Our heroes should be ashamed of us...

Our heroes should be ashamed of us. The next Crisis cover should just be a bunch of iconic characters looking away in SHAME! Look at how "comic fans" treated Chelsea Cain, will continue to treat Erica Henderson, all of that... What would Superman and Spider-Man THINK of us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fXqydQOz2o
web.archive.org/web/20141025094701/http://www.p4rgaming.com/book-report-super-mario-bros-3-brick-by-brick-by-moviebob-aka-bob-chipman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Striking while that irons hot huh?

Does anyone here actually do the whole WWMFCD?

What's worse:
>be anthony birch
>be moviebob

Would you rather be cognizant of your failure or ignorant?

Does it mean what would my favorite character do? Because I use to do that up till the ninth grade. Ended up as a socially shut in.

>yfw both

Shit, I was gonna say the exact same thing.

being moviebob

Yeah good guess.

Shut up, Dashly. Disgusting pedo.

>What would Superman and Spider-Man THINK of us?

It's me Superman, I think you're a faggot.

So you don't like being called names, huh Movieblob? Well that's too bad, frog face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!

It's always fumny that people forget Peter's tendency to bully.

One's a cuck, the other is just a SJW because he thinks he can get more women to sleep with his pathetic ass that way and compares Super Mario Bros. 3 to the JFK assassination and 9/11 in terms of sheer cultural impact

Which one do you think I'm going to choose?
Movieblob

Marvel would rather ignore it since they wanna make Peter into something he's not.

>and compares Super Mario Bros. 3 to the JFK assassination and 9/11

Bullshit, not even Movieblob can be this retarded.

>What would Superman and Spider-Man THINK of us?
Spider-Man made a deal with the devil, he can't talk shit about anybody.

Has movieblop ever done anything remotely physical that wasn't picking up a fucking tv remote in his life

He made a video about exercising and staying healthy.

To be fair, it's not like people would care if Marvel brought that back. It's now encouraged to treat bad people like shit in wildly disproportionate ways, and Marvel embraces that.

Link pls? I need to check if he's following his own advice.

You serious?

youtube.com/watch?v=2fXqydQOz2o

He's still fat.

It's literally a chapter in his book.

Has there ever been a more pathetic beta-male other than Joss Whedon?

One of his exercising advice is sitting up straight. Of course he's still fat.

Wil Wheaton, easily.

Linkara

>Check out his Patreon on a lark
>Just a bit over 3K a month.

...not sure what I was expecting.

So is his SMB3 book actually good?

It's just strange.

All their big hits worked because the characters had meaningful and unique faults, but the way they try to push things now is to make a perfect character and then add incidental blemishes that mean nothing. It's so backwards. You can't make enduring figures like Namor and Doom and Banner without defining them as individuals that you can agree and disagree with.

>defending Chelsea Cain
Is this a new low for Game Overeater?

>Namor
What is IMPERIUS REX even doing right now? Is he still dead?

It's just memeing.

How can you read what they just said and think the answer is "yes."

I think he stopped being dead recently and is floating in Oceanic Limbo like he always is since writers are usually too pussy to tackle him.

Shame that Everret seemed to be the only man to ever understand how to write a Sub-Mariner ongoing; if the last few attempts weren't so shit I bet we'd get more.

>Chelsea Cain
>Erica Henderson
Who?

Mockingbird and Squirrel Girl.

What did people say about them? All I know is that the new Squirrel Girl looks like crap

Oh women supers writers. Don't really know either of those, but squirrel girl has terrible art from what I've seen.

Bob "If you're a jock, I'll hit you with a rock" Chipman
Bob "Empty my nine into the Halo release line" Chipman

Chelsea wrote Mockingbird and it sold shit so Marvel canceled it. She went on Twitter, cried mysoginy because two people called her names, now it's a best seller. For context on how bad this book is her favorite part of it is when she got away with writting "tampon" three times. In the context of the book, she was asking "How can we expect girls to open up if we can't talk about tampons in public."

Oh yeah, also she retconned how Mockingbird is a rape victim. Now she's a sociopathic murderer who lied about getting raped.

Bob Chipman, as a grown man, skipped his grandmother's funeral in order to play SMB3 again for the billionth or so time.
Only the most completely cold-hearted can actually read his book for the sake of roasting it for long. Anyone with a sense of empathy just comes away from it weeping with sorrow and/or overcome with horror at what a truly broken human being he is.

