NamWolf

nerdist.com/namwolf-is-the-vietnam-war-werewolf-comic-of-your-dreams-exclusive/

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdist.com/namwolf-is-the-vietnam-war-werewolf-comic-of-your-dreams-exclusive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>When telling a story in a specific time period–like a historically significant war–research usually plays a big role and ‘Namwolf was no different. That said, the type of research certainly wasn’t typical and crossed into several mediums. Rangel, Jr. said they used “’80s movies with werewolves in them, reading about Vietnam, and reading the Marvel comic, The ‘Nam” as resources while researching the book.. Faerber spent time studying photos from the era to make sure uniforms and weapons were accurate. He also spent plenty of time watching classic films about the Vietnam War, name-checking everything from Full Metal Jacket to Good Morning Vietnam.

>nerdist.com/namwolf-is-the-vietnam-war-werewolf-comic-of-your-dreams-exclusive/
HA SO QUERRKEE!
I hate this conventiuon of _____is the ____thing you've always wanted
No. It's not. No one ever wanted this. It's just five random words thrown together to hopefully maker a coherent story.

Yeah the name of the article is pretty dumb, but I don't think the team are trying to go that route

That's all for the preview, but there are a few more art

Just for the hell of it Spider-nam

Might be cool

>genre mashups

Fuck off. This looks like ass

Mignola's really slipping lately

Why don't we ever get this made?

You fuck off. There's nothing inherently wrong with mashups.

>There's nothing inherently wrong with mashups.

You mean BESIDES the fact that they are creatively bankrupt.

>Doc from G.I. Joe

Someone call Larry Hama

No I think they are exactly. It's supposed to be some schlocky '80s action movie or something which means it's going to be shit because all hipsters nowadays know how to do is go "find something somewhat underground from 20+ years ago, claim to love it, create horrible derivative media based on it because your work is wrapped in irony". How the fuck can you take the literal tumblr nose art seriously in this?

Dis nigga mad

Werewolves are cool
I approve of this

There is going to be a werewolf the apocalypse game
Good times my friend

Who gives a shit about tumblr
Get a life, nerd

>create horrible derivative media based on it because your work is wrapped in irony

I don't think that's always the case, but this is from the writer of Space Riders so you're dead on.

Holy shit this narration. What.

>black dude is firing a revolver that ejects rounds
>middle white dude has literally zero trigger discipline

If you're gonna do a war comic, at least do your fucking research.

what a charming looking woof

It works if you read it in Sam Elliot's voice

That's not a revolver

Why is this so sterile, theres no substance or grit or nothing to it. Its like someone said "Lets have a vietnam comic WITH A WEREWOLF!" and no one told him what else happened after, the violence is meh, the characters are literally cliches and the art is typical tumblr crap that for some reason is obsessed with glowing noses.

WHY DO THEY DRAW THE NOSES LIKE THEY'RE INFECTED OR SOMETHING?! WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT!.

>the characters are literally cliches

From the writer of Space Riders, another comic full of boring "badass" cliches and hollow nothing characters

I don't think it's anything. It's got a revolver grip but a pistol's ejection port, and certainly looks like nothing the US used in Nam.

Chalk it up to sheer laziness on the artist's part.

After how great Hillbilly has been it's a shame that the first non Eric Powell comic from his indie imprint is this

I'd rather just reread one of Ennis's many vietnam comics.

THIS LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME

This basically.

where do i get more of this

I would literally kill for Stokoes Spider-Man in NAM comic if marvel wants to bring more readers make shit like this!

Space riders badass cliches characters worked out with the art and story you can't have a NAM story with boring characters and shitty art

Well since the thread is still up

Deviant art coloring

Did they rip off Olly Moss that bad?

Last is a cosplay

Explain this.

Damn Stokoe really should do more marvel work

It's a secret wars tie in by Gareth ennis about the phantom eagle he tries to play a Han Solo type but really is a cowardly loser whose not worth the bullet, gets stuck on Amazonian women island with manipulative lesbian and gets turned into a slave

>spidey not joining the good guys in the war

That's technically a wolf-like alien, not a werewolf.

Why is absolutely ever medic in a Vietnam film/comic/show always a black guy?

>M16A1's with A2 handguards

>zero trigger discipline
Wasn't really a thing in Vietnam, TD didn't really start to become a big time thing until about the 90's thanks to Cooper, and even then you can find Marine training manuals from the 90's that show a complete lack of TD

Because Stokoe puts out one issue of Orc Stain about every six years.
That, and I doubt Disney/ Marvel want to put Spidey in Vietnam: it wouldn't synergise well with the MCU.
Also, Marvel doesn't seem to do What-if's anymore.

>"what would happen if these two completely different genres of fiction were to combine"
>creatively bankrupt
I mean, I get where you're coming from (Nazi zombies from mars kind of schlock), but war overlaps with horror, and figuring out how and when to use elements from each is a skill in itself.
Just because few people do it well doesn't mean it's a bad idea to try.
You sassy bitch

God, Ennis is such a shitty writer.

This art looks like Guy Davis meets Tuler Crook.

Could be awesome.

They remind me of Doonesbury characters

Sweet, Mignola.

How is Mignola slipping there? Just curious, it looks good to me.