>only ate chocolate and drank milk
>kept hundreds of piss bottles and tissue boxes around his room
>sperged out at everyone around him
>didn't shower or cut his nails/hair for months at a time
Was Howard Hughes /ourguy/?

Give me replies to my Aviator thread you plebs

sneed

>Was Howard Hughes /ourguy/?

No. He did that stuff after he made millions and fucked his way through Hollywood. Sup Forums did that stuff out of high school.

I feel like he would have browsed where he alive.

K. This is easily the shittiest movie by Scorsese I've seen and Leo's acting has never been worse outside of The Great Gatsby. So there's your reply. I'm also saging.

Sorry for your shit taste user

No need to be, as I have great taste. I understand not realizing how unsatisfying the pointless the movie is, for one thing, lacking a proper conclusion, but if you can look at Leo's performance and not think it's hammy as fuck, even for him, then the one with the shit taste is you.

*tips fedora*

he was /ourguy/ but in a different time period
he was ahead of his time
a proto-Sup Forumsbro
i also enjoyed The Aviator so I am giving you a reply.

Because only fedora tippers consider Leo a bad actor, right? He's had been doing this for years where he overacted the fuck our of each part because he wanted that part in that very movie to earn him an Oscar. Eventually, it worked for him, but you basically just fell for Leo this time around. I don't know what to tell you. I thought he did a great job in Wolf of Wall Street, so maybe I fell for it then.

It's impossible for me to watch any DiCaprio movie and actually detach DiCaprio's character from the actor. He's horrible for biopics.

>Buys a hotel across the street from him just to move its advertising sign and give him a better view of the city
>Doesn't complete his bomber until two years after the war- the original Lockheed Martin work ethic

Loved this man.

The bit in F for Fake that he got was better than this entire fucking movie

of course

>original Lockheed Martin work ethic

Its a pretty good movie, user. One of my favorites

So, do you just ignore Leo's bad acting, or do you actually consider it good?

THE WAY OF THE FUTURE
THE WAY OF THE FUTURE
THE WAY OF THE FUTURE
THE WAY OF THE FUTURE

Leo isn't a bad actor
you're just a bad audience member

>watches kino and acts it out with immersed autism
>satisfies all needs in a single room
>first grill he sees out of neet retirement he asks to marry

was there ever any doubt?

What a cool chair. I loved the production design on this but I hated the stupid filters they used throughout. Does anyone know why?

>Reclusive billionaire Howard Hughes, who had experience both as a movie producer and a defense contractor for the United States, is said to have watched a private print of Ice Station Zebra 150 times on a continuous loop in his private hotel suite during the years prior to his death.[11] In his 2013 autobiography My Way, singer Paul Anka writes that Hughes kept a permanent penthouse at the Desert Inn hotel in Las Vegas and owned a local TV station. "We knew when Hughes was in town," Anka wrote. "You'd get back to your room, turn on the TV at 2 a.m. and the movie 'Ice Station Zebra' would be playing. At 5 a.m., it would start all over again. It was on almost every night. Hughes loved that movie."
Legit autism. Just watched the film and it's not even something you'd enjoy rewatching.

K, so you're one of the retards who can't see Leo for his near completely inability to give a subtle performance. I'm sorry if you fell for the meme that he actually has good acting ability, or that he's so good looking, but he's a legitimately mediocre actor. He gets points for being so handsome, but he's otherwise just awful.

Howard Hughes wasn't exactly a figure known for his "subtlety", your opinions of Leo's acting here reek of bias. Sounds like you're just mad he's so highly regarded.

I saw a bit of myself in howard, I think the movie nailed his character type. I wish I could find my own Katherine Hepburn, howard's biggest mistake was neglecting her desu

He had OCD/schizophrenia. You're not like that and know nothing what it's like most likely.

Oh, so should I compare how Leo acted with Hughes? To me, that's a stupid standard, because most audience members wouldn't know that comparison, and you shouldn't get a bad performances out of someone just so the few people who knew about Hughes would appreciate it. In any case, I compared what footage exists of Hughes Congressional testimony to Leo's portrayal of that same scene, and Leo doesn't even come close to matching Hughes mannerisms. Just because somebody was eccentric in real life doesn't mean you can ham it up and that's what's sufficient for a good performance. Leo's portrayal of Gatsby actually makes sense, as the character is supposed to be somebody who's pretending and constantly putting on a character and engaging in affectation. Unfortunately, he overdoes it to the point of absurdity, making it his worst performance. I would say it befits a shitty movie as The Great Gatsby (201X), but the movie wasn't so bad, it deserved a performance like that.
>Sounds like you're just mad he's so highly regarded.
Not really. I thought he did a decent job in The Departed, (when did he didn't make every role he played in every movie his own form of Oscar bait), and a pretty good job in The Wolf of Wall Street. But the Diamond Movie, ass, Inception, ass, Great Gatsby, worse than the black plague, and then this movie, which actually got hammy performances from a few of the actors, but he was the worst.

Howard Hughes was a larger than life character, Leo played him larger than life, and I thought his acting fit the bill. If anything it sounds like you don't like Scorsese's direction of him.

Autism filters.

I dislike the direction, and also Leo's performance. I can't remember if I disliked all the performances, but I know I dlsliked the performance of the Hepburn character. Again, if I watched the film recently, I could tell if it was bad direction or just bad acting, but Leo's bad acting is consistent with usual standard, so I think it was mostly Leo's failure, rather than Scorsese's. Or whatever, as it doesn't matter. The acting was hammy, not realistic, even compared to how Hughes actually acted, and the ending was unsatisfying.

Earlier portions of the film use a limited color palette to match the look of films of that era. Later scenes have the oversaturated look of technicolor.

The ending was wholly unsatisfying, agree with you there.