What's your thoughts on movies making constant pop culture references?

what's your thoughts on movies making constant pop culture references?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pics/comments/787uhh/my_parents_gave_us_the_best_wedding_present_ever/
reddit.com/r/weddingplanning/comments/5w8tcn/obligatory_yes_to_the_dress_post/
reddit.com/r/wedding/comments/787s3h/my_parents_gave_us_the_best_wedding_present_ever/
reddit.com/r/weddingplanning/comments/787s96/my_parents_gave_us_the_best_wedding_present_ever/
youtube.com/watch?v=BRd6JlxO2f0
youtube.com/watch?v=lGiUHF2iqkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does my fucking nut

Where is the originality? Nostalgiafags ruined everything then forced normies to accept it. Sci-fi, comics and star wars used to be a geek minority now it's just pleb fodder

>haha I'm so quirky and unique!!! look at me loving all these shows and movies already well-established in pop-culture, how daring!
Hmmm... Let me guess, they think they're outcasts for liking these right?

cool, very cool

hilarious
you just know they'll get a dog as a replacement for a child

It's really lazy but it appeals to people making them think they are quirky too and they can relate to the sassy hero because they both know about a song from 1987.

its to pander to the mass audience so that the viewer can say
"this movie gets me"

Who are the married couple meant to be?

>no DC characters
At least they're safe

>The Black Knight standing at the back against the wall like the autistic contrarian he is
/ourguy/

>300 posts incoming despite this being the 20th time this thread has been posted

>when your wife is ugly even in a flattering drawing

some reddit nobodies.

>top kek look at these normies using pop culture as a replacement for a real personality

*posts a Sneed thread*

This is unironically the most reddit image I've ever seen

>talking shit about Sneed
fuck off city slicker

The film industry is no longer what it used to be. The lack of original films makes me want to watch wrestling or MMA. Sure,WWE is now WCW 2000 but at least they don’t shove diversity or “muh nerd culture” down our throats. Also smarks aren’t as bad as those who put “In this house we do geek” posters or parade with the fact they like some “coll and hip nerd thing”

What is the context behind this pic? Link to the post?

the context is millenials and consumerism

But where does it come from?

reddit.com/r/pics/comments/787uhh/my_parents_gave_us_the_best_wedding_present_ever/

o god shes so ugly
reddit.com/r/weddingplanning/comments/5w8tcn/obligatory_yes_to_the_dress_post/

>those fucking comments
In reddit's defense, if this pic is posted on any other subreddit, it's picked apart for being how ridiculous it is.

wrong
reddit.com/r/wedding/comments/787s3h/my_parents_gave_us_the_best_wedding_present_ever/

reddit.com/r/weddingplanning/comments/787s96/my_parents_gave_us_the_best_wedding_present_ever/

It shows they don't lack an identity of themselves and won't go against them majority if it isn't popular, really shows how weak minded they are. I hate how pop-culture fags won't watch anything older than something from the 70s and that will probably by The Godfather or A New Hope.

Oh, well I found it mocked in other subreddits, but I guess I was wrong.

it will go away in a few years.
Blame Tarantino and Wes Craven for all this post-modernistic shit. It was fun while it was for chosen ones but once it hit the mainstream - it became dull.

WHY MY MANS HULK GOTTA SIT OUTSIDE??!

u sure u kno what post modernism is?

I like how people pretend how weird and quirky they are to hide their social ineptitude, yet when actual obscure references are made they act you're odd conforming to the preapproved meme brands of consumer products.

They act like you're odd for not*

Fuck me

It's nothing new
youtube.com/watch?v=BRd6JlxO2f0

one time i had cypress hill on at a bbq, then i turned madvillainy on and i got 3 complaints

There's nothing to do with you, you little cancerous lump, because I cannot blast you with radiation, as is necessary. Instead you're here shitting up the board with your redditor behaviour. --Even so fucking brazen to admit you browse reddit. Maybe you think you aren't so bad and the differences between Sup Forums and reddit are overblown? No, kid. You're a fucking piece of shit. Trust me on that. Fuck you, redditor scum.

Are they getting married by Tommy Cooper?

>not ONE anime character
confirmed for normie trash

yeah, half way through his lines he dropped dead

fuck you, I've read the wiki page

kill yourself.

>browse reddit.
I really don't. I just reversed searched the image and I could only find reddit pages that were trashing the image.
On one hand, I think you're a little unfairly mad, but I sympathize with your dislike of reddit, so I can't disapprove that much. Also, your post would work pretty well as a pasta.

pls refrain from referring to tarantino and craven as the ones to blame for postmodernpism tho, cos they totally aren't

always blame jackson pollock

Please tell me where that picture is from.

I'll blame Spielberg and Lucas thank you

I'm a 280lb man and I'd look better than her if I wore a wig.

am not the cunt dude but u totally just outed yourself as a redditor, let me quote the parts of ur post that show us u made ur debut on reddit and not Sup Forums
>I sympathize with your dislike of reddit, so I can't disapprove that much(((.)))
>browse reddit.
>I really don't.
>trashing
>Also,
> your post would work pretty well as a (((((((pasta)))))))).

The irony is that these people would've probably mercilessly bullied people for liking such interests until it got popular but now that nerd culture is big they like to pretend they are the qt social outcast with interests nobody would get if they began spouting them.

K. I guess you got me because I browse The_Donald every day for about five minutes max. I literally don't use reddit for any other reason unless I'm searching some question on Google I want answered. If that makes me someone who browses reddit, then so be it.

look in thread at the picture of her
she definitely only became a nerd because she had to cos puberty hit her like an 18 wheeler that was on fire with spinning blades on the wheels that was pouring salt out of the back to land in her wounds

critical theory was always right

dont worry reddit-kun, u will eventually learn how to post on Sup Forums without it looking like reddit format

>no dc
kek

I guess you're just trying to b8 me at this point, but I really don't browse reddit except what I mention, meaning I spend a hundredfold more amount of time on Sup Forums than reddit.

Would Chris-chan tap it?

this is the Evangelion board,new friend
youtube.com/watch?v=lGiUHF2iqkY

KILL YOURSELF!!!

Disappointing, but I'm glad this is in 2014 and he and she have only become less relevant.

>This is awesome! We had a cosplay wedding, so this could have been an artist's rendition of our ceremony. (We had Q as an officiant - and the Doctor appeared in #10 form, but close enough!)

looks like a huge jew

>Tarankino
>post modern
The only thing he ever did that was post modern was put a black guy and a few women in his films, the director of Arrival should be the one to blame

>that image
If you are somehow implying that's a reference to pop culture/movies then you're a bigger retard than you believe.

I know what it is user i was just hoping to kickstart the thread with nice bait

>implying everyone on Sup Forums spends all fucking day on this board like you do

If the movie/show is based or a homage (strangerthings) of a style, sure. If it's just for pandering it can fuck itself.