It's too bad, because when he wasn't going on SJW rants his movie reviews were actually pretty good and could be well-thought out when he didn't let politics get in the way of critiquing the movie.

wasn't MJW made the deal and Peter just went along with it like a cuck?

>Bob Chipman, as a grown man, skipped his grandmother's funeral in order to play SMB3 again for the billionth or so time.

The fuck? Tell me more

I remember being a bluepilled lad in college till I watched his "Sucker Punch" review; that was the moment I smelled something fishy.

MJ told him it was okay and he did it. She made a deal with him after saying that in the new reality the reason they aren't married is that Peter was late for the wedding. OMD was bizarre.

If he devoted his life to be a fat autistic loner I refuse to believe he couldn't at least make a single decent gaming commentary book, right?

It wasn't that he was late, it was that he went on a last-minute Spider-mission and got conked on the head with a brick, knocking him out and making him miss the wedding entirely. Then he and MJ had a fight where MJ said that all she wanted from Peter was a baby.

Then MJ got shot in the face point-blank, but Dr. Strange cured her, and then I think he used his magic to retcon Peter's identity reveal from "Civil War". I think.

Well.... One involves being "married" to a woman who'd rather fuck anyone but me so I pretend to be bisexual to try to improve my odds at sex with literally anyone and still not get any.

The other involves being fat and lonely and getting kicked out of most of my cushy internet jobs because I just don't know when to shut up and instead go back to youtube to make videos where every character is just me making voices.

Can I just choose not to choose?

I still wanna know why. Like, what the fuck that accomplish? How did MJ make that deal? Why did Mephisto take the deal?

That and whenever he wasn't putting personal bias on his videos, which he falls to all the time.

>That Chronicle review
>Whenever he talks about X-Men
He constantly sides up with the bad guy because "H-He was bullied and I was bullied in high school." It's hilarious how he can't let go of his high school experience despite being a grown ass old man.

Does bob have any freinds in serious I've never seen him with someone else in his videos even he has literally edited himself to have more than one person in his shows

Always felt that was stupid.
Making everyone forget who was Spider-Man.

Because of Love.

I'm amazed he still but he's about highshoom he's like a forty year old autist who never moved on

>What did it accomplish
It retconned the Civil War reveal and removed Peter and MJ's marriage because reasons.
>How did MJ make that deal
Fuck if I know.
>Why did Mephisto take the deal
Because he wanted their love for some fucking reason?

It's been years since OMD/OMIT happened, and I doubt many of us have it figured out.

Oh, I forgot to mention: Dr. Strange was unable to fix Aunt May's sniper bullet to her waist, but he was able to keep Mary Jane in stable condition despite being shot in the goddamn head and/or face.

I'm sure there were better ways of accomplishing that.

Which reminds me: JMS had a better idea for OMD in which he wouldn't have retconned Peter and MJ's wedding. Rather, he had planned for Harry Osborn to go into rehab for his drug problems, which would have subsequently never led to him becoming the Green Goblin. Ultimately, it would have also brought Gwen Stacy back to life as well, as she never would have died.

But I guess bringing back Gwen is far too radical an idea for Marvel, so they chose to just have the implication that Peter and MJ had a child out of wedlock.

But for what purpose? What does anyone gain? I can at least understand the first deal because Aunt May. But who is benefiting from the second?

Also, the Sega/Nintendo console war was his personal Vietnam

Wake me when they talk about maxi-pads like a real woman.

I can see why he was bullied. Shit, I was a geek who got bullied in high school, but at least I wasn't that retarded.

Is Bob "Straight, white Christian dudes will be thrown in graves, nude" Chipman legitmately insane?

Why?

Here we are.
For Moviebob, the reveal of Super Mario Bros. 3 was his personal JFK Assassination moment. Also 9/11.

Are these actual quotes or are you memeing

Here's a Console War excerpt as well.

Bob "Dudebros get bullets to the nose" doesn't fuck around when it comes to fighting for POC, women, and minorities.

Ok that's just fucking sad comparing your shirty childhood and a console choice to an actual fucking war is retarded

How new are you?

