Why no movie made yet?

Why no movie made yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1037220/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is no trend for cyberpunk at the moment.

all Gibson should be turned into film, maybe animated??

Johnny Mnemonic already exists, bro.

I WOULD RATHER PEOPLE FOCUS ON MAKING ORIGINAL CREATIONS INSTEAD OF ADAPTING SHITTY PROPERTIES TO APPEAL TO BRAND-LOYALTY FAGGOTS LIKE YOU, OP. DELETE THIS SHITTY FUCKING THREAD OR I'M GOING TO KILL YOU. I'M NOT KIDDING AROUND.

Only because no media exists to fill the need.

This, but now that 2049 came out, expect tons of cyberpunk knockoff shit real soon. Hollywood always finds something that works and then runs it into the ground at record speeds

this.

jonny mnemonic was the cheaper mexican equivilant of neuromancer

But Blade Runner was a massive failure. Cyberpunk will be seen as box office poison for at least another decade.

>Blade Runner was a massive failure

You need to stop getting your news from Sup Forums, my friend.

Johnny Mnemonic was based on a short story. it's in Burning Chrome.

the AI didn't explode at the end, so american audiences won't get it. also, no car chases.

Neuromancer is an original creation.

An adaptation of Neuromancer, which is what this thread is asking about, wouldn't be an original creation, retard. It boggles my bottles that after a decade of shitty reboots, remakes, sequels and prequels there are still retards who want more. Delete yourself, fag.

Works like Neuromancer have already had their DNA dispersed, disseminated into tons of other works that followed.

Names, style, ideas, concepts, etc etc.

As for films, between The Matrix, Lawnmower Man, Strange Days, Ghost in the Shell, Minority Report....pop culture has already mined it.

To even imagine Neuromancer done up "right" would require one foot in a retro-future that most execs/producers probably wouldn't get behind. Even if BR 2049 managed to go there.

imdb.com/title/tt1037220/

They try to do it for like 7 years. Director of Deadpool shall do the job now.

OP isn't asking about a reboot, remake, sequel or prequel sperglord. It's about a possible film rendition of a literary classic.

>ghost in the shell
>bladerunner
>cyberpunk game

I can't believe you're this fucking stupid. An adaptation is not an original creation, and adapting Neuromancer is no different from capeshit. Neuromancer is also not a "literary classic," you genreshit loving brainlet.

It's concepts have already been stolen so heavily that it'd be impossible to make without feeling derivative
It needed to be made in the 4-5 year following it's release, and had that happened it might have been regarded in the same way that Blade Runner is now. Instead it's just some book that nerds bring up when they wanna talk about "real" cyberpunk

>A return of ~$196 Million on a reported budget of $150 Million
>In an age when any capeshit movie makes 3 times that amount, guaranteed, while also serving as an advertisement for the next one
>Not a failure
From a financial point of view, there's no way to look at BR2049 as being anything other than a disappointment in the current climate, which is unfortunate since it's the first genre fiction blockbuster to feel like a real film in a long time

already have matrix

gits is actually post-cyberpunk

Plus Ready Player One is being done now as well. That covers even more stuff that wasn't cribbed by previous films.

The only thing that I don't think has been done yet (at least not well enough to be memorable) are razorgirls. Logan probably killed any chance of that happening now though.

DirectorNicolasWindingRefnProducerDelToroandKojimaplzplzplzplzplzplzplz