Do you think heroes should be criticized and punished for using methods which some might considered unethical and...

Do you think heroes should be criticized and punished for using methods which some might considered unethical and outright unlawful?

Batman would never allow it. He worships and fear meta-human heroes. He fancies himself their keeper and punisher. In Batman's mind because they hold great power they should naturally hold themselves to a higher code.

I don't think I could stand to be morally lectured to by a guy without a shirt on.

What's the context? Some kind of machine that took ten minutes off his life because he was being a dick?

Doctor Light raped a JL's members wife and founded out all their secret identities. He threatened to expose them. JL decided to lobotomize him via mindrape because fuck Doctor Light. Batman was against it so they mindraped Batman too because fuck you too Batman.

Your not allowed to magically alter someone's memories. You need to brutally cripple them and dangle them off a rooftop while threatening to drop them to their death if they don't do what you want, that's the humane way.

Batman is right and they just justified all his plans to take on them.

You either do this shit with all the villians and defend it, or you don't.

It pretty much means you only care about your morals when you don't care about strangers, but if something happens to you you say "fuck it" and give it a final solution.

eithergo Authority ALL the time or Never, you can't choose when it's right.

Either be a hero Like batman and superman and take the hard route or try to do justice always as you can as apollo and midnighter.

The "i will always do this this time or if MY loveones suffered" is bullshit.

>Either be a hero Like batman and superman and take the hard route or try to do justice always as you can as apollo and midnighter.

Superman knew about the mindwipe after the fact and kept his mouth shut.

And that was out ofcharacter, Emperor joker lie was finetho

Identity Crisis was awful and should not be discussed with any degree of gravity.

Dumb ass shit that batman did
>defend joker in court
>kill robin to stop him from killing joker
>constantly makes plans to defeat his own teammates, which REGULARLY gets stolen from him
>give harley quinn pills that gave her superman strength AFTER she nuked metropolis

I dont care what sort of debate you're trying to start, I'm taking the side that doesnt have batman in it

How is erasing someone's memories in order to make the less of a threat worse than beating someone to an inch of their life and leaving the unconscious severely injured villain alone before authorities arrive?

>kill robin to stop him from killing joker

What?

Hell they wiped the villains minds on several occasions when one of them learns a heroes secret identity.

Batman may not be happy but he knew it was necessary

it was when they decided to lobotomize dr light that he objected.
after all this was a lot further than giving the villain the standard brain fart

One is a fight where the best man won. The other is a rape where the villain couldn't even put up a fight.

It was the first time they had done it and Batman never thought it was necessary or even OK. He fought against it and was wiped in the process.

>it was when they decided to lobotomize dr light that he objected.

You are wasting your time, this is a batman hate thread รง,by an irrational butthurt guy

The guy is insanely mad at batman being more popular than his fave character.

>batfag defense force hard at work

>It was the first time they had done it
Lobotomy? Sure
Memories? No
>and Batman never thought it was necessary or even OK.
He hated the lobotomy and they attacked him.Proving that they were not to be trust.

It was the first time they had erased memories also, pre-CoIE JLA issues notwithstanding.

>everything that user said is fine because batman is the most popular character in DC
Is this what I'm supposed to take away from your post?

Or that the post was obviously bait. But you are the same guy

Because they're all out of context.

Batman searched for proof to exonerate the Joker, because he was being convicted for a crime he didn't do. Sure, the Joker would be sentenced, but then the real killer would get away with his crimes. Batman wasn't happy about the moral dilemma he found himself in.

Batman made a vow never to kill and Jason was forcing Batman to kill the Joker or he'd kill Batman. Jason could've killed the Joker at any time, but he didn't. He wanted to see Batman do it so he'd vindicated and loved by Batman.

Batman made plans to incapacitate his friends because they FUCKING MIDNWIPED HIS ASS. Sure, he couldn't remember what they had done with him but he had a nasty feeling that they couldn't be fully trusted with their powers for some odd reason he couldn't place his finger on.

INJUSTICE is fucking stupid. Even then he gave Harley Quinn a chance to do some good because he was in desperate need of support and because she seemed genuinely sorry for her part in Joker's atrocities. That whole bit was about Batman awful comprises to win the war.