He's not crazy but has bought his bullshit and is selling it like its credible facts

web.archive.org/web/20141025094701/http://www.p4rgaming.com/book-report-super-mario-bros-3-brick-by-brick-by-moviebob-aka-bob-chipman/

>Sometimes I wake up, in the dead of the night, drenched in my own sweat.
>I remember the good times, and, oh god, the bad times. The bad times, the most. We were such a rambunctious bunch, and we thought we would have our whole life ahead of us. But then came the war.
>I lost count of how many good friends I lost. The look in their eyes when they realized what was going on, that there was no turning back. That this was the end - period, and there was nothing we could do but mourn our losses and try to remember the good, to honor all the crap that was going on around us.
>How shots were fired daily with no regard to the human life caught in the crossfire. How the powers-that-be had their own agenda to tend to, the middle man be damned. That we be damned. But someone had to do it, and I'd do it all over again if I had to.
>Yes, sir, I served in the great Console Wars of our time.

They should do an Apocalypse Now based on the Console Wars.

Kek, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how blob actually saw it

>watch and do actual research about the original Japanese version of Samurai Pizza Cats
>prove lots of the old myths about it wrong with actual sources and citations to back them up
>no one listens to me because I'm a nobody
>moviebob spends 5 seconds Googling, then makes a video for some e-celeb website perpetuating the same old myths
>mfw

Are you serious?

Blame Doug Walker and Channel Awesome. They're the ones who put MovieBob on the map in the first place.

Bashing Chelsea Cain will be Sup Forums's eternal lowpoint.

>The horror... the horror...

I meant about those Ninja Spaghetti Dogs.

Yes. You know all those things people say about Samurai Pizza Cats? About how the original was boring and serious, that it was only the dub that made it into a comedy, that the original version was a failure in Japan, that the creators prefer the dub, etc.? All easily debunkable if you bother to do some real research. Original show is already full of puns, pop culture references, fourth wall breaking, ad-libbing and self-deprecation, all you have to do is watch it to see that. There are also ratings records that show it got quite good ratings, something the creators also acknowledged in interviews if you bother to look them up. And in all the interviews I've found, none of them have the creators even mention the dub, let alone say they prefer it. The character designer in fact even specifically said on his blog that he hasn't seen the dub, and while he's a little curious about it, doesn't particularly care enough to actually buy the DVDs and watch it. He clearly loves the original show though, since he's still drawing the characters 2 decades later. But moviebob made a video for The Escapist some years ago that just perpetuates all that stuff.

I can't tell if you're shitposting or are insane.

Moviebob never had anything to do with That Guy With The Glasses.

When he started making his Game Overthinker videos, he put them on Screw Attack; while his movie reviews were put on his blog.

He was picked up by The Escapist around the time the Watchmen movie premiered. Maybe just one week before.

Go away, Chelsea.

Look, if you're fired from a major online content distributor just because you won't stop ranting about American politics in your content after your bosses specifically told you not to, your rights have clearly been violated and your fanbase ought to step up and fund your solo efforts of making socially-conscious shut-in movie and game reviews that only children and TVTropes take seriously.

I did not read this post, just FYI.

And a Sieg Heil to you too, my good friend!

>Only the most completely cold-hearted can actually read his book for the sake of roasting it for long. Anyone with a sense of empathy just comes away from it weeping with sorrow and/or overcome with horror at what a truly broken human being he is.

yeah i had to stop and he was only at like level 2 of mario.

probably easier to solve anthony birhces issues.

If I were him I'd probably not though.

This is the last response you're getting from me, you shitposting cunt.

>st because you won't stop ranting about American politics in your content after your bosses specifically told you not to
Wait, he actually got reprimanded for bringing sjw bullshit into his videos?

Funny that. Bob was the only film critic I listened to precisely BECAUSE he like Sucker Punch. And I agreed with him on almost every other movie he reviewed.

This went on for EXACTLY five years until Dawn of Justice made me quit him.

Same director, same month.

Irony.

And this is the last response you're getting from me, trumpkin.

The Escapist fired him right after he kept going on a Twitter tirade talking about dudebros and cowadoody proving that the majority of gamers just want to harass women to suicide.

To be honest he wasn't doing it any more than most other journalists in his field.

Honestly, I think it was the non-stop barrage of autism that was his Twitter feed that got him fired. Go look it up anytime you feel like you want to get really fucking pissed at another person's mere existence.

CORGIS CORGIS CORGIS XD

Yes, how horrible, what a terrible thing to have corgis in barely two pages an issue...

>hurr why u not liek a shitty unfunny joke crammed into your face over and over
You can stop baiting already.

The entire reason she doesn't die in the end is because of corgis, fuck off.