Sup Forums's Weekend Voiceover thread

Welcome true believers, to the fantastical vocal anomaly that will titulate your ears with a dynamic sound produced by our ever-lovin' blue eyed Sup Forumsmrads.

Anything from reading off comics to doing voiceovers of cartoons are permitted. You can also submit your info in the word document for others to contact you for roles or projects.

collabedit.com/cq85e

>AUDIO HOSTING SITES
vocaroo.com
tindeck.com/
picosong.com
clyp.it/
chirbit.com
soundcloud.com

>TEXT-HOSTING
PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/

>SOUND EDITING SOFTWARE
Audacity.sourceforge.net (Best Free Recording Software on the Interwebs)

>Our semi-official discord channel is here. Just switch to the voice channel to here others talk
discord.gg/WkYDQtM

>Audition here. There's not too much strong competition, and there's a bunch of amateurs who'll jump at any VA willing.
castingcall.club

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1d2wDIILAgb
vocaroo.com/i/s05nkOpLDR6m
vocaroo.com/i/s10URmvCNR8D
vocaroo.com/i/s0Z11WRG6z5s
vocaroo.com/i/s12Xaw9sutdW
vocaroo.com/i/s1LSe4CfMlqA
vocaroo.com/i/s0lvQD0I9sTX
vocaroo.com/i/s0IcKEzQlEYG
vocaroo.com/i/s0tniY3SXuaH
vocaroo.com/i/s0iokvpAYv7d
vocaroo.com/i/s0BsPZcmY0rF
vocaroo.com/i/s1HWOKoCQQ9k
vocaroo.com/i/s1un9cPJCrwz
vocaroo.com/i/s0wX2uIOCL22
youtube.com/watch?v=_sjZJ9i_mH0&t=138s
vocaroo.com/i/s04aqCfCFilN
vocaroo.com/i/s0hDu4hCfdDS
vocaroo.com/i/s1kUGY7xdu6W
vocaroo.com/i/s1mu0Q5Wz0OD
vocaroo.com/i/s04jnpOvgjXv
vocaroo.com/i/s1EMlB6w0Xxe
vocaroo.com/i/s1HKC4JDOt8r
chirb.it/0baCGb
vocaroo.com/i/s1Cechq100hH
vocaroo.com/i/s1NRfG005a0r
vocaroo.com/i/s1bhgKG1PrA7
vocaroo.com/i/s1NGF1v3aWiW
vocaroo.com/i/s1LeH07SnYit
vocaroo.com/i/s1G2kPc8R9En
monologuearchive.com/
genericradio.com/
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
whysanity.net/
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8
pastebin.com/J9fR015E
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j
vocaroo.com/i/s1gghuOTJORv
vocaroo.com/i/s0iCSFZPdvol
vocaroo.com/i/s13mW5Sh9Hj2
vocaroo.com/i/s07rKbctWuPd
vocaroo.com/i/s0BSiCQIPCha
vocaroo.com/i/s0T4ZVhO1L9r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This week's Sup Forums voiceover challenge: singing a Disney villain song.

Doesn't have to be in their voice, but for the sake of practice it'd be nice.

We'll have a strawpoll on Sunday Evening to determine who everyone thinks did the best job. Winner gets to brag whenever these threads pop back up.

Not sure if this is derailing the thread, but...

vocaroo.com/i/s1d2wDIILAgb

requestin

Say it Sup Forums say it like you mean it.

"In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!"

Cool, we like things read aloud.

But also contribute stuff you'd like others to read aloud or provide a sample of your own.

I wanna hear some J Jonah Jamesons

Gotta keep the dream alive. Pardon the quality, I'm too lazy to grab my mic.

vocaroo.com/i/s05nkOpLDR6m

vocaroo.com/i/s10URmvCNR8D

Pls

Id love to do one, but Im far too tired maybe tomorrow

vocaroo.com/i/s0Z11WRG6z5s

Probably went a bit extreme with the voices haha. I was just having fun.

vocaroo.com/i/s12Xaw9sutdW

Decided to go a bit old school.

vocaroo.com/i/s1LSe4CfMlqA

vocaroo.com/i/s0lvQD0I9sTX

Anything for Oglaf.

You'se got it, boss.
vocaroo.com/i/s0IcKEzQlEYG

>vocaroo.com/i/s0IcKEzQlEYG
Peanut butter before recording gives me a lot of 'warp' in my voice. I do it whenever I'm doing an evil or older character. Hot water if I'm trying to go lighter.

vocaroo.com/i/s0tniY3SXuaH

How did that copy my old post?....dafuq.

Thanks bros. My dream is to get 30 or so something anons saying the oath and see how that sounds spoken at once.

