of the series going forward, but R1 was terrible and the callbacks were so egregious. If they can't sell me something new for 8 I'm probably done

>using their platform to make political statements. Right around the R1 release.
What are you talking about? What political statement?

>the callbacks were so egregious
The only ones I had a problem with were pig nose guy and R2 and 3PO.

The writers of R1 openly preaching that the empire represents Trump, opposed by a purposefully DIVERSE group of rebels, Hamill's god-awful twitter feed is a constant stream of vapid political idiocy, among others. It's like they don't even consider from their high tower that half of the SW fandom MAY have opposing political views and it's not a great idea to alienate them... But whatever. Ford was the last decent actor attached and he's gone now.

Eat shit, you Disney shill Bitch.

TFA

no longer had the magic of star wars for me. just propaganda, even made me miss the prequels

literally a furry bb-8

I agree. Say what you will about their quality, but the prequels had some heart and at least attempted creativity.

Who gives a shit? It hasn't affected the films in any way.

When they sad they will erase everything from canon, including Thrawn whose popularity made the prequels possible and revitalized an otherwise almost dead franchise.

Then I went to a screening of TFA and walked out. Since then I am happy with the expanded universe and KotOR.

Its hard to describe the utter amount of indifference tfa gave me in the star wars franchise. Like the prequels I was disappointed but ultimately kept along because I wanted to see how both anakin and the golden age fell apart. How it all went downhill and lead to the more worn down era of the OT.

Then we go to TFA and I get to see nothing, bothing but all the characters I used to love being either washed up or incompetant. Luke abandons his friends and instead of focusing onthe emotional tormoil I have to go through another retread of ANH only 10 times worse. Theres no new interesting characters, no interesting things going on in the world, no interesting anything. Just disappointment and knowing all the things the OT characters worked for doesnt matter anymore. All Im left with is a stagnant corporate mess that gives me no satisfaction, and the worst part of it all is that people actually defend it.

when this greasy fucker started joking while his murdered friend was lying dead next to him.

>the prequels had some heart
They had no heart. They were soulless cashgrabs. At least the new ones are made by fans of the originals.

youtube.com/watch?v=cvFoy7HmV7g

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

youtube.com/watch?v=1bHtsDobdOk

Why do the prequels have such incredible music

...yet the disney ones sound so fucking boring and generic? Even the title crawl felt off for some reason.

It basically suggests that it's a copy of The Empire Strikes Back. It seems to follow similar story beats and the story going to a dark, low point too.
TFA had an excuse, with introducing new audiences to Star Wars again

but this movie needs to stand on its own and everything suggests that no one can think of a different but interesting direction for the movie to go in other than Empire.
For all the bullshit of the Prequels, they had an original idea in them.

Right. Not at all. Like how identity politics didn't birth John Boyega's completely pointless character and screen time in TFA.

Absolutely no effect.

I'll watch TLJ but fuck the Solo movie.
I'll stick around to see how the new trilogy ends.
I liked Rogue One and I would have watched a Rogue Two but that won't happen.

He wasn't joking. Kylo Ren was just staring at him for a prolonged period of time. "Who talks first?" was a serious question to break the tension. It was only comical to us. His character wasn't telling a joke.

this scene:

I had not really paid attention to any of the marketing or whatnot and bought a ticket on a random friday evening to see The Force Awakens.

When he took off his helmet to show his stupid face a good 10 people in the theater just started laughing. At that point it kinda crystallized- when you are not on the internet or some nerd event where people love Star Wars even the people who go to it find it kind of dumb.

The fact that they had to blow up a death star in TFA meant there was no going back.

The new Star Wars movies have revived my love of Star Wars after those dreadful prequels

are you joking?

TFA made me realize I actually always cared only about EU.

Lucas made the prequels as he envisioned them, to his own detriment. You could at least respect an artist realizing his own ambition, even if the outcome doesn't suit you.

The new films are Disney's pandering bullshit trying to drag as much nostalgia as humanly possible through every frame.

t. disney

oops

youtube.com/watch?v=6uNsb7EupH4

TFA. I remember a half hour into it I was saying, "They wouldn't really do a reboot, would they?" and lo and behold. I don't understand how this was justified in any way. How was this what the fans wanted? Wouldn't they have also liked a new, original story with a couple fun nods and a bit of fanservice? How the fuck can you defend a beat-for-beat reboot thirty years later?

