Is anyone excited for Legion? It seems like it's going to be the equivalent of the Marvel Netflix shows

Is anyone excited for Legion? It seems like it's going to be the equivalent of the Marvel Netflix shows.

youtube.com/watch?v=EiCajjicGcA

If it does well, what other obscure or less popular characters from the X-Men brand do you want to get the same treatment on FX?

>It seems like it's going to be the equivalent of the Marvel Netflix shows.
Strong start, then episodes that solely exist to kill time and a weak finale?

>If it does well, what other obscure or less popular characters from the X-Men brand do you want to get the same treatment on FX?
Considering the development hell Gambit's been in I'm surprised Fox hasn't tried to go the TV route with the character. Mutant con-artist/thief on the road is probably a pretty safe setup for a TV show.

What's the track record for FX shows?

Uh always sunny for 12 Years, although at some point it got pushed to FXX.

Other than that I can't think of anything else besides American Horror story.

Why can't it be Legion of Super-Heroes?

The Americans, Fargo and Atlanta are pretty good.

Have been hearing good thing of Taboo as well.

You already got a cartoon and I think LoSH is too "wacky comic book" for TV to ever try it.

What even are Legion's powers?

>Is anyone excited for Legion?
No.

Of all the fucking characters to give a fucking TV show to, fucking why?

Also, Cloak and Dagger when?

Its much better than Marvel's shit

>shit taste the post

>Why can't it be Doom Patrol

>Always Sunny
>Justified
>The Americans
>Fargo
>Louie
>Archer
>The Shield
>Wilfred
>American Crime Story
>American Horror Story
>You're the Worst
>Baskets
>The Bridge
>Legit
>Sons of Anarchy
>The Strain (which is shit but some people seem to like it)
A few of those shows have had dud seasons, but FX in general has an insane batting average. Even more so than HBO.

He's literally just stupider Rogue but with weird hair.

Wait, I had that backwards.

A weirder Rogue but with stupid hair.

All I've watched recently was Fargo and it became one of my favorite shows of all time. Since Legion is made by the same guy that did Fargo, it should be pretty damn good.

Fargo is garbage, but Hawley's empty pseudo-intelligent hammy style might work better on a live action comic book show. God knows there still has yet to be a good one.

>Fargo is garbage
you're garbage

No, a show that rips off its entire visual aesthetic, dialogue, characters, plot points, and overall style from far superior source material while failing to understand what makes that source material work is garbage.

How is it a rip off if it's supposed to be a continuation of the source material?

It directly lifts nearly every creative detail from another body of work and not only doesn't add anything to it but says absolutely nothing at all.