Any movies about authority figures who selfishly destroy conversations without communicating why...

Any movies about authority figures who selfishly destroy conversations without communicating why? Watching the House Cup in the first Harry Potter movie really made me wonder if everyone with who has the power to say what goes knows what they're doing and isn't just fucking around based on some petty annoyance they have.

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_subjects
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>really made me wonder if everyone with who has the power to say what goes knows

Fucking proofread your shit. Took me a good 5 attempts to decipher this.

The mods deleted a regular harry potter thread for no reason. I am concealing my complaint as another Harry Potter thread, and I am also drunk. That is my intent.

Seriously, this is reaching
>Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
levels of terrible diction. What the fuck do you mean and what do you want, OP? A HP thread? A list of movies about people in power doing things because they can?

Imagine being Dumbledore in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Slytherin, you fuckin' fine, all great students with your outstanding academic achievements. I would totally have a stimulating discussion with you during office hours, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck off out of Hogwarts and find another horcrux. Like seriously imagine having to be Dumbledore and not only stand at that podium while Draco Malfoy flaunts his disgusting antisocial behavior in front of you, the charm he cast barely concealing his malicious intentions and hatred for mudbloods, and just stand there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that spell. Not only having to tolerate his sloppy amateurish enunciation but his haughty attitude as everyone of his cronies tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, HOUSE SLYTHERIN LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his childish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. When you were that age you won the Barnabus Finkley Prize for Exceptional Spell-Casting, coming straight out of the boonies in England. You've never even seen a student butcher a spell this badly before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his knuckles as he grips his wand to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "superior (for that is what he calls himself)" prowess, the prowess he worked so hard for with personal tutors in the previous months. And then the class calls for another demonstration, and you know you could kill every single child in this room before McGonagall could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Dumbledore. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Yeah I was in that thread, looked away for five minutes, came back and it was gone. Why was it deleted? It was just regular discussion about a scene from the first movie so how does that break any rules? Unless someone posted some CP when I was away for those five minutes.

Yeah I don't get it. That got deleted but 15 fucking YAGSBARRO threads a day and they don't do shit about those.

Only possible explanation is that the moderators are gigantic faggots

I am honestly trying to be a normal person and not be such a paranoid fuck all the time, but I cannot help but wonder if the comical right-wing defense of Slytherin didn't trigger the mods to delete the thread. What the fuck? The mods are amongst us, could we get an explanation? I'm just curious because I want to know what's bannable and what isn't.

Prune =/= ban

It all depends on the individual moderator, perhaps this one just doesn't like Harry Potter and found some loophole in order to justify deleting the thread.

>The mods are amongst us, could we get an explanation? I'm just curious because I want to know what's bannable and what isn't.
The best thing to do is ignore it and basically not discuss it, since discussing banned threads and mods is off-topic, which could result in the deletion of this thread as well.

Let's strive to keep it Harry Potter related from now on. So on that note, which subject taught at Hogwarts would you most enjoy or excel in?

Where the FUCK is the pasta

What's going on guys

Nice.

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_subjects

Ghoul Studies sounds pretty legit. Arithmancy too since I'm a mathafg.

Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, HOWEVER, despite your best efforts, you are just unfortunate participants in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"BRRRAAAP!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

LOL at you taking the time to type this garbage out. Does the children's book trigger your delicate sensibilities, or is your reading comprehension not up to snuff to enjoy Harry Potter.

>Frog Choir
>Ghoul Studies
>Muggle Art
>Muggle Music

Jesus Christ. Why is the Harry Potter content outside the books such fanfiction tier bullshit?

I'll play along and keep it HP related: where the Harry Potter series is only FIGURATIVELY gay, in that it is very shallow and cloying, you are LITERALLY a gay faggot that loves sucking mod cock. Maybe I'm gay too, because if the mod really did delete a thread because he hates that series, I'd be behind him, buttramming his shit too. How can you be out of middle school/high school and still enjoy this crap? Serious question for anybody.

There really is a lot of stuff there not mentioned in the books or films that sounds boring as fuck.
I'd probably stick to Potions myself. Seems pretty easy if you just follow the instructions, and the effects they produce can be pretty cool. Doesn't require much natural skill either, you just need the ingredients and the instructions, it's basically like a cookbook.

>BRRRAAAP!

FUCK YOU user FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU YOU FUCKED IT UP REEE REEEEEEE

Ignoring the idiot shitposter, who could possibly just be the self-admittedly drunk OP, I say care of magical creatures would be my thing.

Hagrid wasn't the best teacher (the entire fourth year was just looking after those skrewts), but under a competent teacher who wasn't obsessed with dangerous monsters the subject would be super interesting especially if you're muggleborn and all these creatures are new to you. I would end up becoming some kinda wizard farmer with a huge land full of magical creatures that presumably give off oils and things I could sell for ingredients or wand cores

>atlas shrugged
>god tier
>brave new world
>low tier
>my new order and lord of the rings
>same tier as harry potter and fucking game of thrones
KILL YOURSELF
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F

>imagine having to be Dumbledore and not only stand at that podium while Draco Malfoy flaunts his disgusting antisocial behavior in front of you, the charm he cast barely concealing his malicious intentions and hatred for mudbloods, and just stand there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that spell.
I thought I understood where you were going but you lost me there, what charm, what spell?