This is just....wrong. Everything about this is weird. Spider-Man doesn't feel like Spider-Man anymore...

This is just....wrong. Everything about this is weird. Spider-Man doesn't feel like Spider-Man anymore, doesn't even act remotely like him. What the fuck is Marvel doing with this character?

I stopped reading a little before secret wars

DonĀ“t know. For me it loose a lot of attractiveness after marvel sold his marriage to the devil.
I have read some of his stories after (spider island, spider universe, superior, etc. etc.) and never felt the same. Not my spidey.

It gets godawful after Secret Wars IV. If you thought post-OMD Peter was bad then you haven't seen just how bad CEO-Peter can get. He has a space ship now, comments about how street level crime is below him now, acts more irresponsible than ever, and is completely fine with people dying without any explanation or arc explaining why, it just sorta happens.

Omd happened to make him more relateable....

They're intentionally destroying the charcter and having Miles act more like Peter than Peter, so no one will complain when they kill Peter and replace him with Miles. Same thing they did making Nick Fury Sr. morally compromised so no one would mind his son replacing him, and same thing they did to try to make Cyclops and the X-Men look bad and Inhumans look good since Disney doesn't have the rights to muties.

I know, and they completely shit the bed.

And sadly, I believe this. It's obvious they're setting up to put Miles in the MCU, and Marvel knows just how large Peter's fanbase is. They're probably trying to shift them over in hopes the Miles movie does well.

the mini called "spiral" that conway wrote was better than anything written since the strazinski/ jr jr run

Yeah, because it actually had Peter doing street level stuff.

>IV
There was a third one?

There is nothing relateable about selling your marriage and child to Satan save your aunt.

Yeah, but it was a secret

To be fair, not all of brand new day was crap. I enjoyed a bunch of stuff from the gauntlet like the Rhino story, and New Ways to Die was pretty enjoyable, but yeah, ever since Superior started, ASM has been doing a nosedive. Volume 3 and 4 are actual garbage.

Maybe not to you, it makes perfect sense for marvel.

>a story where literally satan won and got away with it

I still can't believe they did that. And it cut ASM sales in half. Really makes you think.

Being morally compromised was part of what Fury Fury...

Superior was the only good part of slotts run

This. Though sadly it isn't going to work no matter how much Bendis throws a tantrum
>Obvious they're setting up Miles in the MCU
How? It's less likely since Pete stole one of his supporting characters and his age. Not only that, but this is a rare case where normies being a good thing. Casuals don't give a flying fuck about Miles, and his animated movie isn't going to change minds

Superior was never good

>It's obvious they're setting up to put Miles in the MCU
This doesn't work for a couple of reasons

1. The fact that they started with Peter at all. They could have started with Miles in the first place but they didn't, this leads into
2. Nobody knows who the fuck Miles is. He doesn't have the notoriety and popularity that Peter has. It's why FemThor is never gonna happen.
3. Tom Holland. He's the youngest Spidey because Marvel intends on getting a fair amount of mileage out of him. I'd say a decade, or at least as long as RDJ has been Tony. Tom is their golden boy for the future MCU.

Fantastic Four had Secret Wars III, it was just one issue, but it still counts.

>What the fuck is Marvel doing
You could say this about any book they've put out in the last 5 years or something.

Really? Are you complaining about that after an uncountable number of shit threw on Spider-man in almost 2 decades?

At this point, I just stopped to care. By now, i learned two things how Marvel looks to Spider-man:

1. He can't NEVER be consistently happy or satisfied by long term;
2. Everything good or bad he does will backfire to him spectacularly later.

Everything takes him back to whinning, complaining and self-pity soon or later. You will have your Spider-man back to struggling to pay his rent in an year or two, just enjoy while he can, at least, pay his own coffee.

I don't know, man. Whenever a character has a movie Marvel shills hard in the comics. Just look at Carol and the Inhumans. Miles seems to be getting the same treatment. Also, the animated movie seems to be trying to test audience's reaction to Miles.

Spider-man died in 2007.
We've been seeing a cheap spider-clone ever since.

>You will have your Spider-man back to struggling to pay his rent in an year or two, just enjoy while he can, at least, pay his own coffee.

i'm liking how we've gone from "Oh why does he always have to be an unemployed loser" bitching to this bitching

I'm not opposed to be Peter being well off financially, but making him a trillionare is pants on head retarded.

>This is the Clone Conpsiracy finale.

You say that like there's no in between.

In spite of my hatred towards current Spider titles, I'm tempted to storytime Slott's spider arc from his beginnings in Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 wherein he becomes a memeber of Horizon Labs. Progresses to Superior, then back to Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2, then to Spider-Verse, then to Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 and Clone Conspiracy.

Storytime of pain?

I'd think of it more was a Masochism Thread. I still derive some enjoyment from these comics even if I don't particularly think they're well written.