Frank Castle learns about stand your ground laws

vocaroo.com/i/s0iokvpAYv7d

I don't picture Frank sounding so emotional and wordy.

I really like this voice. I'd like to hear more from ya.

Really really good. You gotta work on using your abdominal muscles if you're gonna sing.

You've got good vocal range. You could probably do a good Waspinator, too.

A++

Started off weak, finished strong.

That sounded pretty old school, you really captured the essence of golden age superheroes.

Fun's good, that's what we're here for.

You sound like Kermit the frog. You should do more with that.

vocaroo.com/i/s0BsPZcmY0rF

I mean it

vocaroo.com/i/s1HWOKoCQQ9k

Really good man

vocaroo.com/i/s1un9cPJCrwz

This is terrible. I am so sorry.

>That sounded pretty old school, you really captured the essence of golden age superheroes.

Thanks bruv, personally i felt there could be more range but i thought it was alright for a literal first attempt.

vocaroo.com/i/s0wX2uIOCL22
I gave this one a try
Note: I didnt have my pop filter on

Also can you link me the source to the original comic?

Nedroid

Never had use for a pop filter. How expensive of a mic is it?

Any tips for voiceacting? Aside from practice, of course

Stand up. Your voice and ability to project improves DRAMATICALLY when you're on two feet as opposed to scrunching your organs in a sitting position. If you're just doing podcasting then hey, whatever, but if you want your voice to be the thing people pay attention to...legs. Use them.

Guy I do a lot of voice overs for made this video. Its really well done.
youtube.com/watch?v=_sjZJ9i_mH0&t=138s

Requesting iconic Sup Forums quotes done in King of the Hill voices or King of the Hill quotes such as this or whatever you like

Bill! Bill, you have to be the stupidest man on the planet to think this is a good idea! Have you seen what you're wearing?! That outfit makes you look like a sequined train wreck! Look at you! You're part of a twelve-headed jackass! This chorus is the feces that is produced when shame eats too much stupidity! You people make me envy the deaf and the blind! Guhbuh! Underwear! Money! Fat! Ngyuh... (Dale collapses)

bump

what if the character is sitting down?

good question

bump

Where'd all the tripfags go?

Thanks Magilla Gorilla

Doing a short silly video of people calling Spider-man and leaving messages on his machine. Looking for voice actors and since this thread is sputtering, might as well ask here if people would like to give it a go and see what happens.

In this one Norman starts out normal and then goes incredibly hateful.

"Peter, it's Norman. I know you and I don't have the best history, but I wanted to give you a call and let you know something. I hate you. I hate more than anything I've ever hated in my life, and I've hated a lot of things. I hope you die in a horrible accident."

"What was a I calling about? Oh yes. Tell Harry I don’t love him and that he’s hosting Easter dinner this year.”

Gentle and kind as always for Uncle Ben

“Hey Pete it’s your old Uncle Ben! I know you’ve been in a funk lately and I thought maybe we could go out, just us two men, and you could help me pick out the best looking bulletproof vest off the rack since I’ve been meaning to get one and keep putting it off. Call me back”

I really liked the way the Thomas Jane Punisher sounded. Heard some people already, wouldn't mind hearing more.

This is Frank Castle. I don't know who you are and I don't remember how I got this phone number. I’ll keep in touch.

Shocker seems a hard one to do for people.

"Hey, it's Shocker. You weren't serious about that whole 'following me to the ends of the earth' thing, right? I have a date later today and I don't want any interruptions."

Venom and Carnage trying to prank call. Venom does a poor job disguising his voice. Carnage is standing away from the phone.

Venom: “Woooooo Parker it’s us! Your ghost Uncle Ben! We never liked you! You always annoyed us!

Carnage: You’re doing it wrong, maaan he’ll see right through it!

Venom: Shut up Carnage! He’ll buy it! We can feel it! Parker's gullible!

Carnage: Give me the phone!

Venom: Never!

You can hear fighting over the phone and then dial tone.

JJ sounding energetic and really into the idea in the first call and second one embarrassed to be asking for help.

JJ: Parker! I’ve challenged Spider-man to a greek style oiled wrestling match in Central Park to see once and for all who the real hero is and loser has to leave town! I'll be greasing myself up, you grab your camera and meet me there!

JJ: Um nevermind about that last call. That webslinging weasel never showed and I’m pretty sure that coward called the police on me. Me of all people! I’ll be able to beat the indecent exposure charge but Peter you need to swing by the Bugle and tell Ms. Brant to give you the bail money.

Black cat starting and ending the call sensual but the middle part she's not trying to be sexy

Hey there Spider. I’m in a tree and I forgot how to get down. Could you uh call the fire department? I don’t know where I am. Don’t keep me waiting.

