/trek/

Cardassian courts edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_corporate_history
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That too. I mean, she said she "felt a presence" pretty shitty but oh well.

Yeah she's the polar opposite of wesley. He can do EVERYTHING she can do NOTHING.
>I'm an Empath and I can tell the emotions of other people even from orbit.
>Except for when it's needed
>Sorry I can't make out what it is captain
>It's confusing I can't tell what exactly what they are feeling
Fucking worthless cunt.

Well, the "Woman gets magic pregnant and develops unreasonable attachment to alien child" is kind of a trope, I'd wager it happens in a whole bunch of different stories.

Oh yeah. That kinda hit me:
>Season 1: No conflict: The season. Let's all hold hands and agree with each other
>Season 2 Ep1: FORCE HER TO HAVE AN ABORTION NOW.
Ooph. That's quite the turn there.

Troi was really only useful in one episode in season 6, Face of the Enemy. That was really good.

Ere, blue balls, you'll be working for me one d...

Why are some spoons blue?

I just realized how they could have salvaged Dukat in season seven
Q puts him through a trial like Picard, and he... wins.

>Last time on Babby Star Trek
>And now, the conclusion...

Imagine living near the baseball field in Take Me Out to the Holosuite on the day that the DS9 cast showed up to film, what a fucking trip

>Ooh, I see you're putting that Klingon dildo to good use, Deanna.

They did a really good job of hiding Gates McFadden's pregnancy until this one moment at the end of the season. They couldn't do one more good shot of her that didn't show her belly?

At a guess, it's a fashion. Female Cardassians use some sort of makeup to turn their "spoons" blue.
Alternately it's a clear delineating factor between male and female Cardassians.

that fucking haircut would need fucking support beams to hold in real life

Cardassians hold their hair in place with the distilled pain that they extract from their interrogation victims

>most boring main character in any Trek series barely does anything
>hiding
Good job crew. And yes, grannyfags, she was very hot back then, just underwritten.

Speaking of bellies.
youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90

Clearly this is an example of superior Cardassian Engineering. For, as every loyal Cardassian knows, no finer engineers exist in all the quadrant.

Yeah, the ladies.

I wasn't sure if it was only female Cardassians I'd seen it on. A cosmetic affectation seems like a good reason.

It's a brilliant coincidence, really. All they had to do was have her wear that labcoat that she already wore all the time anyway. But don't forget the episode The Host, which was not only a Crusher heavy episode, but near the end of the season when her pregnancy was becoming noticeable, and they still hid it. She has told stories of having to make out with that dude with her big ol belly sticking out, but upon closer inspection it wasn't even that big at the time.

Oh yes, THEY acknowledged that, but I'm saying SHE acted weirded than anyone. Right of the bat she came out with "I'm having this baby!" Bitch you're not arguing with your mother about keeping some space-bikers baby you got impregnated by never before seen unknown super fast growing alien lifeform.
Fuck at that moment you didn't even know if it wouldn't just burst your fucking guts by expanding them in 2 days instead of 10 Months. For fucks sake the thing turned out to be radioactive and needed to literally commit sudoku to keep from killing the crew.
I'm saying that it is weird that she 100% treated the situation like she was having a normal kid while COMPLETELY ignoring any of the shit that was going on. "oh hey captain I'm just making dinner for the 8 year old I gave birth to this morning" Not even telling the captain that she was surprised when he talked. Like it's completely normal for an 11 hour old to be as developed as a 4 year old.
Like this user pointed out, she wasn't even concerned that if he hadn't fucking turned back into a star the kid would have lived for 2 weeks tops. wait betazoids get like 150 years old right? So maybe a bit under a month before he would have died of old age.

Like I said, everyone ELSE reacted normal. Troi herself acted completely one-dimensional, or basically not at all and that's where I draw the line. No matter how much "motherly love" you have, you would at least be a BIT concerned.. fuck NORMAL mothers are concerned about all kinds of shit all the time.

Yay you could point to one episode out of 24 where it may have made a difference.

You can't argue with results. That is, unless you want to have children.

>preggo gates mcfadden

hhhnnnnngggggg

Chill out, dude. Come back to this board when you're 25.

>that feel when

>preggo Jonathan Frakes

There's nothing one-dimensional with her choosing not to have it killed after consulting Pulaski about what it was.

grannyfags gtfo

Trips of truth. You could already see her thickening up in Data's Day.

Is it appropriate for an officer to take his CMO on a hiking trip in the Hollywood Hills?

I'm not knocking that. I'm saying it's weird that she didn't want to know more. That she JUST informed the ship "lol imma keep it" and then proceed to act the entire episode like it's just a normal pregnancy/kid. Everyone else reacted somewhat realistic with various degrees of freaking out. Fuck she even just put him in the daycare to play with puppies and other kids. THIS IS AN ALIEN LIFEFORM WITH SUPER RAPID GROWTH HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE STAFF KEEP A SUPER CLOSE EYE ON IT AT ALL TIMES.