When Maz Kanatu literally said, "Don't ask how I got this lightsaber, I'll tell you later." I laughed out loud in a silent crowded theater. What an insult.

Except that's the issue: they have heart and no vision.

Prequels are about a corrupt society collapsing beneath the weight of its hypocrisies and weaknesses of its leaders: The Jedi, the Senate, the Trade Federation.

Lucas doesn't know how to give characters, well, character but at least the Prequels stand out in my mind for SOMETHING.

The issue is that it seems like the new trilogy will literally just be the Original Trilogy with a bigger budget and the character roles shuffled a bit..

You're mad because there was a black man in Star Wars? Fuck off.

how come when I laughed at this scene the audience gave me weird looks?

Finn was great retard.

>would have watched a Rogue Two but that won't happen.
Um... user. They already made that.

Poe's quips made sense with his character: he's this ace pilot with tons of experience going around the galaxy, fighting for a righteous cause.

We talked about it before but the issue is that, outside of the better acting and quips, Rey doesn't have a lot of personality but has all the big roles in the film, while Finn has a lot of personality (sometimes inappropriately) but has very little role in the film in either events or themes.

Well I stopped caring after rogue one but my friends wanted to see TLJ on opening night so I've already got a ticket for that which means I'm still hooked on the mouse's tit. I haven't seen a marvel movie since civil war though so at least I'm making baby steps.

I'm mad because that's all the character is. A black man. Who breathes heavily most of the time. There's nothing interesting whatsoever about that character.

I'd give the same complaint to Phasma being a woman. Literally means nothing to the plot of TFA. You can argue all you won't that she'll come to prominence later, but as far as her role in TFA she is utterly pointless and is nothing except muh strong female.

I'm not against diversity. I'm against lazy piece of shit writers using diversity as a crutch for bad characterization. I expect a hell of a lot more from the kind of budget they're working with.

I mean a sequel around Jyn after delivering the plans if she survived.

>defending a movie bought by a megacorporation where they literally made a x10 bigger BETTER deathstar. Which isnt the most hollywood lwts make a bigger better rehash tactic ever.
>defending a movie that is taking place after the very concise character arch and ending of return of the jedi.
>somehow a movie that is literal fan pandering and systematically destroys what the original crew did for no other reason than because they knew it would sell is not the cash grab.
You cant honestly say this with a straight face, like jesus.

>When he took off his helmet to show his stupid face a good 10 people in the theater just started laughing.
The fact that there's still people that don't understand Kylo Ren is unbelievable. You were supposed to laugh. That was the point of that scene. His character is a tryhard faggot.

>trying to drag as much nostalgia as humanly possible through every frame.
Yeah. George didn't do that at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

>using the Disney SW movies to justify the prequels
absolutely_disgusting.jpeg

I am a huge Star Trek fan, first and foremost.

But when I was a freshman in High School (1997) two friends of mine introduced me to the West End D6 Star Wars tabletop game.

I got hooked and learned everything I could about Star Wars. I fell in love with it.

In 1999 I was working a movie theater when Episode 1 came out...and I got to see it before the premiere. I fucking hated that movie. I think that was the beginning of the end for me.

I mean, I wanted to be excited when TFA came out but I just knew this was going to be a shit show...and I wasn't wrong.

Star Wars can be halfway decent again, just like Star Trek can. But only if someone that actually gives a shit about it and understands it takes the helm.

>So when and why did you tap out?

"It didn't scare me enough then. It does now."

The music of the prequel is unimpeachable, whatever you think about the quality of the movies. Meanwhile nobody I know listens to the TFA or RO soundtracks, even if they liked the movies.

That was some top-tier cringe. I can only imagine the smug expression on that writer's face when he shat that out.

Rogue One is definitely the worst star wars movie.

That's The Force Awakens.

I liked the movies as a kid, I liked empire best and wanted more info on the random bounty hunters and the other background aliens. I spent all my birthday money on autismo books, star wars character encyclopedia, star wars ships encyclopedia, weapons, planets etc. and absorbed all of it like a sperg. I loved Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron and that one quake engine multiplayer game was amazing..

But like you I walked out of the cinema after Phantom Menace, 13 years old or something, and thought "what the fuck was that?". I haven't seen a Star Wars movie released since, but I've seen enough to know I don't want to either.

