Tony couldn't care less that almost his entire crew is gone

>Tony couldn't care less that almost his entire crew is gone
>Carmela returns to her life as a gold digger
>Meadow wants to be a lawyer and defend mobsters
>A.J wanted to join the military but he's talked out of it with a job at a low level movie production studio. Still a massive manchild

Were the Sopranos family truly awful people in the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_America_(The_Sopranos)#Interpretations_of_the_final_scene
youtube.com/watch?v=AYGNqUWcOCs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DON'T STOP

BELIEVIN'

if thats the deepest impression you got for any of these characters, youre a brainlet and probably think its worth arguing if tony died or not in the end

>in the end

>People still think that ending was left up to the viewer

brainlet detected

>in the end

they were shit people from the start and over the entire run of the show

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WHY DIDN'T THE LAST SCENE SHOW MEADOW THAT'S ALL I WANTED IN THE END AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I went from rewatching the Sopranos to immediately rewatching The Wire. I kind of feel bad, because during the Sopranos I kept thinking about how amazing it is and probably my favourite drama series, but now that I'm watching The Wire, it's undeniably better.

>not understanding that i was saying people who think the ending being left up to the viewer are brainlets
super brainlet

Yes

What movie studio was AJ employed at?

they were always The Sopranos. it's in their genes. that shit counts for something in this universe. carmela got 2+ injections, the kids are half, Janice is whole, her and Bobby's kid is half, that poor god damn kid.
glad I'm not a The Sopranos.

I love that scene so much. The show runners could have copped out and made it a total love fest at the end, with everyone smiling and happy up until Tony gets whacked, but that's never what the show was about. In the end it was about a family that has so much resentment and water under the bridge that they can barely sit at the same table and be civil to each other anymore. The actors all nailed the "can't stand being here" faces. The silence and subtle acting told the whole story.

What was Tony's end-game? Why did he destroy himself and everything around him in the 6th season?

You know, your father never had the makings of a varsity letterman.

Carmela was always a bad person. She knew what her husband did but was ok with it because he bought her nice things. Then she goes to the church and pretends that is enough to absolve her of her sins.

t. Moulinyan

I think he was really bored with life, just nothing registered deeper than he would let it. He couldn't truly enjoy friends, money, family, food, he just kept trying to complete himself with it and it wasn't working. Joe jerkoff with a whistle in his step is more content than him, and he has the world by the balls
so he tried to make life worth living, in a way. more vicious, more indulgent, try to feel new feelings but it's just not fucking working. instead of going the other way, being gentler or understanding he goes the easy way, but I don't think either would satisfy him, he is broken

>tfw no loving uncle

Oh fuck its that zip Furio back from Italia and he wants my wife!

lol wait till the end of the wire and rethink this statement

But she's also an extremely loving mother and she absolutely adores Tony (and not just because he buys her stuff).

>it's a season 1 Carmela is wearing a tight sweater episode

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

AYY TONY I HADDA PARK DA CAR ALL DA WAY OVER DER

First episode/last episode
she got really hot in season 2 and just got better. the other wives too

Monsignor Jughead is my favorite Archie

Medow and carmella almost ruined the whole thing

I don't think it was meant to be that user, it was legitimately a rare nice moment in Tony's life

Talk about projecting....

>Were the Sopranos family truly awful people in the end?
they were awful people from the start idiot

Hold on.

>Phil kills Vito for letting people cum inside him
>when Phil turns into a house, he literally lets people come inside him... literally
It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

The symbolicness of the symbolism is what gets me, when you become a structure your body IS your temple

What can you infer from "transferring cannolis". Is it drugs? Money? If you were the FBI agent who got a hold of this notepad, it would be useless, right?

No, faggot, the bathroom was at Tony's 5 o'clock. 3 o'clock is where the bar is, where that dude was sitting

Exactly. Tony didn't die. Yes there was the guy in the jacket, the sudden cut to black, the thing that Bobby Bacala said about death being sudden - but Tony didn't die. Or at least, we didn't see him dying. It's entirely possible that he survived, and that he died at some other time. Which is what David Chase has said - maybe Tony dies at some other time, but it doesn't really matter.

Here is the direct quote from him on that:
>There was nothing definite about what happened, but there was a clean trend on view—a definite sense of what Tony and Carmela's future looks like. Whether it happened that night or some other night doesn't matter.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_America_(The_Sopranos)#Interpretations_of_the_final_scene

Hold on.

When did Carmela gain the superpower to freeze time?

I had an epiphany while super drunk earlier
"Cold Cuts" means the cold, stupid fuck way they cut from Carm to the boys at the farm. It isn't the stupid fucking Tony (who lost all respect for that line) cold cuts with Melfi shit, it's a meta title.

no I know, the commentary director even says he doesn't know who did it in editing, or why. but come the fuck on

Wrong. "Cold Cuts" is plural, but that cut right there is only one singular cut. Plural is not singular, Quasimodo. The mystery continues.

