Jungle

Has Sup Forums seen Jungle, with Harry Potter in the lead?

I just did and found it quite enjoyable.

The good:
>good pacing, 2 hours was a perfect runtime for it
>music was always fitting, what little there was set the tone nicely
>Daniel Radcliff is a solid actor, and even though he's hard-cast as Harry Potter, he is doing a very admirable job trying to break that
>great supporting cast all around

The bad:
>I've walked for several days straight, and there are no circumstances that can lead to your feet looking as fucked up as they did in this movie by walking
>yes, he's very very Jewish, we get it, the accent, the number on his father's arm, the book, yes, he's a Jew, we understand
>the ending was a little disappointing but when it's based on real events you can't expect Disney

7/10

Stop shilling this trash film.

I'm not shilling it. A 7/10 is hardly a must-see that you should drop everything in your life to catch. And I feel I provided adequate criticism to balance out my score.

The movie also had some unintentionally hilarious moments like pic related.

Ive already seen it. Its trash.

>Literally shilling a Netflix Harry Potter survival film

Fuck off.

>shilling

Does this term mean nothing anymore? I'm not trying to fucking sell you anything god dammit. How the hell are you suppose to spot the real shills if you can't tell them apart from threads of discussion?

I thought it was an okay movie with clear good and bad aspects and I was wondering what other's thought were. How the fuck am I suppose to step around this "shill" label if talking about anything you don't like is shilling?

Mate this is the 4th thread about the same fucking film in the last 2 hours. Its textbook viral marketing. Especially considering how fucking bad it is.

Fair enough, I was not aware this was as well-trodden ground. No need to reply to me and we'll both just let this one sink.

hippie garbage

I really liked it.
MFW the two guys that never made it out.

It was a weird little twist, wasn't it? It almost felt like the movie should have just ended without that information being dropped on us. Still, reality is shit and I guess there are no fairy tales.

that was genuinely terrifying. I wonder what happened to them. I feel like the fake jungleman murdered the Swedish dude for fun because he knew he could get away with it then went on the run again and is still out there

But really though, if you would just give it a chance you would probably enjoy it. That's all I have to say.

I think the guy was Swiss, but yeah, he totally raped/murdered him and just left him out there. Perhaps he even ate him? He sure didn't have a problem chowing down that monkey.

The entire movie made me wonder what monkeys taste like.

if he doesn't fight the predator I don't care

What the fuck happened to all that gold they were suppose to find? Wasn't that a huge part of why they went at all? Because Yossi (or whatever Radcliff's name was) lost it all in Vegas and saw free gold as a great way to earn some dosh?

They even fucking found gold in one scene but then just completely forgot about it the next. I know it was suppose to be "muh spirituality" and shit, but do these people not know how much gold is worth?

Radcliff found 3 small pieces in one attempt in the river. They could have been millionaires in a fucking week.

I prefer the original with Tim Allen

yeah it was pretty unrealistic for a Jew to find gold and not seem to care all that much

I think they point was that they were all such free-spirited hippies that the adventure was worth more to them than gold, or something. I don't fucking know, it didn't make sense to me either.

Even Potter talks about working on fishing boats and loading trucks as if it was something he didn't enjoy, and he wanted to print money in Las Vegas, but when free money literally sails right into his hands he's suddenly all about walking through the jungle. I'm just saying, take a week to load up, go back to civilization, make a killing, THEN try your suicidal walk through the middle of nowhere. You'd be surprised how much more people want to find you when you're worth a lot of money.

It has German Liam Neeson in it. He's not bad.

why cant this fucker get rid of his german accent, hes living in america for like 20 years REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

German is an insanely thick accent though.

it was alright, kinda boring

Probably got tired of him slowing him down and left him in the jungle and ran off to somewhere else.

Harry is a good boy and looks good in a beard. I will watch this movie.

>I've walked for several days straight, and there are no circumstances that can lead to your feet looking as fucked up as they did in this movie by walking

Have you walked with boots (which you definitely need) in a hot, wet jungle though? Your feet are constantly sweating, even when you're trying to dry your shoes and socks by a fire, it's still humid out and your feet can't completely dry.

Trench foot comes fast.

I did a few years of service in the Norwegian army and we walked for 8-9 hours a day through some pretty damp forests in the summer and yeah we did get pretty sweaty. That being said, the reason I made the claim was because we never got anywhere near the levels they show in the movie.

Hell the first guy (Marcus, was it? The Swiss school teacher?) managed to fuck up his feet pretty horribly after what, a few days? You'd think their guide would advise they take off their boots whenever they stopped for a breather to air out.

That being said, they didn't really look as if they were actually prepared for the long trek so maybe I'm being too harsh. I don't know, it just felt exaggerated for drama, but I've never hiked for 3 weeks through a jungle so I could just be downright wrong.

actually i like anything danny is in, so thanks for letting me know

>You'd think their guide would advise they take off their boots whenever they stopped for a breather to air out.
The guide didn't have their best interests in mind though, wasn't he some thief nutjob who was wanted? Getting their money, stealing whatever gold they'd find, and leaving them to die in the jungle