Booming voice, hammy, non-effeminate.

"Hello Spider-man! I am GAY for YOU!"

And that's it. If this works I'll probably do another one, if not, move onto something else.
Feel free to do as many parts and takes as you like. I like hearing people make attempts and I give constructive criticism is you like.

Here you go my friend.

vocaroo.com/i/s04aqCfCFilN

requestin, there is a big range of characters to choose from, no need to do all of them

You do a good Venom but your Carnage sounds just like him

doomanon could knock these out of the park

goddamnit. Not my fetish. Here of all places.

>not liking the sweet nurturing love of milk

I just wasn't expecting to fap in this thread...of all places

ah, i missunderstood, glad i gave someone an excuse to feel good today

Yeah, I see what you mean. Fucked around with the pitch setting a little, sound any better now?

vocaroo.com/i/s0hDu4hCfdDS

Here a little something from a few weeks ago.

vocaroo.com/i/s1kUGY7xdu6W

Yeah, that sounds much much better.

You have the accents down, but Medic is isn't getting chocked in the last panel and he shouldn't sound the same as the others, should he?

vocaroo.com/i/s1mu0Q5Wz0OD

I could apologize, but I won't.

vocaroo.com/i/s04jnpOvgjXv

This was a little rough since I've always felt like Cap and Scott's voices were a little similar so I dont't know if I differentiated them enough.

vocaroo.com/i/s1EMlB6w0Xxe

Just fun and lighthearted stuff, I like more solemn comedy like this too.

vocaroo.com/i/s1HKC4JDOt8r

This was just shootin the breeze not the usual ummph that the oath deseves, but still wanted the emphasis at the end.

Your voice for Scott was really good and your cadence was great.

A+

That was a good oath delivery. You don't have to yell the whole thing to speak with passion and conviction and you got that.

You should do more stuff, and do you have anything done on youtube you'd like to share?

Thank you, that means a lot. Everytime I try and do voiceacting, which is mostly for fun or like a hobby, I always try to keep in mind foremost that the acting is the most integral part, not just the voice itself. It's probably the most common piece of advice I hear other VA's sharing.

I've never worked on any projects, so no on the Youtube front, but I'd be lying if I said I've never thought about it. Just never felt like something feasible for me, but I've always kept up with voicework and practicing cause I love to do it.

You should look into doing more with it, even as a hobby, it's still worth pursuing.

There's these threads every so often and there's occasionally people looking to get people on with projects and you're good enough to try something bigger.

Yeah, this was my first time ever coming into one of these threads proper and I really enjoy the outlet here that lets people experiment with certain roles while also sharing knowledge it's a really cool thing to see.

I'm kind of in the dark as to where to even start pursuing stuff, but I'll definitely make a habit out of coming to these threads and will follow up on those links in the OP. Thanks again for all the words of encourgement, for something that I really love to do, but never really explored seriously it's pretty nice to see encouragement from someone else.

And I responded to my own post, my bad.

chirb.it/0baCGb

Evenin' SNS.

Evenin' just doin the spider-man thread thing.Can't listen now.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Cechq100hH

vocaroo.com/i/s1NRfG005a0r

vocaroo.com/i/s1bhgKG1PrA7

vocaroo.com/i/s1NGF1v3aWiW

>666

I don't want to be satan.

This is the perfect time to try out my new reaction image. Ain't she a beauty.

I've missed you.

Good voices.

Honestly wasn't sure how to voice him, kinda a shlub I guess?

vocaroo.com/i/s1LeH07SnYit

vocaroo.com/i/s1G2kPc8R9En

SOURCE LINKS(Some love from downtown)

ONE SOURCE FOR "WATCHMEN" QUOTES
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4358649-watchmen

MONOLOGUE ARCHIVE
There are a whole lot of dramatic monologues for men and women here. Comedic stuff too.
monologuearchive.com/

GENERIC RADIO WORKSHOP SCRIPT ARCHIVE
genericradio.com/
Welcome to the Generic Radio Workshop's online repository of scripts from the Golden Age of Radio: the original and largest collection of radio transcripts on the World Wide Web.

OLD TIME RADIO RESEARCHERS GROUP
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
Original radio scripts have been archived for the following shows.