Rogue One felt appropriate for a war movie.
TFA was marvel sensibilities injected into A New Hope. It misses the mark even on comedy by a country mile

Saw Phantom menace once and I was done, it was abundantly clear at that point that it was a dead corpse being masturbated on by corporations for profit

why does tv hate r1 so much ?

Attack of the Clones

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Lifeless acting

Tales of the Bounty Hunters
The Thrawn Trilogy
Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina
Shadows of the Empire
Dark Empire
Rogue Squadron

Truly the kino days of Star Wars are long behind us.

Fuck outta here.

Either Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith, one of those two for me. I didn't think Phantom Menace was as bad as people claimed but Attack of the Clones I felt was just insulting on every aspect. I wasn't a big Star Wars fan to begin with but this new trilogy does absolutely nothing for me and doesn't make me feel excited in anyway, The Force Awakens felt too hollow for me to care about it too.

did anyone like the old star wars movies for the acting ?
luke was pretty meh
han solo was okayish
leia was bad
c3po and r2d2 as comic relief was cringe
the characthers were literal cookie cutouts.
palpatine was the only characther that had fun

The only music from the prequels I can remember was duel of the fates, the rest of it is unmemorable trash

>So when and why did you tap out?
After watching Rebellions Last, Episode 9.

My interest began to waver after the phantom Menace and it was completely dead when i learned that Disney erased the extended Universe.
I wanted a movie about the mandalorian wars or Exar Kun, not fucking Vader or Han solo.

TFA it was probably the only time I felt like I got ripped off going to the theaters, the interviews and marketing hype of knights of ren made them seem like cool bad guys and I remember JJ in interviews talking about how this wasn't going to be nostalgia baiting, was very interested how the characters from OT progressed and Finn seemed like he was going to be a great protagonist with his stormtrooper arc and the movie does a complete 180 in every aspect. I had a tiny bit of hope but after seeing TLJ trailer and JJ being back for IX I give up.

oy vey

>and JJ being back for IX I give up
To think it could have been David Fincher. Why wouldn't he do it? ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚

Because he knows Disney is dogshit. They wouldn't have EVER let him have creative freedom to fix this shit show.

Original trilogy acting wasn't amazing but they had human reactions.
Rogue One had tons of people reacting either sternly only or with no emotion at all.
I thought it was fitting for the era and the fact that it was trying to go for a War Movie thing

>"I talked to Kathy about it, but I think that it's a different thing from... I don't know what Disney-Lucasfilm will be like." "It's tricky.

>My favourite is The Empire Strikes Back. If I said, 'I want to do something more like that,' then I'm sure the people paying for it would be like, 'No! You can't do that! We want it like the other one with all the creatures!'"

"I always thought of Star Wars as the story of two slaves [C-3PO and R2-D2] who go from owner to owner, witnessing their masters' folly, the ultimate folly of man... I thought it was an interesting idea in the first two, but it's kind of gone by Return Of The Jedi."

cinemablend.com/new/Why-David-Fincher-Refused-Direct-Star-Wars-Episode-7-67427.html

so much this. Progressives do not have any respect for a story or medium outside of the number of eyes it will attract so they can spread their propaganda. They will "enrich" anything they can and ultimately ruin it.

>I'm mad because that's all the character is. A black man.

So you missed his entire character arc, then?

>implying force unleashed wasn't fun as fuck

it was ok and had it's moments, but it's just a mediocre god of war clone. I look at force unleashed as a turning point for the games.

gotta disagree with the pt being original. besides ep1 also being a copy of ep4, ep2 follows empire as well:

mc loses a limb
romance starts to happen
boba fett
mc gets a robot limb
instead of cloud city we get water city

the only original movie in the pt is ep3 and even that has a few callbacks, like a throne room fight scene in front of palpatine.

not to mention, all three have r2 and 3po shoe horned in. it actually makes sense for them to be in the st, but not the fucking pt.

>all character action games are god of war clones
hmmm

i don't know what that means but force unleashed is like a less enjoyable god of war

V > IV > VI > III > R1 > I > II > VII
This is the objecting power ranking

I was tricked by Force Awakens
I watched it and felt like it was okay
Then about an hour later, little things started to creep in that made me doubt what I had watched
It was like I had been psychologically mind fucked by Disney via some painting by numbers movie making and it left me feeling dirty