I realize Slott is the only thing keeping peter alive in the marvel universe, because bendis would just kill him off at the first chance he gets to replace him for miles. But this shit should just end. Peter is not peter parker anymore, he is irresponsible, he bails out of his own life problems first chance he gets, he doesn't even fight bad guys anymore (the bad guys in the marvel universe are now the heroes). He is not the character we used to love and feel for, now he changed and became a fucktard.
what the fuck is he even doing right now? is there a villain in his books? i stopped reading after i read superior which was just painful and horrible.

> is there a villain in his books?

But of course! Only the top notch classic Spider-Man villains appear after Secret War IV, like Scorpio, Regent, and Ben fucking Reilly.

You got that mixed up. Slott did Volumes 3 and 4, not 2 and 3.

I think the next arc is stormin norman, but I refuse to hope for the best

why not just put peter out of his misery?

Because he's not beyond saving, far from it, all this is from just one writer who refuses to leave the book. It is literally just one fat ass writer who has been doing the absolute worse job.

I had an idea about a spiderman arc a while back.

Just hear me out:

So basically ever since one more day, Peter has been an unignorably uncomfortable false feeling character, I mean there's been stuff that came after that was good and entertaining or arguably just as bad as omd, but the bottom line is it kind of stems from the fact that Peter sold his soul to fucking basically satan that has soured the character.

On top of that theres the fact that Peter really hasn't been a heroic character in a while and has kind of lost himself, he's not the same old friendly neighborhood spidey and if anything has kind of regressed as a character and as a person from when he was a teenager.

So how about an arc that actually addresses that? An arc where Peter realizes he's all sorts of rotten all he fucked up in a lot of places, and he goes on a quest of redemption and rediscovery of who he is? Maybe it starts off mundane enough, with some young hero that looks up to him seeing the reality and calling him out on it, and it getting to him. Maybe he gets in a bit of a stupor and a rut and doesn't know what to do with himself anymore, he's been at it so long bUT got complacent, and all the little things over the years add up and he almost has an "I quit spiderjob" moment again

But then he remembers, something in his regretful mind clicks, something in his very spider soul guides him, and he remembers mephisto, and he remembers what he did.

Then he realizes he cant run away from this, not this time. He has to pull up his pants and be a spider MAN and set things right.

He packs his shit, all his costumes, all his webbings, all his everything, and goes to talk to Dr strange.

He doesn't know what he wants, but he knows what he's going to do.

Hes going to go to hell and set things right.

Should I continue? I got a whole plot here and it's not like I'm ever gonna use it for anything else.

I mean the Original Sin thing where he was revealed to be a cosmic assassin and playing judge jury and executioner with what he deemed to be cosmic threats. Not that that's so terrible but they were trying to make it look terrible, like they did with Cyke resisting the Inhumans fart cloud. They want people to dislike the characters so they can dispose of them.

This is basically Joe Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool book, but with more of Peter getting shot in the face constantly.

Well, I had this idea.

Peter selling his soul basically makes him a damned soul who's going to hell, right?

Isn't there a marvel character whose origin was going out and fucking wrecking punished souks who broke their agreements or didn't pay their dues to mephisto, or tried to get out of it?

And in a way, isn't Peter remembering he's going to hell and trying to do something about it breach contract?

So, with a bit of tweaking given the different ghostrider histories, if spidey tries to do what he does, wouldn't it make sense for ghostrider to be on his ass and try to wreck his shit?

So that's the crux of it, spiderman being pursued by ghostrider in hell on a wild chase to mephisto.

Maybe ghostrider gets some of spidey's enemies to help stop him, maybe he gets the symbiotes? And maybe venom fills out their character arc and finally reconciles with Peter and helps them to mephisto at their expense?

Maybe Dr strance needs more souls in search of redemption to help Peter go to hell, so maybe Peter has to team up with old enemies or friends who'be been just as lost as him. Maybe they can be a bunch of the animal themed characters that have been a motiff throughout the years? Maybe they can call themselves the concrete jungle hunters and go through hell slowly helping the denizens there and finding redemption in their own personal hells?

And maybe at the end, Peter sees he can't get out of it, and he has to pay his dues, but Dr strange steps in and makes a deal to at least act like peter's parole officer of sorts? And through devilish trickery, maybe Peter brings back something that left this world too early. Maybe he doesn't bring back his marriage, but he brings back the result of that marriage that could have been. Maybe he brings back mayday and go from there.

And then spiderman was spawn

The whole thing reminds me of a story me and my friend were thinking up.

It'd start with some story where Aunt May finally dies. Not from some villain or something, just old age. Right before she dies Peter decides to privately reveal his identity to her and she finally remembers everything. It's all very nice and right before she takes her last breath, she says something like "But Peter, where's your wife, Mary Jane?" and then says she loves him.

This shocks Peter and causes him to remember everything. The original deal with Mephisto that MJ whispered to him was that if he undid the marriage and saved Aunt May, he would leave Peter alone until the end of his days. But with Aunt May finally being dead, and Peter having been killed in Spidey/Deadpool, the deal is complete. And then Mephisto steals MJ away so he can't even try to get back with her, and Peter has to go seek help from Dr. Strange, Doom, and even cash in a favor from Loki to go to hell and go rescue her.