NEW YORK TIMES ELIMINATES GRAPHIC NOVEL BESTSELLER LIST!!!

NEW YORK TIMES ELIMINATES GRAPHIC NOVEL BESTSELLER LIST!!!

>The New York Times will eliminate a number of their print and online bestseller lists—including ones for graphic novels and manga. The change will take place starting Feb. 5.

>We will continue to cover all of these genres of books in our news coverage (in print and online),” said a New York Times spokesperson in a statement to EW.

>Readers will be notified that individual lists will no longer be compiled and updated by The New York Times on the relevant article pages.

>As a result graphic novel and manga sales will be included in general Fiction categories.

ew.com/books/2017/01/26/new-york-times-eliminates-graphic-novel-manga-bestsellers-lists/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PamelaPaulNYT/status/824715801404076033
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>As a result graphic novel and manga sales will be included in general Fiction categories

But what about non-fiction graphic novels?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>(((New York Times)))

Sup Sup Forums

>Every news-site except breitbart are (((jews))) (I really used that secret nazi-folk-only meme)

Oh noes, quirky comics are fucked.

Good, comic suck.

Fuck New Yorkers. Pretentious Nepotistic Fucks.

you sound like someone who couldn't make it in the city.

>911
Alright 9/11, we get it, you hate New York.

Why do people like you do that? Validating stupidity for teh sake of being the tough guy in a thread? It's not even about you being an insecure faggot, it's about validating that whole thing to happen and continue.

Makes sense, it's too easy to buy and read comics.

Caring about the Jew York Times
And nothing of value was lost, too bad there isn't some World Wide Web for me to look up that information... Oh wait...

You have a lot to learn about (((Andrew Breitbart))).

>The New York Times is owned by The New York Times Company. Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., the Publisher and the Chairman of the Board, is a member of the Ochs-Sulzberger family that has controlled the paper since 1896.

Son... You have no idea

Haha Yaaaaaas mine made the bestseller list this year. I may well be one of the final NYT graphic novels authors.

NYT are straight cucks dude

>NY hipsters will never know what to read from now on
Awwww.

The graphic novel list was a joke anyway.

congrats, if this is truthful, if not lying is a sin and youre going to hell, BUT congrats on the hope this is true

Dude, Sup Forums is right on that one. Every major news outlets is owned by Jews, now if you care or not about that fact is another discussion.

Isn't this a good thing? Isn't this like saying, "We consider comics/manga legitimate fiction, and they deserve to be included with everything else instead of shoved into their own separate "lesser" category?"

Comics/Manga will rarely sell enough to get high up on the list general list to get that exposure.

No. Now comics are competing with normal books. There are only so many spots on the list and most TPBs don't sell enough to make it. Less exposure for comics is bad for the comics industry.

no, it's pretty much what tradebait uses to justify their low floppy sales.

Well they are fake news, like all the other outlets. Hopefully Trump shuts them all down. He's the only source we need

I'm so happy Trump and the internet are here to provide us with the Alternate Facts.

>new York Times forced to cut jobs and size down after trump speeds up the death of their medium
Good

The fact that the NYT gave no clear reason for the change makes it more frustrating. It'd be really nice if western comics and cartoons as a medium could stop having problems everywhere, but we're a long way away from that.

You mean the truth? Don't trust the media, they're just as bad as the protestors trying to undermine the president and prevent him from doing his job. The protestors need to fuck off, go home, and let Trump do his job.
Hopefully he kills newspapers and TV News once and for all

mangas aren't much "fiction" as a genre as any other non historical story, so either they reduce the list to two, or they keep manga and novels.
That shit was made to remove the visibility of foreign culture in their line up, and that's it.

Is that really a bad thing? We need to put our needs and our culture first

> put our needs and our culture first

what the fuck does this even mean? hey OP, great thread, I love reading stealth Sup Forumsthreads.

You went a little overboard there, bruh. You ruined the joke.

It means emphasize the media America produced and focus on advertising and discussing that instead of dumb foreign shit nobody understands

What joke? I'm being serious. Newspapers and all other news outlets are propaganda trying to undermine the government. It all needs to go

And the protestors hate America. They're traitors trying to stop Trump from doing his job. They either need to be arrested or stopped from protesting at all

Last I checked the majority of discussion on Sup Forums was about American-produced comics and cartoons, so you're in the clear.

>We need to put our needs first

Yes, that's how literally every decent country operates.

>and our culture first

No, that's retarded.

Unless they're protesting abortion. In which case they are TRUE AMERICANS who respect the law right after we change it.

You are such a kid, Iris, holy shit.

good they compare Scott Snyder to Frank Miller their opinion should go in the

This. I don't know what the problem is, t's like making a distinction between live action and animated films.

>American-produced comics and cartoons
So, dumb American shit nobody understands?

Welcome to Trump's 'murica

Are you actually trying to defend the New wave of leftist puritans telling us our music is too violent, our games are too violent and everything needs to fill a quota or it's wrong?

No, stuff produced BY us, FOR us.
No, that's wrong. Protesting at all is wrong. You need to let the government do what it has to do. Whatever happens, happens
>No, that's retarded.
Do you want to lose our culture to foreigners?

This is a non-story.

twitter.com/PamelaPaulNYT/status/824715801404076033

I get why they had the list and it made sense to have it at the time. But what they seem to be pushing towards is more logical. Can't really learn about the trends shaping comics when the same 4 or 5 books tops the lists for years at a time. A more nuanced and in-depth look is welcome.

Are you from ten years ago?

I think that user is right, you're kind of going too far with the joke.

>New York Times
do normal people even read that thing? I thought this was an 1% kind of stuff and really ddin't know they had that list until now.

