Men films

Holy mother of Man-Kino. Why the FUCK didn't any of you GOONS tell me about this? Also, manliest films thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tItxr8cY8Gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Easily the best

Fucking good start mananon, let's try to go on.

Thief goes well with these three. Also Taxi Driver.

You've heard of Michael Mann before, right? You have probably known of him for years, right? So why didn't you look up his early movies, you fucking retard. Are we going to have idiots in 8 years when Tarantino comes out with a new movie and people will look back at Reservoir Dogs and make this thread?

Kill yourself. But 'Thief' rocks, it's a true moving picture. Beautifully shot.

(I stand alone, by Gaspar Noé)

I've only got into films properly for the last few months

>that Hoag longslide 1911
sex

Milano Calibro 9 is absolute mankino. Also Eurocrime is a very manly genre.

Remake of pic related.

New World is the best gook gangster kino

The end o fourtana sequence is pure kino

Unironically Transformers 1. Explosions, cars, robots, whore female lead all for the chad demographic

Mann was probably one of the first directors with zero military service to get firearm handling right in his movies.

being obvious here I know but who knows for the youngfags here who think pop flicks were always disneys for numales

do you have the webm of Caan entering the room and it does a soft focus on the barrel.
made me hard desu

There go my nipples again

Most recent manly kino I can think of (all the roasties are spot on in this one).

THE

This movie fails the Bechdel test beautifully

>best opening scene ever
>dat unscripted shotgun clearing
>Galil .308
>1911 shootout
>other manly shit I forgot about

anyone posted Master & Commander yet?
true fraternal bond film

Who molested you?

fuck i love this film, on Sup Forums recommendation! me and my gf watch we both loved it
she got mad cause i need to take a slash and had pause it

kino thread, these are some of my favorites
sometimes I wonder though, if I love these manly movies so much because I was raised by a single mother? did any of you here grow up the same? not that it really matters
picrel is also fucking fine, i tear up every time at the ending. it's essentially: White Man's Burden: The Movie.
THE SON OF GOD GOES FORTH TO WAR

I'll bump the thread some more because we rarely have a thread to discuss these movies
I view picrel as a counterpart to Excalibur because that movie shows the majesty of the medieval fantasies, while this one shows the true ugliness of those times, warts and all
watch and compare them one after another

I saw this recently and it was damn good.

IMO the best WW2 movie
sometimes funny, sometimes surreal, sometimes shockingly real... this movie has it all. be sure to watch the re-edited version.
Fuller was perhaps the second manliest director ever (after Peckinpah, of course), and Lee Marvin is the essential manly man actor

I liked kangaroo hunting scenes in this movie

you also can't go wrong with Walter Hill
thrilling movie, with a mesmerising ending

The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea
Cross of Iron

GOAT soundtrack

the Hill is also essential mankino
the book is good, too

The Hill is such an underappreciated gem, just like most of Lumet's work besides the known classics.

I would recommend The Offence to you. it's also directed by Sidney Lumet and also stars Connery in the lead role. A brilliant dark character study, classic Lumet pulls 110% out of his actors and Connery shows his wide range which is underutilised in other movies.

The Hill was fucking awesome. I'm sorry for all those who didn't see it.

Husbands
Killing of a Chinese Bookie

>gooks
>men

LMAO

Lee Marvin was a Marine in WWII and used a revolver fitted with a silencer in The Killers

another thing about that reloading is he did it when he still had a round in the magazine
he didn't want to be left empty when he had to fire multiple shots and did it right away instead of wait

That was written by a woman, Leigh Brackett
Who co-wrote Howard Hawkes Big Sleep

>Also, manliest films thread.
/thread

>and introducing Shakira Caine

MGTOW done right

outside of the memeposters

There is some decent kino in this thread.

The Offence has been on my list for years actually, but I might watch it now, thanks
Lumet has such an interesting and varied filmography

Mann use to be all about the Man-Kino, Heat will never be fucking topped.

