Just came back from the projection of Ragnarok. So, I'll try to summarize my "impressions" from it as short as possible

Just came back from the projection of Ragnarok. So, I'll try to summarize my "impressions" from it as short as possible.

For the record, I knew this would be the same repetitive capeshit-tier movie, but honestly, I didn't expect to be this bad and therefore I couldn't resist on expressing my opinion of disappointment.

The post may contain some spoilers as well, so my advise is, for those who are planning to watch it for the first time, to avoid further reading.

>cringe humour through the whole time of the movie, didn't expect to be thrown that much into the parody style dialogues (also, the screenwriter seemed to be high during his job)
>what I noticed at the begining was the LGBT flag, placed as a carpet of the backgroung decoration in the theatre play scene (behind Matt Damon and the other guy while acting, yes, you heard me right)
>weak plot, muh fullfilling the prophecy, muh evil sexually unsatisfied sister
>that lava guy (Surtur I think) got almost zero story appearance
>didn't know what they were thinking of Goldblum's character, but whatever they did, it was terrible
>terrible voice pick up of that rock guy from the arena, sounded like a 16 years old eunuch
>Loki was boring af as in the first Avengers movie
>weak acting overall, the only good performances that were on a decent level were Hopkins' and Elbra's (unironically)
>Cate Blanchett's MILF hot vision couldn't cover her overplaying and sounding silly
>the only good thing were the cinematography and effects, Hulk could've been made better and Thor's eye hole was so unprofessionally shaped

Honestly, if I knew what a shitshow it would be, I'd never step into the cinema. And on top of that, I had to listen how the normies laughed like some brainwashed sheeps on every 2 minutes every time when the cheap awkward "funny" moments appeared, even on the serious ones (if they could even be classified as "serious"). Should've rather re-watched BR2049, didn't know what I was thinking back then.

Post ticket stub or GTFO

I'm from Europe, where the pre-premiere & premiere runs began earlier from the USA (to be more specific, they started several days ago IIRC, but still not in all European countries)

DC pajeets are working overtime

You have no new info whatsoever in your posts. So thanks for trying, but come back once you’ve actually seen the movie.

>read imdb user reviews
>first ten or so are all 10/10 "what a great film so much fun for yhe whole family!!"
>scroll down
>1 - 6/10 "what an utter disppointment...worst thor yet"

The movie might be fine
Just have zero interest in seeing it. Seems like a kids movie
And yeah...they are all kids movie but this just seems embarrassing

You got me wrong here. I'm neither a DC, nor Marvel fedora fanboi. Also, I barely go to the cinema to watch cape movies, this case was just an exception. I thought I would find the balance between plot and effects, but unfortunately it didn't appeare here. And I think that the first two "Thor" series were essentially better than this one, just a neutral opinion. Don't take it too serious, if that is going to make you feel better - I was planning to go to the JL premiere next month, but after today's disappointment, I gave up.

>He doesn't know what the Rainbow Road is

Hela was just so underwhelming, I know that marvel villains are shitty but after zemo and the vulture they seemed to be getting better. But no, we got an edgy sis with daddy issues who came out of nowhere for whatever reason and ultimately did nothing. The surtur scene at the end looked gorgeous though, I wish that he had been the main villain instead of a plot device.
Heimdall was pretty good too, no unnecessary quips at all that I remember from him.
The rock seemed out of place, and even tough some quips made me laugh (fuck off ghost!) it was a shameless attempt of a rocket racoon 2.0
Same for valkyrie, she's like gamora but an unlikable alcoholic bitch who turns good when she gets mindraped by loki. Absolutely stupid. If she was a real valkyrie she wouldn't be such a shitty person to begin with, what a retarded character.
Hulk... He was like groot basically, and wouldn't stop acting like a baby. Banner was akward as shit.
Thor was alright, for a comedy, and tge scenes with lightning were pretty cool too.
I give it a 7/10. Much better than the other thor movies but it tries too hard to be like GOTG and ends up being a bit of a mess.

The comedy was too much for me, it really ruined moments for the movie. Hella first appears as really intimdating when Odin dies and turns into magic space dust, and then Hella just turns up in Norway and she destroys Thor's Hammer (in the trailer, not a spoiler). But then when she arrives at Asgard, she is written humorously. Like what I mean is, she isn't actively telling jokes but her lines have comedic timing. She arrives and immediately kills 2 of the 3 Warriors Three and introduces herself to the Asian warrior and he says "I don't know who you are, but you gotta leave" or something, and she replies with "You don't know who I am, I just said it, I just introduced myself". As soon as that happened, I no longer saw her as an actual villain.

The only comedic characters they should've had, should've been Korg and the Grand Master. But even then they should've dialled it back. Korg actually contributes to a touching moment as everybody watches Asgard be destroyed in Ragnarok by Sutur,
but then he ends it with a humorous line that took you out of the moment and they could've then moved on,
but they went straight back into emotional and it really didn't work.

