Whelan x Orford REDUX edition

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzZOL_IDaQM
youtube.com/watch?v=IDHLZW5R68A
dailymotion.com/video/x5kcl9t
youtube.com/watch?v=r0Xx_hoZ1Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=u98hMjIyqIU
allsaints.com/men/knitwear/allsaints-mode-merino-zip-hoody/?colour=5&category=10#
strawpoll.me/14248568
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jodie's theme. youtube.com/watch?v=ZzZOL_IDaQM

we need more /who/ edits of garfield strips

Kris Marshall's theme. youtube.com/watch?v=IDHLZW5R68A

What purpose do they serve?

dailymotion.com/video/x5kcl9t

5:50 for Jodie with RP accent. Thoughts?

Will we EVER get another Doctor as based as the Holy Trinity of Troughton/Pertwee/T. Baker again? I'm beginning to lose hope.

b l a n d

#
I'm two episodes in, user. Honestly I never thought someone could make a Dalek companion work so well and cause me to have feels; but congrats to them for pulling that off.

Thus far the time war box is everything I hoped the war set was going to be. Does it get even better?

Why no Hartnell you pleb

The original 4 are bloody brilliant.

But you haven't thought of it this way:
RP accent=Tom Baker's accent=Perfection

it's okay

So glad this was spoiled for me /s

That's Tom's natural accent, and it suits him.

Jodie doesn't really suit a RP accent IMO. Her Yorkshire twang is a cute quirk, and sets her apart.

It wouldn't be a trinity with four, you fucking illiterate innumerate

well yes, thanks for the insult. But Hartnell is as good as those 3, if not better than one of them.

So am I to understand that this McGann Time War box set is actually good?

you're very fucking welcome

>big finish
>time war
>john dorney
>good
KEK

holy shit, I didn't expect this to be as good as it is: youtube.com/watch?v=r0Xx_hoZ1Ec (esp 4:10)

What's your opinion on father's day?
I've heard that some people think that this episode is "an example of soap writing in RTD's era".
I disagree and I think that this episode is brilliant.

One of the best pieces of Dr Who. Good character stuff, a nice amount of sci-fi, and a great use of 45mins.

It's an early prototype of characterkino

It's decent enough.

>mrw someone says father's day is bad

>it took us until his last episode for us to reach peak Capaldi hair floofiness
Fucking why

It actually is! It's engaging, there're some lovely character moments, they actually do some timey-wimey stuff in the first episode and it works very well. It's exactly the kind of thing you'd want from a boxset that deals explicitly with a war that effects time. There's also an episode that (warning legit spoiler, but not for anything particularly important) has the doctor forcefully conscripted into the Time War, and has a lovely scene where he starts a foodfight in the cafeteria

Character arc, m8

As much as I love floofpaldi, it kind of works really well considering his hair was at its shortest in Deep Breath.

Is there a Time->Floof chart?

Don't you mean c-hair-acter arc?

It is. Its experimental for the first time since The Edas season 4

Why does he have to leave?

Cos he's shit

It's a physically demanding role and he doesn't believe he can go another straight year without sacrificing quality.

If he's shit to you then who's good?

But he was great in series 10 and I'll miss him and it's not fair

Meant to reply to

Don't be sad that it's over. Be happy that you had it.

Okay, so I haven't been on /who/ in a while, but I know we know who the new companions are. What is everyone's opinions?

My god his hair was short

I am going to edit every single Series 8 episode frame by frame to give him Twice Upon a Time hair.

WALSH

How does he reverse age?

He doesn't, he actually ages forwards, but thanks to some weird crap I don't know about, he just becomes prettier. It's like a reverse curse.

Miss me with that Benjamin Button shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=u98hMjIyqIU

I doubt it was entirely his decision. In recent interviews he almost sounds like he's in denial about leaving.

looks like someone else is in denial mate you

LEAKED SERIES 11 TITLE SEQUENCE SCREENCAP

Just boxers on Bradley Walsh, eh? A bold look, but I like it

Holy fuck the Time War box set is pretty good so far.

'Still bits to do'?

I assume he means ADR, right? Since his hair is now back short?

I work for the BBC, and I’ve got some details I thought you guys might like to hear for Series 11 of Doctor Who.

