Well?

Well?

No Dune

This, Dune.

Honestly that might be the bait of OPs image because Dune is the clear answer and this entire thread will become a discussion about Dune.

Dune was originally where Todd is but some normie shit edited the image

>normie shit
Fuck of normalfag, you clearly don't understand Todd's brilliance.

No Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, hmm.

>Tumblrbait Roastie and Lardass Pedophile in the same category as based, Lucas, Roddenberry, and Tolkein

Star trek

Avatar has a real chance to surpass every film universe but the LOTR

My boi Todd, he created Fallout too

Todd didn't create TES, Lefay and Peterson did.

Out of those? Tolkien.

We all know the real answer.

Lovecraft is missing.

how does any of them come close to Tolkein ? even if you prefer another "universes" books/films/kids meal more.

Star Wars

Potter, GoT and ES (and even to some extent SW) are all heavily derived from LotR and would not exist without it.

So really it comes down to Roddenberry and Tolkien. For me the clear choice between those two is Tolkien.

I was under the impression that Star Wars was mostly influenced by Japanese works, what influence did LotR have on it?

Word? The series where they literally wave around Swords and shoot magic from their hands? Which series am I talking about? Fucking RoodyPoo.

How do you define "Greatest"?

By some emotional standard if how much you like something?

Or by an objective standards that are measurable like references in popular culture, dollars earned cumulatively, ect.

If objective greatness, then Star Wars. Overall the largest impact globally and most dollars earned. Emotionally, Tolkien is probably most important.

>all of those old fucks created just 1 relevant universe each
>Todd created TES and Fallout
Pretty obvious choice

>Word?
?
Shooting magic from hands certainly wasn't Tolkien.

He doesn't even write his stories

Ganondalf vs Magneto?

>and Fallout
BAIT

>Ganondalf
I secede the point.

bad bait.

>universe

I'm not well read to the point I can say with confidence the Foundation series was the first ficiotnal universe to have a galaxy wide civilization with completely urbanized planets and fleet battles but I think it was an influence on Star Wars.

Also I think WW2 Pacific War was a major influence on Star Wars. The technology in the film mimics those battles.

?

Word? Didn't have a problem with Magneto?

I enjoyed the mental image of a Ganon-Gandalf.

>40k is not an option

He steals all his shit from movies.
Snatcher is just a rip-off of Blade Runner.
Snake is just Kurt Russell.
He's now just hiring actors he likes for his new game.

>Todd
>creator of Elder Scrolls

For some reason I can't imagine what he would look like and I'm the one that said it.
>implying he is trying to hide it
I watched Escape from New York and immediately lost any creative confidence in Kojima

tolkien>>roddenberry>>>>>lucas>>>>martin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>howard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rowling

They all serve goods

GOT is good for realism
Star Trek for Utopian future
Star Wars has p neat aspects but others do it better
LOTR is meh but amazing for it's time
Pottah is pretty fucking lame imo

but here's where it gets weird
if you choose TES 3 morrowind and everything before it went ultra realism edge cool hip and went with the crazy fucking shit like god heads and whatnot then it's the best by far, but that was before Todd got his hands on it all

gene is the only one worth mentioning

roddenberry>grrm>tolkien>rowling>lucas>todd

retard

Here's a better game.

How many people in this image would literally be nothing without Tolkien?

Tolkien has THE most fleshed out universe by far and it was all done by him (with help from his son). No one else comes close

Roddenberry takes this one it's not even a competition.

Lol end yourself

fuck off Sup Forums

t. someone who isn't familiar with Roddenberry's work

>Someone actually thought J.K.Rowling and George R.R. Martin deserved to be on the list

Epic

>grrm above Tolkien
Not true on the source or adaptation material.

Both are better than Lucas

Tolkien. Reading Lord of the Rings after ASOIAF shows that Tolkien knew what to do with a mythos, rather than just creating one.

>Todd Howard
>creator of anything

>muh retarded looking spaceship
>muh tweeter phasers
>muh diversity

Question was which was the "greatest" though, not "most fleshed out".

I probably like the Star Wars universe the most, whereas Tolkien has the best writing and Martin the best characterization. I don't have a strong opinion on the matter though, the only thing of import to note is that The Elder Scrolls is fucking shit compared to any of the other five universes.