No, it's funny how things have come full circle eh?

Now instead of Angry republican baptists saying sex is wrong and video games are evil, it's feminists!

>I think that user is right, you're kind of going too far with the joke.
>If I don't understand it it must be a joke
Ok
It's pretentious propaganda garbage, like all newspapers ae

>stuff produced BY us, FOR us.
So, dumb American shit nobody understands?

>our culture
Only Native Americans have one.

>Now instead of Angry republican baptists saying sex is wrong and video games are evil, it's feminists!
They don't say that either for the most part though. I think you're hung up on some minor bullshit about Japanese imports getting censored which is pretty far from a mainstream issue.

Sure it's AN issue but it's not indicative of some widespread cultural phenomenon, it's pretty limited to "Ugh they changed the weird romance plotline with the love potion in Fire Emblem".

No, I understand it, it's just gotten too retarded to be funny. Dial it back a bit.

No, I'm hung up on feminists backing huge anti-Violence people like Anita in the same way we heard tons of shit about Jack thompson.

My big issue is instead of insulting the puritan Anita and laughing at her stupidity as she tries to tell us the same thing we heard before, people have cowed down to her and her way of thinking.

Comics are not a genre. I don't trust her to tell me about comics.

So really this screws over Congressman John Lewis, author of the nonfiction comic book March (formerly an NYT bestseller).

And John Lewis is on Donald Trump's personal enemies list.

Coincidence?

>No, I'm hung up on feminists backing huge anti-Violence people like Anita in the same way we heard tons of shit about Jack thompson.
rofl who gives a shit about Anita? Ever since she's said her bit at the UN without actually doing anything substantial there she's become a non-entity, I don't even see people shit on her anymore because of how irrelevant she is.

Maybe you should stop seeking out reasons to be pissed off about stupid internet people.

>Comics are not a genre. I don't trust her to tell me about comics.
What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe these feminists should stop seeking reasons to be pissed off about shit people like?

Also, SJW ruined Eclipse Phase.

She's calling comics a genre in her tweets.

This indicates a lack of knowledge about comics.

>this screws over Congressman John Lewis, author of the nonfiction comic book March (formerly an NYT bestseller).
>And John Lewis is on Donald Trump's personal enemies list.
Hmmm....

Everyone has a culture, but you won't recognize it if it's default. The US's is a melting pot.

That's wrong, style of comic places it into a genre even if comics share themes with other types of media like horror or non-fiction.

>Maybe these feminists should stop seeking reasons to be pissed off about shit people like?
Well I'm not talking to a whiny feminist right now, I'm talking to a whiny user who wants to act like a feminist but from the opposite stance.

I know it's not pertinent to the thread, but what's the deal with that small hat always hovering over his head?

Comics are a medium, not a genre.

What are you smoking?

>The US's is a melting pot.
That's my point. The USA has no culture of its own, so why talking about an US culture?

this thread has gone very Sup Forums very fast

She's not calling comics a genre. She's talking about genres normally associated with comics which are usually categorized as being "lesser" than literary fiction. That's why she added format because comics and graphic novels are a fundamentally different format than what most people think of when they think of literature.

She lumped both together because of expediency.

It does though, it has a distinct melting pot culture.

I did back in college.

There was a full page add for Crunchyroll in it one time.

>melting pot culture
Bullshit.

This

>genres normally associated with comics
Superheroes and nothing else? Everything else is normally associated with books, television, movies, etc too.

In the third tweet it's down to genre singular, and nothing about formats.

Everyone's influenced by someone else. Italians got tomatoes from South America. Manga/anime was influenced by Walt Disney.

But there is an Italian culture and there is a Japanese culture. USA has no culture of its own.

>The US's is a melting pot.
the melting pot myth has been disproved in the late 90's, grampa.

>an 1% kind of stuff
It's pretty baffling to see people still using that cringy concept, especially on Sup Forums, where people aren't supposed to be braind dead puppets.

aw

>so many US stereotypes unique to the US
That's a culture.

>I love reading stealth Sup Forumsthreads.
There's no such thing as apolitical media, even if you see it as consumable entertainment. books, games, music, everything will have a message. If it makes you angry, it's neither our or the medium's problem, it's you being immature and dramatically uneducated.

(((Jew York Times)))

go back to your corral, you might get lost

So you, much like a retard, don't believe that the billionaire class is destroying this country, and you consider other people to be brain dead puppets?

ITT: Sup Forums fuckers
Go back to your containment board or go kill yourselves. Both, preferably.

>Do you want to lose our culture to foreigners?
What culture?

Ironically wasn't the melting pot supposed to be a metaphor for assimilation into WASPy mainstream American culture that eventually evolved into people believing it was Pro-Multiculturalism?

>unique to the US
>tomatoes from South America

ha

Andrew Breitbart the sites founder founder literally was a jew
the thing is he was actually not just a ethnic jew but also a religious jew as well

that is the mayor point

most religious jews are pretty based that hate Muslims and sjws

the none religious jews however are the complete opposite that push every kind of sjw crap out there

all the graphic novel that I have ever bought all came out in the 80s and 90s

everything else since then has been sjw trash so I can see why they have become so insignificant that even the New York Times no longer covers them

That was Italy.

I'm just saying the easiest way to identify a country's culture is to think of the stereotypes unique to that country.

But one of the stereotypes is a hamburger, which is made of foreign origin materials.

Fake Jews make fake news.

that sums it up pretty nicely actually

Yes, and as mentioned, tomatoes come from South America but look at all those tomato-based recipes Italians came up with.

But that doesn't make tomatoes US culture.