>First episode is set in Manchester, and will feature monsters who hide inside mirrors.
>Updated logo is similar to the new “Doctor Who Universe” line of merchandise, similar to the classic logo but all on one line
>Cybermen are back in a medieval episode.
>Kris Marshall is NOT in Series 11 in any form contrary to what rumours have been spread.
>Occult themes will be highly present within the series and Jodie will wear a pentagram necklace.
>Finale has two parts, but due to the time travel aspect of the show, the events of both episodes happen at the same time and focus on different sides of the story.
>For the first time, we will see the TARDIS interior change as it actually happens in Jodie’s first episode.
>Episode 8 will not feature the Doctor, instead focusing on the companions when the Doctor goes missing.
>Ryan, played by Tosin Cole, will play a pivotal role by being the first Time Lord companion in the revived edition of the show, disguised as a human in 21st century Earth.
>In Episode 8, Graham dies - the finale focuses on the Doctor and how she reacts to this.
>No Daleks in this series whatsoever, including cameos. Chibnall hates them.
>Ongoing stories show that the episodes all follow on from each other directly, with the exception of the last episode as it is set at the same time as Episode 9.

I like that 13 is getting a full TARDIS team right off the bat.

yfw
TIME WAR
is already pirated

>mfw whenever these posts come with a BBC logo attached as if that somehow makes an adequate substitute for timestamped proof

also not the first post from this IP

>mario is an italian plumber
>zero chest hair

So amazing, I'm hype

>Manchester
>Yorkshire Doctor's first episode is in Lancashire
Obvious bait.

Reminder that coyotes

did a dumb thing

Can you undo it?

read the first letter of every greentext line

Oh neat.

I know.

Holy shit, that got me

Tossin' Cole would be horrible casting as a Time Lord. I can see it happening.

fuck offerino

THE FRENCHMAN

post your favorite 12 costume

Red velvet. Always.

dubs and capaldi sings in the christmas special

Anyone have the whoodie? Because I don't have a picture of him wearing the whoodie.

I think this one is probably my favourite, but I do love them all.

>whoodie
good shit

who is erino?

allsaints.com/men/knitwear/allsaints-mode-merino-zip-hoody/?colour=5&category=10#

This is the actual hoodie!

>tfw he only wore the shark shirt for a tiny scene

was GOAT

Dubs and the Christmas special is awful and series 11 is somehow worse.

Not even close kek

Love all the sophisticated formal ones, hate all the slobby hoodie ones. They got worse as they went along, more or less.

The whoodie was such a nice addition. I loved the velvet and whoodie combo they had going in S10.

I legitimately love the spotty shirt, although I think I prefer . Maybe have a spotty/hoodie combo.

>inb4 I make a twelfth doctor dressup game allowing you to have every combination of stuff he's worn because of my extensive costume knowledge

One of those stories that really shows how much series 1 feels like season 26 (a big part of why I love S1)

I really like this jacket.

I have just received some really distressing news - anyone with a reliable source or anything - if they can confirm whether they've heard anything like this - please reply to this with confirmation/denial, etc.

The same person who told me about the new set of companions, 10 episodes, etc the day before they were announced has told me the following:

Autumn 2018. Spring 2020. Autumn 2022,
(August 2018, April 2020, October 2022, 60th Anniversary Special)

Apparently, as part of plans, Chibnall will have 18 months between series of Doctor Who, with a new Doctor each series, thus meaning Jodie and any one-series Doctor which follows her in this formula, will be shorter then Christopher Eccleston's tenure as The Doctor.

"Told you. Prepare for a turn over of Doctors. Next one will be of colour."

I am genuinely hoping this isn't the case, I want Jodie to reign the normal 3 years, with an annual series every year. The only way I would be fine if this is, is if we got feature-length specials between the series hiatuses, if true, I honestly don't know how this is going to benefit Doctor Who in the slightest, the only similar rumoured occurrence to date were the Tilda Swinton S10 2016 plans. And even then, they were set in place to stop a break in production between 2015/16.

It would fit with Chibnall's five-year plan, and he is supposedly signed up for only three series.

What do you think about it?

tfw genuinely can't tell if you're baiting or literally that new

my favorite too

smile is underrated, the ending wasn't great but the rest was characterkino

I remember people saying the same shit about Capaldi. That he was only going to be around for Series 8.

Who da 14th be?
strawpoll.me/14248568

Leslie Jones

Holy shit, you don't even deserve a trip considering you don't even know the most popular /who/ meme.

This.

What if Capaldi is the Valeyard?

Did they make robots to play the emojibots or did they armor up midgets and/or dwarfkind?

>Favorite Doctor
>Least Favorite Doctor
>Somewhere in the middle Doctor

Post yours so I can laugh at your good taste.

is this the new tardis?

>Favorite Doctor
>Least Favorite Doctor

They're all good though.

>Favourite Doctor
>Least Favourite Doctor