This image would definitely trigger all the Kirkbride fanboys on Sup Forums

>Lovecraft
>good, let alone great

Fallout for best sci fi universe

3 of those wouldnt have been there without Tolkien, so probably that guy, even though I don't enjoy his books.

tolkien or howard

This

You just contradicted yourself in your post

>it was created all by himself!
>his son helped him

Fuck off

There's so many missing. I guess Lucas might win between these. Some could make a case for LotR and ASoIaF. Todd looks like he shouldn't be in. Trek is at the shadow of the others and Potter might be good for youg people even though it is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

/thread

yeah creating tes after the lord of the rings was a thing is a huge step for humanity

>Harry Potter as an option

Tolkien is truffle that has aged well
Roddenberry is fine, vintage truffle that tastes foul now
Elder Scrolls guy is truffle that got marketed by McDonalds and tastes great but is empty calories now and an MSG laden parody of itself
Lucas is half truffle half shit and Lucas is constantly updating the recipe
GRRM is truffle someone ate and shat out, and he's thrown enough of it at the wall to see what sticks
And JKR is just shit that you think is truffle but is hollow inside

Morrowind>all

Seriously Tolkien is the one who put by far the most effort in the world building.

Lucas and Roddenberry both created a loose concept fleshed out by dozens of other writers, and both of their universes are an inconsistent mess as a result..

>Who Created The Greatest Universe
God did.
Praised be his name

>Dune
Its YA tier, really its not that great.

Todd didn't even start on TES until Morrowind.

Jordan vs Martin vs Sanderson vs Erikson vs Pratchett vs Potter
Who wins?

Tolkien. Very comfy. I have to admit that the Harry Potter universe also was quite comfy... especially the early books.

Elder Scrolls has best lore out of all of them, but the worst interpretation of said lore in the media.

Makes dune and 40k look like child toys in comparison.

If we're doing videogames then why isn't Zelda universe an option?

nu/tv/ is horrible

You all consider yourselves so smart, and so well read, yet not a single one of you stupid fucks ever brings up Heinlein.

Him, Clarke, and Asimov weren't called The Big Three, for nothing.

Fucking pathetic, Sup Forums.

Terry Patchett's Discworld.

just stop embarrasing yourself already with this weak ass bait nigga

>Brainlet has never read c0da

Lmao

No one likes you Sup Forums

Gene Roddenberry

Star Trek

SW >= Thrones > ST > Rings >> Potter
never played Elder Scrolls.

Tolkien, Roddenberry, or Martin depending what you mean by best

Rowling is shit at worldbuilding
The best Star Wars lore came from people who weren't Lucas
Todd is a hack fraud who ruins all he touches

Either Lucas or Roddenberry.

The initial question was pick one of six not who is the best of all time or anything

Um, sweetie, why doesn't this picture have any Jews in it?

Anti-Semitic much?

correct

ignore the others, MGS is amazing, even MGSV has its charm.

sanderson is my nigga, his rules on magic should be set and stone and used by all fantasy authors

>1 will protect you, the other will try and kill you.
I'd go Lucas, he's the 2nd laziest person on there, but he's probably the richest.

Tolkien by a country mile.

Roddenberry was a fucking hack, arguably worse than Lucas. If he hadn't worked with great producers like Bob Justman and writers like DC Fontana, no one would remember him. There's a good reason why most of the best episodes of TNG were produced only after his involvement ended.

It’s always Todd, dreamboy. You fuckin loser

Tolkien of course.
No question.

Trek universe is pretty good I guess, so is asoiaf.
Star wars, elder scrolls are fun.
Harry potter is enough for the books and a few creature manuals. Nothing really compelling.

Obviously Tolkien, his universe is literally bled into the way we perceive other universes including our own.

i guess if you're talking about the universe with the most expansive canon content i would say either lord of the rings or star trek. star wars only has 6 movies (made by lucas), rowling doesn't really do anything interesting except in hogwarts, the elder scrolls (as much as i love the games) is basically generic medieval land, and got does surprisingly little with its environment.

>After I kill you I will rape your corpse. Don't worry I'll be gentle
I wish speech options like this were in actually good RPGs

Dune