No way.

She's gone full Steenburgen.

>not being preggo with Riker's baby and you two getting fat together

As long as they have tea afterwards.

thanks for keeping my file name

She was observing it and could tell it wasn't hostile. It wouldn't be good tv if she was freaking out the entire episode, unable to sleep, paranoid about it trying to kill her only for it be benign

who should go on the right?

God, I love Mary Steenburgen.

lwaxana troi

What did Odo's"Cardassian neck trick" look like anyway? I've got an image in my head but it's not very amusing.

beardless riker

Dukat ofc

I want to make it perfectly clear that I find Gates to be a beautiful woman, a talented performer and Crusher to be a more than adequate character, they just never gave her anything interesting to do.

>it's a comfy Sisko and Jake episode

Did Cirroc get paid for the 102 episodes where he's credited as a main cast member but doesn't appear in?

>founding member of the federation
>totally absent for TNG/DS9/VOY

why can't andorians get no respect?

What a shit character arc Jake-O had. Especially compared to his childhood friend. He just becomes a wetblanket and pisses everyone off. Heh I'm a writer, heh

The writers didn't want to repeat the mistakes of Wesley.

His war journalist episode was incredible fuck you.

They worked in Journey to Babel because they were a Trek take on the notion of a Martian with antennae. Enterprise really helped reboot them (Tellarites too)

The Orville begins in 2 minutes on FOX or goatd net

Really sorry to interrupt your comfy /trek/ thread.. I'll go now. Live long and prosper!

Shouldn't this have numbers on it so we know which one we're going to jerk off to?

Sorry for the delay

Genetically enhanced super-slut doesn't sound like such a bad deal

jerk off to all of them, weakling
very nice

Beautiful.

They did a pretty good job hiding Riker's fat except for this ep where Frakes didn't suck in his gut to distinguish Will from Thomas

if crusher were Data and Brent Spiner were the happy go lucky probably insane but geniusly talented ship doctor it would really work out.

but there would be more doctor eps and less data eps and it would be cool if the doctor were a clone or something and the other clone brothers were stolen by romulans or borg or ferengi because they all had the same med skill and I know Spiner likes playing multiple roles in the same scene and he's not bad at it.

Just a thought.

END OF THE LINE, DIVATOX

why don't they just go everywhere at warp 9.9999?

why have doors when you can just beam every where?

Isn't being the hottest bitch in the universe enough?

They never gave any of the women on TNG anything interesting to do.
The writers apparently thought so.

true, they really don't take full advantage of their tech

I'm watching it for the first time. The acting is fucking horrendous.

wtf was Fox thinking with these actors?

going that fast stresses the engines and uses up fuel much, much faster

it's like saying, "why didn't kirk sprint everywhere instead of lightly jogging across the CBS sets?"

I kinda liked in the TNG movies how Troi acted like Picard's diplomatic executive assistant, which was foreshadowed in Future Imperfect (fat dad riker waifu kino and other words that confuse me)

Your waifu: now with a Touch of Grey

Get on my level

FINAL FORM

Why is this rock formation so common throughout the galaxy? Is it a sign from the Preservers?

So make the Bussard collectors bigger.

Kirk was NBC, not CBS.

Dude, just modulate the shields, lmao.

Star Trek shows and movies shoot on the Paramount lot.

Paramount Television studios were network-agnostic. Star Trek TOS was shot on the Desilu lot for the NBC network.

Beware of false Trexperts.

I like how The Host starts out.
>the crew welcomes an ambassador onto the ship to help him carry on a mission
>Crusher falls in love with him and they begin a secret relationship
>Skip all of that and start with Crusher making out with the dude

Look at this silver fox.

Live long and go fuck yourself.

How does this contradict anything that I said?

That's great, he's playing Ra's Al Ghul's accountant

The Culver City facilities were not a part of the NBC lot, and neither was Desilu's Gower Street studio that merged with Paramount, and that was the old RKO Pictures studio.

I never said that they were part of the NBC lot. What's wrong with you?

NBC's studios are in Burbank.

How does this contradict anything that I said?

Star Trek TOS was shot on the Desilu lot for the NBC network.

How is it 2017 and I'm somehow arguing with some dumb shit who thinks that TOS aired on CBS?

Who would win in a fight between Worf and Blanka?

No weapons, Blanka due to superior grappling skills
With weapons, Blanka because fuck Worf

He was still running across the CBS lot, regardless of what network it aired on

Game Blanka > TNG Worf, Movie Worf
DS9 Worf > Game Blanka
TNG Movie Worf > Movie Blanka

Worf got his ass kicked by a barrel. Blanka destroys barrels with ease every day.

False.

Viacom didn't purchase Paramount until 1994, and Viacom didn't purchase CBS until 2000.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_corporate_history

>Tomahawk Buster!

If you want to go that route, because NBC never owned the Desilu lot. Otherwise, I specifically was calling it the Paramount lot, and Trek itself was owned by Paramount since 1967.