Also...

Training Day
Man on Fire
The Last Samurai

another obscure gem
from wikipedia
>The film was considered highly risqué for its time based on its violence and the hint of a homosexual relationship between two brothers. Its graphic depiction of female slavery includes a scene depicting naked young women in pens being auctioned like cattle. It is also noted for its depiction of the beef slaughtering process and for a chase scene involving a combine harvester in an open field.

a really cruel and unflinching movie

Lee Marvin was the manliest actor
his whole oeuvre represents manliness

this movie is aweeeeesome. thanks, pal

can't argue with that
William Holden was my other favorite manly actor

And this.

I'm OP and I've never laughed so hard at something in a movie as this. Delivery was fucking perfect

>making fun of a heartbreaking scene and speech

>GOAT soundtrack

Dis nigga knows.
youtube.com/watch?v=tItxr8cY8Gc

Nigger you didn't know about Michael motherfucking Mann? Everyone told you about Mann constantly.

What are you 14?

I'd add Ernest Borgnine to this category, though he played very different characters of course
also, is there a chart for manly movies, mostly from the pre-90s?
might make one later if the thread survives

This.

Fucking imbeciles shouldn't be allowed to post. I hate this board, it's exactly like being in a middle school classroom.

MUH NIGGA

I was about to post this.

Nope, I was rased by a shitty family, though.

This is great as well, gotta rewatch it.

Amazing movie. Friedkin is a certainty.

Yep.

>Manliest Actor

>Anyone other than Oliver Reed

Hell, the mans bio reads like the manliest fucking movie script that's ever been conceived.

>He died of a heart attack in a bar after downing three bottles of Captain Morgan's Jamaica rum, eight bottles of German beer, numerous doubles of Famous Grouse whiskey and Hennessy cognac, and beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling. His bar bill for that final lunch time totaled 270 Maltese lira, almost £450, about $594.72.

>Being stupid and reckless is manly.

That's a such a reddit, 'beards and bacon' idea of manliness.

Self sufficiency and resilience are true the essence of manliness.
See

t.betacuck

>beards and bacon

Confirmed for knowing nothing about the man.

The Jackass thread is over here childless one.

>Oliver Reed was reddit

you learn something new every day

They botched the ending

Cool, I hope you enjoy it.

get on my level

>That's a such a reddit, 'beards and bacon' idea of manliness.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Oliver Reed?

Seriously?

Get the fuck out.

>Confirmed for knowing nothing about the man.

He acted in movies and died like a fratboy

Huston is so underrated

>Proving anons point

LMFAO

This was the one with the alcoholism allucinations, right? Great scene, always wondered if The Lost Weekend was the inspiration.

My friend was crazy about this movie.

This is easily the best thread on Sup Forums.

>Fuller was perhaps the second manliest director ever (after Peckinpah, of course)
John Huston, Bob Aldrich, Walter Hill, Michael Mann, Jonnie To and John Woo are there with them.

Dayum, look at dem brown legs, I'd love to lick them all.

This and the scene in the car where he tell her he doesn't want no bullshit are top notch writing. Half autistic, half badass.

Yeah, this is considered the definitive adventure movie. I didn't like it that much, though.

>silenced revolver
wow that's fucking retarded.

I think all the butthurt responses you got were from a samefag

Some eurofag who drinks himself to sleep every night.

>Huston is so underrated
What? How? Everyone knows about Huston, how is he underrated?

Just because faggots on this board who think Blade Runner 2049 is the apex of cinema don't know about him it doesn't mean he's underrated.

wow

>silenced revolver

It's a thing, only retarded people think otherwise.

You guys should check out Hong Kong movies, specifically Johnnie To and John Woo movies.

Why are you triggered, retard?

>Soulless insects with cameras.
>Manly

kek.

azns are not manly, user. they're to us what we are to negroes.