Eh. They already operate outside the law and that's the point. The law can't keep up with them or the people they fight against.

So it's hard to argue they should adhere perfectly to some sort of authority when none exist in the first place. All they can do is their individual best and hope it's enough.

In this case both are right. And Batman shouldn't be angry about the mindwipe (as he's done far worse in his time) but rather the betrayal. That's the actual problem.

Pretty sure Martian Manhunter had already established varying degrees of telepathic and memory control by then. And used them.

He named injustice, he knows its bullshit

How the group would decide to handle Dr. Light is irrelevant, and frankly a red-herring, to the story.

The actual crux of the story is there were some members of the league that went rogue to do something they clearly knew would not be approved of by the other members. Instead trying to change their minds they acted in secrecy. Worse, when discovered, they attacked their own.

The treatment of Dr. Light doesn't matter. He was a villain and was intended to harm others without remorse or signs of stopping. Mind-wiping or indefinite detention are both valid solutions.

The problem is a select few of the team secretly betrayed and attacked the others, harming them. That's why Hawkman's side is wrong.

That and they acted in anger and not for the greater good.

To be fair, Batman would never agree with it and he'd do everything in his power to stop them, which he did.

Yes, it is fair. As I said: dealing with Dr. Light is the side-issue. And Batman would be in his rights to stop them, even if to err on the side of caution.

But it's clear the few who decided to do this were okay with harming whoever they wanted to exact their revenge. Which is why Batman is correct here.

Its only fine if Batman was the one who thought of the idea

Hawkman is right

If you have to hide from Batman, the worst of all of them, because of something you're doing... you're probably fucking up.

Maybe they just couldnt find him

He is batman, after all

This.

You either do this shit with all the villians and defend it, or you don't.

>It pretty much means you only care about your morals when you don't care about strangers, but if something happens to you you say "fuck it" and give it a final solution.

kek

stop quoting your own retarded bullshit as proof, Batfag

they've brainfarted people before and Batman didn't care, Identity Crisis was just out of character. He's no one's moral superior

The thing about Batman is that he doesn't consider himself to be a real hero, nor does he believe himself to be important to the world at large or mattering in the big scheme of things. In his mind he's just a normal guy trying everything he can and can't to protect the people of his city and, maybe, outside of it.

Heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and so on, though? Them in Batman's opinion are the real paragons. The ones the entire world depends and look up to. They're the ones that make the real difference in the wold and the future.

So Batman will always place them on a pedestal and expect nothing but the utmost of them. If Batman takes what he does seriously to the point of obsession, he's that much harder on them.

That's why in Batman's opinion he can break laws and do amoral shit. Because he doesn't matter. If he's caught doing it, whatever, people already expect the worse from him. That's his projected image. The ones who can't do that type of shit under any circumstances are people like Superman and Wonder Woman. They should remain always pure and right. They can't afford to break the rules. Their power and influence is just too great. They can't lose themselves. They're the epitome. Beings others are expected to look up to and emulate.

So every time Superman or the Justice League pull some shady shit Batman pretty much shit his pants. He overblow things out of proportion.

>he thinks there's just one

>they've brainfarted people before and Batman didn't care

Give us one example.

Ironically he ends up being the moral hardliner.

That's why Batman and Hal never got along. Batman never liked how casual and carefree Hal was despite owning one of the biggest weapons in the universe and being the appointed protector of the entire sector of their galaxy. Batman always thought Hal didn't took his responsibility with the seriousness it deserves.

Hal almost killing the universe didnt help either

A few times, actually.

why is batman such a huge fucking faggot holy shit

Why doesn't Superman just kill Dr. Light?

Wonder Woman asked that.

Why didn't she just snap his neck?

Or Superman snap his neck?

Or both at the same time?

Why didn't they just rape Dr. Light?

She didn't knew about what had happened. Superman confessed to her with Batman in the room. He, of course, kept the bit about Batman being mind-raped. He just said that a friend of them happened to have suffered the same fate as Dr. Light for going against what was happening. She was disgusted about them lobotomizing Dr. Light and hurting a friend. She asked why Dr. Light wasn't just killed.