Also, so much prat falls and physical comedy, it was like having Thor trip and fall his way to success in the movie. They sacrificed Thor's credibility as a tough and strong character to have fun, which I am okay with fun, but seeing a character fumble and fall and then believing he can fight toe to toe with someone who seems stronger than him was just really hard to believe, yeah in this movie about a man with a magic hammer.

Loki was also reduced to a joke, you know, the guy that was the main villain in Avengers and major antagonists in Thor and Thor 2. Yeah, now he is easily captured and easily discovered when he uses his tricks.

>LGBT flag
isnt a theater representing the bifrost?

>film is loved critically
>movie is fun
>user calls it shit
If you aren't going to give actual criticism and just spout "DUDE CAPESHIT LMAO", then just get out. Also where's that ticket stub, faggot.

Yeah, Lesbian, Gay, Bifrost and Transexual I believe

the woman in black on the cover looks like girl Aku

Does Beta Ray Bill show up?

Same. I fucking loved Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and was expecting this to be on the same level. But it's bad. Oh god, it's bad. I think all the exposition to the media got to the head of Taika Watiti, because this film is an unapologetic piece of trash that seems to pat itself on the back for being "funny" every 2 minutes.
I loved Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
I loved What We Do In The Shadows.

But Thor Ragnarok is simply... bad. Bad screenplay. Lame jokes. The best things of the movie were all in the trailer. Even the Hulk vs. Thor fight was pretty lame. The after credits scene is cringeworthy, everybody on the room groaned when it ended. Simply put, the worst Marvel movie ever.

Taika should stick to do indie movies. And Marvel should tone the commedy down a little cause, oh boy, this time it backfired.

OP is either trolling or just retarded. But yeah, Matt Damon cameo is so unfunny.

No. I got the feeling I saw a statue of him at the arena, but I was without my glasses, so I can't tell for sure.

so "Your Highness" in Space, eh?

Your Highness is sometimes funny. For each funny joke of Thor Ragnarok, there's a sinking cringeworthy moment of a missed joke.

Let me just give an example so people don't say I didn't watch or I'm just a DC drone:
When Bruce Banner jumps from the ship to fight Fenrir, he simply falls on the bridge, as a human. Get it? Cause you expect him to be the Hulk. But he's not. He's a human being falling. Funny, huh?

Something that really disappointed me was how underwhelming Hela felt. Odin makes a big deal about her before she appears, and despite yes, being much stronger than Thor all she does is generic CGI fighting and throwing those lame ass spikes all over the place. The character is the fucking goddess of death, couldnt they be a little more creative?
Comicbookfags is that how Hella is in the comics as well?
Despite not being bad, it was generic as any other capeshit movie, nail in the coffin for me, not paying for these shit movies anymore.

It really was one of the worst marvel movies. There wasn't a single thing I liked in the movie, I only kind of got excited cause I liked some actors there, and they did a good job, but their characters were just so bad. The CGI was mostly bad, the soundtrack was cringeworthy (in a scene where they are in norway it plays a cliche vikings style music, cause get it, vikings and norse gods), the fights were boring, and I think the audience were literally forcing laughs cause they didn't want to think it was that bad

Protip: the rock was the movie director

SAME I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT AND IT SUCKS!

>Get it? Cause you expect him to be the Hulk. But he's not. He's a human being falling. Funny, huh?
goddamn this seems atrocious

>so the bad man is gonna shoot his gun, but then the gun is now a bread because we made it that way, so it's funny

Glad I'm not the only one who found the comedy terrible. Dunno why it got so much praise

>Just got back from seeing Ragnorak with my crew. We roll pretty deep and let me tell you, not a dry seat in the house. The piss was intense. Piss dripping out the seats, piss flowing down the aisles, piss in the popcorn. Piss jets in every direction. I actually shit myself three times, I told the door monkey and he was like "Aww here goes" and we fist bumped. It was all a good vibe. Great night out and if you roll with a chill crew and not a bunch of permavirgin goobers then you'll have a wicked sick time. SLAYED.
>Hell yeah bro I already bought my second ticket. This movie is an hilarious SUMMER ROMP that isn't afraid to get a little RAUNCHY.
>Took a girl to the movie and she way literally PISSING herself, this time though we are prepared with our own adult diapers. That's how funny this is.
>Butthurt CRITICS who are disconnected from normal people wouldn't GET it!!!!

Quips

Fun

Nostalgia

Kid Again

Szechauan Sauce

>Szechauan Sauce

kys

this movie is great. Every scene is great! It is perhaps the best MCU movie.
With Surtur, we don't need Galactus anymore.
There are serious moments with no jokes.
We get to see a lot of things we always wanted to.