Did you ever feel bad for Buddy? Even a little?

Did you ever feel bad for Buddy? Even a little?

All the way until he grew up. That chin just wouldn't stop growing holy shit...

He invented stuff, therefore Supers are fascists. #OccupySupers

Of course i felt bad for him. He was literally a crazier look at myself

You're one sad boy.

I mean, it's a shame that his childhood hero was kind of a dick to him. But the kid could have sold his inventions, improved the world, and gotten rich while doing so, instead of opting for mass murder.

Skewed priorities.

A Little. Bob shouldnt have turned him down so harshly.
But he shouldnt have carried that grudge so far.

Yeah, he could have been smug about how rich and famous he got while the Supers were forgotten about, but once he started killing people, sympathy flew out the window.

Not really. He murdered a bunch of superheroes just so he could pretend to be one, all because his idol wouldn't let him tag along on his heroic duties as a kid. Even when he was Incrediboy I don't think he really cared about helping people, he just wanted to live out his fantasy of being a big shot superhero who people would praise unconditionally. Buddy was obviously some kind of psychopath.

No. He has free will. He could have easily not been a cunt because someone was slightly kind of mean to him after he annoyed them at length

Not since I heard that he's a Scientologist.

He may now be rich and have a smoking hot secretary, though.

Yes, even as he was a villain. The supers should have had some sort of Boy Scouts like thing for young supers/inventors. With some guidance, he would have been the greatest hero of them all by the time he grew up.

Very much so.

Mr. Incredible was clearly a celebrity with little idea of how to actually interact with normal people. Had he met Buddy after being a father, he probably could have steered him into at the most being a fellow hero, at the least someone in the hero community like Edna.

That being said, origins of evil don't justify the evil committed.

>He may now be rich and have a smoking hot secretary, though
That's only something Mr.Incredible would say.

To be fair, he was rich and intended to sell his inventions and improve the world. He just wanted to carry out his mass murder before doing all that.

Yes. He kinda reminds me of my sister if she were a genius inventor instead of a self-declared genius with nothing to her name but 3 kids with a man who no longer even lives with her. She has bipolar disorder with delusions of grandeur. Had she been a few notches smarter a fem-Buddy would have been the result.
I miss the sister I had when I was little before she became a bitch who rants at everyone

The "getting rich" as well as "improving the world" was secondary to his plot of normalizing supers, though. That's still pretty askew.

No more than what one would feel for a fan being rejected by their idol.

Doesn't excuse what he did, though.

But he was already rich. He even states that he became rich by inventing and selling weapons. He just kept the best toys for himself.

He implies it was all a means to an end though. He didn't just get rich to live in luxury.

Bob was calm with him at first. But then Buddy jumped into danger he shouldn't have and played a part in the incident that resulted in super's getting their asses sued off.

His patience was gone.

Pretty much this. Bob was well within his rights to be angry and to show it. Buddy should have felt sad, but he also should have gotten over it with time.

Buddy clearly had some form of mental disorder. He could not let slights go and probably originally wanted to be a sidekick to Mr Incredible so he could quickly rise above the likely criticism from other kids.

Yeah, but his ends were becoming the only super hero left.
He specifically mentions he only plans to sell his best stuff once he "gets old and had his fun"

Also only for the purpose of intentionally destabilizing the world.
Like passing nukes out among every country and militia.

Buddy was clearly a prodigy. It's a shame Mr. Incredible inadvertently planted an evil seed in him.

If not Bob, than someone else might have. Someone with that much spite boiling up inside is a timebomb. All someone like Buddy is waiting for is someone to blame.

And on his wedding night, too.

Can't argue with that. His narcissism and propensity for holding grudges was just too strong.

Well the first lawsuit wasn't Buddy's fault since that guy tried to kill himself before Buddy showed up.

But then again if the train crash Buddy caused hadn't occurred maybe that guy's lawsuit would've been a blip in Super history instead of spiraling into a series of mass lawsuits.

The same could be said of Edna Mode though.

Dynaguy used gadgets.

Who did Edna hold a grudge against?

When she set her mind against something, it was usually in everyone's best interest. The capes thing was not just because it was some kind of fashion faux pas.

The difference is Buddy was a capitalist, and Dynaguy was a Randian.

I thought she got a backstory in the comics about a rival or something? I can't remember now.

Nah. Edna was just passionate about her work and knew she was great at what she did. If that's narcissism it certainly wasn't the malevolent kind. Also I don't remember her holding any grudges but it's been a long time since I've seen the movie.

He wasn't a prodigy, he was PLOT TWIST A SUPER, that was one of the jokes of the movie.

No, the nigger needs thicker skin. Too many people get offended these days

Not at all. He was clearly in it for the glory from the get go, and he murder dozens of heroes when they were at they're most insecure and vulnerable, and some of the people seem like upstanding people.
Fuck Buddy.

>A Little. Bob shouldnt have turned him down so harshly.
It was implied that Bob was gentle with him for ages, but he wasn't getting the hint. Some people are like that- there is no good way to do it, either you let them down gently and they don't get the hint or you let them down hard and they freak out, with no middle ground.