>call that stunod out here
>no, richie, i can't do that
>let him pay me first, he's into me for ziti
>i'll be into you for linguinie if you just let me off, Richie. I'm good for it, I'm Rig-A-Tony, boss
The story of Richie Aprile being named successor from cancer Jackie Aprile

definitely useless. cannolis obviously meant money, but presenting this as evidence wouldn't work, hence the codeword cannolis

Just da muney

P, BELIEEEEVING, hold onto that feeeling

tell us about your girl in italy, you stole furio from her? you must have a better dick

they dropped the ball a couple of times

looks like my first airsoft gun

Why would you even go through the trouble of getting some goofy ass stealth pistol shit if you're going to shoot someone on an open street in broad daylight anyway?

I agree. it's not perfect, but the parts that are perfect make up for it
if someone knows 1% about guns, cars, gangs, or drugs? they're more knowledgeable than me and can point out the wrong parts. if your parent has a profession, you hear "oh that's unrealistic" throughout childhood media

Very avant-garde and daring, bravo Chase! Bravo!

No, this actually works because it's exactly the sort of death that Jackie deserved

where the fuck was vito hiding?

I think I understand what they were attempting in this scene; essentially that Jackie dies in such an understated, almost half-assed manner, completely the opposite of anything dramatic or theatrical, complete with fatass Vito waddling into the getaway car at barely above walking speed. It's so different than any "hit" you would see in a typical mafia show or movie.

oh yeah, he's a mosquito

>Wait until the best, most redemptive part of the worst season
What. The ending of The Wire is a fucking tour de force. You literally could not have picked a worse way to prove your point.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYGNqUWcOCs

Did Tony just wander onto the set of SNL? Do you think Tina Fey liked the DVD player?

you can have jackie die in a non-dramatic way without having the scene look like it was spliced together by a high school AV club

this really had verything
that slow down
that freeze frame
that wipe transition

fucking beautiful

They're both great in their own way user no need to put one over the other

UP IN THE CLUB

he did it in a black neighborhood. gun shots being heard is the normal.

That wasn't my question, I wonder why he bothered with getting some kind of compact designed stealth pistol instead of just making it easy on himself and getting a regular piece.

but
but i love them both, and hate people who prefer the wire. i can't stand them not understanding
but if they do understand my reasoning, and still dismiss it, preferring The Wire, i want to 9/11 them

I honestly think The Wire is a barely above average "woke" crime drama Tbh, not even comparable to Sopranos.

>WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT

>extremely loving (debatable) mother to her own kids is a very low bar for considering someone to be decent.

WHEN I WAS A CHILD
I HAD A FEVER

Top 10 Anime Betrayals

I know what you mean. I fucking love both shows, and I actually enjoy watching The Wire more, but I know The Sopranos is the better show. It's much more nuanced and isn't really didactic like The Wire can be

I read "Carmela" as "Creampie"

Was it the mussels or the Indian?

stay alive pls

>watching sopranos
>A FEMALE BOSS?!?!?!

I'm out

That's mulignan, you sub-verbal australopithecine

If I learned anything from The Wire, them using code is at least proof of a conspiracy.

bump

FUCK YOU SANTA

godfather reference probably

I've made .webms since Sup Forums introduced posting them, and I still can't god damn get subtitles to work. All sorts of different errors or timing issues, and the sopranos is especially finicky and doesn't like to work. so many of these things would work with subtitles. is there a way to add words to .webms after the fact, do you know?

>That webm

OOHHHHH

>Be staying at a BNB next to the great lakes
>Owner is a fucking asshole, blatantly lied to us about the accommodations
>Last episode of the Sopranos was airing that very night
>The guest media area was literally his personal TV room
>He couldn't watch it that night for some dumbass reason
>Got into argument with my family and extended family about how much of a sack of shit liar he was
>Got shitty at me because he felt safe trying to harass a fucking 15 yo
>Must have gotten scared I was going to cancel his recording of the episode because I was watching TV when it was airing
>Decide to watch it myself
>Laugh at the car head pop
>Enjoyed the episode despite never having seen Sopranos before
>Delete the recording
>Go to sleep.

Nope. I was the primary webm making for /got/ during season 1 and 2. And a little of 3. You need to edit the video in a movie maker like Adobe or Vegas. Then add in the subs through that as a layer. Compress it and then convert into a webm afterwards.

i'm a mahksman

I love the silly little Bobby as a Hitman storyline. And how Tony even busted his balls about the costumes.

Meadow should have shat on the onionrings, that's an ending worth remembering.

>UP IN THE CLUB

here are 3 versions of it and i don't know which is better as a reaction

where you chillin' for the summer, homie? my favorite musical choice in the series.

There was also the time he dressed as like a deliveryman and Tony busted his balls over that too

Carmela or Skylar? Which one is a bigger pos?

Carm was a worse person but a better character. Sky was in the right, she married a nice man who became bad. 'mela knew what she was getting into and admitted it, and supports him while pretending she's holier than thou

Skylar.

Carmela never cheated, she just thought about it.

I'm glad I watched The Wire when I was still bluepilled, I wouldn't have been able to fully enjoy otherwise

>be man
>no fashion sense
>think Tony dresses pretty well
am I wrong here? Carmela picks his outfits i'm sure, but people say he dresses like shit. It's just slacks, shiny shoes, and a polo