Does any other show take constant jabs at itself while not even attempting to improve?

Does any other show take constant jabs at itself while not even attempting to improve?

>"Improvement is for dickheads!" - Teen Titans Go

The show lives on trolling everyone else. It's making jabs at other shows and their fans.

And I think it's done pretty well. The hate used to be over NOT MUH but now it's over the oversaturation of it being played on CN.

>trolling
more like "irony"

>And I think it's done pretty well
Its not. The hate for it is both the oversaturation and terrible, almost offensive quality of the show compared to the shows it references.

The Simpsons and Family Guy are both more than eager to point out how shitty they've become, yet neither put any effort into fixing the extremely obvious problems they have.

I think TTGo actually just makes fun of the people that can't let go of the past and hate go blindly because it's not catered specifically to them

it's alright for kids shows to exist

to be honest i actually like these jokes.
i don't get how anybody can be offended by this kind of shit.

>Steven Universe "rofl crying breakfast friends"
>But let's still overuse crying and tears

I can hate it on it's own merits and I'm fine with kid's shows like WBB and Clarence.

That's the thing, most people actually have let go of it at this point from what I've seen and most discussion of TTGo in general has died, but there's still plenty of episodes coming from TTGo that at least poke at that now dead horse, if not make an entire episode about it, again.

Good for you. Doesn't stop the dozens of other fans who hate it solely because "NOT MUH!"

Oh, by the way. New episode today

Phineas and Ferb did it constantly.
>Look at us, our formula is constant with almost no variation... So, let's keep that going.
A lot of show-makers seem to be under the impression that if you calling attention to and make fun of your shortcomings is how you solve them.

But P&F is a show that revolves around the status quo, that's the entire gimmick and that's where a lot of the humor comes from. The appeal was wondering just how they're going do things different, Groundhog Day style.

Nobody with any coherent opinion ever hatedd it just because "This isn't the original Teen Titans" more "This is claiming to be the original Teen Titans, but makes no effort, in the slightest, to try and do what that show did well, regardless of the fact that they have the talent, budget and option to do so."

The kicker was that episode where they actually made a classic Teen Titans episode, not that one where they just abridged an old episode, that was just Nth-level trolling. 40% 40% 20% was an actually enjoyable episode and proved that these guys could actually make a good series if they wanted to, make something that is aesthetically pleasing, something with action... But they don't want to, so fuck you.

And we can keep calling you autistic because you are autistic

There are at least one or two anons in this thread who haven't let it go

No they haven't. There's more than people on Sup Forums. All of YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, and Tumblr cannot let it go.

Never understimate the power of an autist

Don't get me wrong, I dodn't think P&F was even remotely as bad as TTG. I didn't like it, because it wasn't for me. TTG is just... Hateful. It's so full of malice at the smarks. They keep on doing episodes simply dedicated to trying to piss off the smarks, and they aren't even good episodes. The kicker is that shows like the Powerpuff Girls (classic) and Dexters Laboratory were actually good at that, making those episodes into fun, likable episodes that stand by their own merrits, as well as having these messages of "Fuck you, haters" as subtext. Hell, i'd say that even Family Guy and recent Simpsons have actually done that somewhat well. But these episodes from TTG have only served to convince me that these asshats are nothing more than Youtube commentors with a budget.

>And I think it's done pretty well.

And I think you're a retard

>The hate used to be over NOT MUH

The hate was because the show is moronic.

>And we can keep calling you autistic because you are autistic

Projecting much?

So if someone doesn't like something, they're an autist?

I always people were joking when they say SU has too much crying and singing.

That's pretty entitled
Why do you think it needs to improve at all?
Kids love it and kids watch it and that's enough for them

Imagine if they made a new Batman show with the original voices that bashed BTAS fans.

Kids love Gumball and it's better than TTG in mostly every way.
Being a kid's show doesn't mean you can't try.

It doesn't do well because if the trolling, it does well because the target audience is 5-12 year olds who will watch literally anything with bright colors and fart jokes. It's a spastic shitfest, and little kids get off on that.

Yeah no, family Guy doesn't acknowledge it's poor quality
They act passive aggressive and do shit like having Peter address the audience and say I'm sure internet people will complain about this

What I don't get is why they feel the need to call out their critics anymore.
They've got all of CN under their thumb, their loved by kids, they get great ratings; if they're calling out their critics, doesn't that mean the writers care?

Doesn't mean you have to
Plus you would hate it if it tried to go on any direction but the original one
I honestly wouldn't have minded as much the nu PPG if it wasn't because it's riding the original show so much, I didn't mind anime ppg even tho it was bad

>Plus you would hate it if it tried to go on any direction but the original one
Why do you automatically assume I'm an OG TT fag?

>improve
What would you have them do exactly? It is a humor show. They can't stop on a dime and trade it in for action. They'd give the poor kids watching it whiplash.

Why is Sup Forums so against anything that's not a comedy cartoon?

So your answer is you would just change it completely? The kids who already love the show are getting what they want.

Are you kidding me? Sup Forums has an obsessive fixation with action cartoons because they're ostensibly more serious and therefore validate their interest in children's shows.

i never said that.
Although, every time TTG makes a reference to the old show, or how bad TTG is, the so called fans get all butt hurt over it, when clearly the show is acknowledging that the old show exist, even to the point of saying that the old show is far better than TTG.
But Nooooooooo, the fans take that as an insult.

It was just a question in general dum dum.
Although I doubt children would be against an action oriented show.

>There was literally a thread complaining about lore based cartoons taking over the west.
>Comedy cartoons outnumber plot cartoons by a big ass margin.

Remember that time they taught you about property investment, equity, and avoiding and identifying a pyramid scheme?

Megan's XLR was an action show and it had plenty of humor. The original TT and Justice League Action balance humor with action.
Sup Forums cares about cartoons being good, not just serious.

TTG has been running an awful long time to just suddenly dump the old setup for action.

The original TMNT cartoon was comedy based until it's final season where it became serious.
Of corse by then TMNT had fallen out of favor for Power Rangers but it's not impossible.

That must be why Loud House is so popular

This. It's bad because it's bad.
However, fans refuse to listen to any of the other arguments because it puts a kink in their narrative about why people dislike it.

As you can see from the replies to your post, there is still a bunch of butthurt crying.

The show is hilarious, has some good songs, and is consistently amusing.

Sure it is 'stupid'. But so is the comedy in Regular Show, Adventure Time, Spongebob, and pretty much any other show you would see people claim to love on this board.

Yes...and for "other" reasons.

None of those shows ever stooped to calling it's critics out either.

Have you been defending TTG this whole thread? The other posts are starting to look familiar.

Nope, I literally just got here.

You'll just have to accept that multiple people like ttg.

Shockingly I know other people like TTG.

Like I said, it was looking familiar.

The songs are the main thing the staff has going for them. And that equity episode.