Streaming

Back from the UK, now in Australia. in the uk i paid for 56mpbs, and would usually get 52-56mbps. Meant i could stream easily and quickly with no buffering. Even watched 1080 live sports through IPTV, very little buffering.

Moved back to Melbourne, pay for 17mbps, and get around 4-9mpbs. I live 6 blocks from the exchange and cant stream anything without heaps of buffering. WTF is going on guys.

Anybody on the 100mbs NBN. What suburb do you live in and what are you actual speeds

Other urls found in this thread:

comparebroadband.com.au/internet-providers/myrepublic-broadband/myrepublic-super-fast-nbn-broadband-only-id3401/?searchstate=783635474
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In Eastern suburbs melbourne, getting much better speed than expected. 98 and 94 at peak time tonight.

I'm a Sydney side, so new to Melbourne. Where is a good suburb to move to, in terms of bars, pubs and non-expensive restaurants, but also closer to the city and 100mbs nbn availability.

I was thinking Brunswick, or SouthBank

Fuck off we're full we don't need any of you pakis here.

i'm white aussie. was living in london for 6 years

Well those are hardly suburbs and are expensive as shit. If you're moving into a suburb with pubs and bars being your main concern i'm inclined to tell you to fuck off instead, we have enough poofs as it is.

of course, what else would be my main concern?

Melbourne is such a weird place. Its so unaustralian.

Yeah Queensland is the only true Aussie state left, we'll probably sucede from southern tyranny soon enough.

I live in fuck nowhere north qld and have 100mbit fibre and get an actual 90mbit out of it. Pretty good shit.

yeah i've heard good things. What is Brisbane like to live. Easy to get a job and easy to get around on public transport for work?

Where is that bulge from?

self portrait

>Australia

Not even once.

>I pay for ADSL2+ Speeds and get shit speed
What is your point?

your desert shit island is 3rd world. If you didn't know.

every countries infrastructure should be the same

fuck off globalist

do u have My Republic?

comparebroadband.com.au/internet-providers/myrepublic-broadband/myrepublic-super-fast-nbn-broadband-only-id3401/?searchstate=783635474

also it appears theres a nation wide fiber rollout taking place

but so far this is the best speed

theres also a 25/5 from MATE

also looks like Nextel also has a 25/5

if you can get atleast that you'll have more than enough to stream easily with atleast 2 computers at the same time

25/5 is still too slow.

I do alot of torrenting and am getting around 300k average download speeds on 17/5.

i am used to 6.5MB per second on torrents in the UK.

i am struggling hard here

>Queensland
>true Aussie state

State sport is rugby, and half the population is Kiwi

Only truly Australian states are SA and Tas, like it or not. WA too, probably.

>i do a lot of torrenting

well fuck u faggot, i hope your area never gets more than ASDL

you said you had some buffering while streaming, i offered you assistance

go fuck yourself

why would you be hostile to someone using torrents? lmao

also your "help" was fucking pointless, with the adsl system if he gets terrible speeds it's because hes either fucking far away, on an exchange that is oversold to fuck or living on terrible infrastructure. No ISP change will help.

He needs to change service systems entirely aka waiting for nbn that will never get there.

some autists have no idea about broadband comparison sites, told him there were atleast 2 providers with the 25/5 tier

then he still fucking complained because not of the original issue, of streaming and buffering, but then because he cant fucking torrent which saturates any fucking connection

which explains why his current connection is fucking buffering, also he probably has zero QoS set up

Maybe it's from living here my whole life but basically the city culture and I figure it's the same in sydney is the most pathetic thing i've ever seen. You really don't want to move to the city if you want an australian experience is what i'm saying.

How does /auspol/ justify voting for a party with a deliberately stifled NBN that was done to both spite the opposing party and make Murdoch happy?

i do both. torrent films, and streaming for tv.
both are shit

In Gippsland, just run.

what do you mean?

i have noticed if i am downloading streaming i am getting closer to the the max value as represented by the speed test,

while torrenting i do not.

This never occured in the UK. torrenting would always get max speed

yeah that would be perfect.

how does that translate to torrent/download speeds? 9meg/sec?

Have a think as to why that may be. Think about how torrents work

I get about the same and can do 10.5MB/s and 4.2MB/s

owo what's this