GREAT SOURCE FOR MONOLOGUES
whysanity.net/

SUPERHERO MONOLOGUES FROM WHYSANITY
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8

RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE (Marvel v. DC)
pastebin.com/J9fR015E

OLDER RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ

FSA's DRAMA bin
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L

Supervillainess Marriage Proposal (Female Script)
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c

Supervillain marriage proposal (Male Script)
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j

Sexy funny comic strips to record.
www.oglaf.com

DOOM will destroy those responsible for this indignity! Doom will not rest until he has his vengeance! Doom will not be confined! He will escape this minuscule prison, and reign death and destruction on the everyone responsible! Not even the nail-makers, or the sowers of the seeds that grew into the trees that were mercilessly chopped down to construct this shoddy container will be spared! When the dust settles and the ash clears, Doom will have repopulated the rain forests out of the compost of the dead! In Latveria, it is said, "Blessed are the boxmakers, for they will make the boxes that will store the wealth of the future!" Under Doom's leadership, Latveria has many boxmakers, and they have made many boxes, and the wealth of the future is shiny, indeed. And none--not those responsible for this ignominy, not those who profit off my so-called defeat, not those in the ivory tower who expelled Doom when his project to rescue his mother from the void of hell itself was sabotaged and exploded, not the terrible RICHARDS--NONE shall have access to the profit of our future! None will have access, and none will shepherd Latveria into a new age, a DOOM age! For when Doom pries himself free of this shoddily constructed containment, I shall double, and RE-DOUBLE, my efforts to take down the vile RICHARDS, and all who support him, provide succor to him, and all who bow in reverence to his name! RICHARDS SHALL FALL! And it shall be DOOM WHO MAKES HIM FALL! ALL SHALL RISE IN CLAMOR FOR DOOM! AND DOOM SHALL DEFEAT RICHARDS AND LEAVE HIM A BROKEN AND SCARRED SHELL OF A MAN, AND HE SHALL RECOGNIZE DOOM AS HIS SUPERIOR AND THE WORLD SHALL BOW BEFORE DOOM! ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE DOOM! AND ALL WHO OPPOSE DOOM SHALL HAVE NO RECOURSE BUT VAPID AND IMPOTENT PRAYER! FOR THEY SHALL CALL UPON A GOD NOT THERE, A GOD NOT LISTENING, AND THE ONLY GOD THAT SHALL HEAR THEIR PITIFUL CRIES SHALL BE DOOM! AND DOOM WILL STAND BEFORE THEM! AND DOOM WILL TURN AWAY FROM THEIR CRIES FOR MERCY!

vocaroo.com/i/s1gghuOTJORv
> potato mic, sensual enough?

vocaroo.com/i/s0iCSFZPdvol
I can't do multiple voices worth shit, enjoy.

vocaroo.com/i/s13mW5Sh9Hj2
Female embodiment of Michael Cera

You act well, though your female cera sounds more like a female Walken to me.

I just realized that the joke doesn't work because Black Cat didn't identify herself. But yeah, it's sensual enough. Potato mic doesn't matter cause she's stuck in a goddamn tree like an idiot. Mind a retake on that? It's my bad.

Thanks for the take. I think it'd sound better less stilted and more casual but your voice is great for it.

Wow, you did a bunch. That's fantastic.

Norman is nearly perfect, I'd have him sound a little angrier.

Uncle Ben got a laugh, I like it a lot. That's going in the vid for sure.

Frank is also exactly what I wanted.

Holy shit that was a dead on JK Simmons. Damn dude that's perfect. I'm blown away you have his cadence down and everything. Your JJ is up there with your Doom.

I like it. That's goin in and it's good cause I liked your Spider-man too.

That's what I envisioned for it, ya did great.

vocaroo.com/i/s07rKbctWuPd
Here ya go, ill accept feedbacks

> female Walken
Even better!

Will do asap

>mfw hearing these back after several hours
>mfw I was on a muscle relaxer too powerful for me while recording them.

These aren't very good...

If you thought those were bad, I'd like to see what you think a good take is cause it's better than what I was expecting, but you have higher standards than I.

J Jonah was slurred, Norman sounded too young, Ben was decent but sounded fake and ungenuine, Punisher was decent.

If I did this well at my boss' studio, he'd fire me, man. You gotta do it in as least takes as possibl, not get burn-out, or you get your ass outta there. Voice-Over is hard.

Did I mention the muscle relaxers are still in me?

No?

Shit. Hopefully they be gone tomorrow so I can record more.

It's not like I'm in a rush to make my stupid video, man. And I admire your dedication to your craft.

This done ids a stupid cartoony voice like Donald duck or goofy or Bullwinkle

bump

I didn't know if you had a certain voice of hers in mind (since every voice actor that has done her has done it differently, so I just went with this.
vocaroo.com/i/s0BSiCQIPCha

vocaroo.com/i/s0T4ZVhO1L9r

Eyy, guess who fucked up Reginalds voice?

bump

Voice is fine, but I pictured her droppung the sensuality when she's talking about getting stuck in a tree up until don't know where I am. Can't believe I fucked up the line by not having her identify herself