They should have just did this and televised it. I bet all rapes on Earth would plummet to zero.

LOL So Superman lied to his face, too. No fucking wonder Batman made his secret plans.

Superman wasn't there during the moment, but i think Barry or someone told him what had gone down. That Dr. Light had invaded the Watchtower and raped Sue, that they had fought him and decided to not only mind-wipe his memories but lobotomize him because he had vowed to hurt each of their loved ones, that Batman had shown up to stop them and had to be mindwiped as well. Superman took all that in and decided to keep his mouth shut.

So yup, Superman knew all along about what the team had done to Batman.

Batman should just mindwipe all of them. Eye for an eye and all that.

He'd never have the guts. The one who mindwiped him was Zatanna, after all. One of his best and oldest friends.

They didn't even stopped there. Dr. Light back then was a member of the Secret Society of Super-Villains, so just to be sure the JLA went and mindwiped the whole team of villains. Changing little things about their personalities as they saw fit.

Heck, Catwoman, who was a member of the team, had her personality rewritten by Zatanna to be more heroic. That was Zatanna's way of alleviating her guilt for what she had done to Batman.

Leave it to a woman to go full tilt and fix everything by MAKING IT FUCKING WORSE.

And that was complete bullshit that ruined all of them.

I just checked the Wikipedia page for the series cause I wanted to verify something and holy shit that page is a fucking mess.

It's almost beautiful how fucking terrible it is.

jeez did Bendis ghost write this

batman's a fuck nut

No complaining there. Dude has issues.

And then Batman goes and build Brother Eye which eventually went rogue and started kidnapping and experimenting on innocent civilians.

Let's revisit the drama.

this.
They are basically gods, they should't do shit like that.

Couldn't Doctor Light just manipulate Green Lantern's light constructs?

I thought the point of the Identity Crisis was to show that heroes shouldn't compromise their code of justice/honor when it personally affects them, noone force them to be a hero I guess with the exception to the Dick and Jason its their burden to bear plus their not gods, who are they to erase the personality of someone? Plus in other news I heard new52 Dr light is a good guy and married Female Dr light, that true?

>I can take care of myself.
No you can't, this is Doctor Light, not whatever D and C listing street leveler you fight every night.

>They are basically gods, they should't do shit like that.
Don't Gods from every pantheon do shit like this and worse.

Here's the thing about stuffs like that. Once you do it and manage to get away with it, what's stopping you from do it again? Specially when you can lie to yourself by saying that it's for the greater good?

One the mind-rape train start there's no stopping it.

Superman always knew. I'll get to this eventually.

>He'd never have the guts
Principles, you mean? Batman has a gus to fight among Gods. This man has no fear.

No, he means guts.

Now we go over the "Batman" issue.

A line that I like from bvs was when bruce says "This may be the only thing I do that matters".
He knows that someday, he's going to die in a alley and nothing of his heroics days on gotham are going to matter, but there, helping the justice league save the world, that's a good dead.

there's a difference between guts and arrogance. Guts requires that you understand your limits so that you can challenge yourself and move past them. Batman doesn't have an ounce of humility in him.

Depends on if there's a legal precedent for say, brainwashing.

was Dr light so strong that you had 8 league members to restrain him? I mean Hawkman can bench planes

He was powerful as fuck. That's why the JLA decided to turn him into a retard.

Nice, my ants were lookin' for this page.

Well, it's because in BvS all his "heroism" in Gotham didn't actually matter. He isn't a hero, just insane man in bat costume.
As people said previously in this thread - these people with powers should be higher than fucking mind-wiping and Batman should be as well. Or should they mind-wipe every rapist? Maybe killers too? Robbers will be okay too I guess.
Justice for all. And and let no one gets neglected!

The final was so sad. Poor Ralph

they turned him into a retard because he was going to go public with identities

No. There is a reason why people hate this story. The league were treated like chumps. Especially against Deathstroke who I want to add was a Teen Titans villain at the time.

Even in his first appearance against the Titans he barely got away due to being human. It's stupid.

>Dr. Light
>Not a D-Lister

at least he went out on a high note in 52

Dunno what happened. Sorry.