I like arthouse films

>I like arthouse films

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pl9L1lMTj_I&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why tho?

You're right all films should be focus tested products

That's essentially what art house films are.

Literally a strawman

trolling is not allowed outside Sup Forums

What arthouse even mean? Its such a vauge term.

Ok. Tell me an art house film that isn't just a circle jerk of liberal college students?

Also a strawman

like slam poetry filmed and not enjoyable or well crafted

I don't know if you're trying to false flag art house fans or if these fags are really that retarded. I just asked for a movie that isn't shit.

>isn't just a circle jerk of liberal college students?
THIS SENTENCE IS LITERALLY GIBBERISH

What is it with you guys? All I asked is for a good movie suggestion because I genuinely want to be proven wrong.

It's Such a Beautiful Day

I don't see too many liberals who like Tree of Life.

I saw that one actually. It was really just a 7.5/10 desu.

that's a good score

i need views and reviews

youtube.com/watch?v=Pl9L1lMTj_I&t=1s

I was told on this board that liberals hate Spring Breakers because it's too much of a hard pill to swallow for them

The most distinct definition is film made for uncompromised artistic reasons rather than business or mixed ones. I think of it as "all arthouse films are indie films, not all indie films are arthouse films." I would also separate art films from arthouse films because there are plenty of art films that still required approval from businessmen or bureaucrats in order to be made, while arthouse films need no approval.

I thought no one liked that movie.
It is, but it really doesn't make me want to get into this subculture or want to give a round of applause for this guy's accomplishment.
That counts as an art house movie? If it is then art house movies haven't surpassed being strictly average at best.

I can't tell if you're trolling, but Tree of Life was widely loved. And I'm pretty sure Spring Breakers counts as art house, but I'm open to being proven wrong

Say what you will, Greasers Palace is a great film.

The best I've ever heard of it was that people who like these kinds of movies will like it, but they could all just be normans. As for Spring Breakers, I just thought it was an action drama about crazy teenagers.

>Spring Breakers
>action drama
Wew

Did you watch it or are you basing that on the trailers? Because I could see why you'd think that if you just saw the ads

Well isn't it accurate? A drama with elements of action. I don't know if you think I'm trying to belittle it by calling it an action drama, but that's how I'd describe some of my favorite academy award winning movies.

That's fair. It could be an action drama, but that doesn't stop it from being an arthouse film

Because there's one action scene in the movie, maybe?

t. didn't see the movie