YOU JUST FUCKING DO THAT WAID!

YOU JUST FUCKING DO THAT WAID!

Is that a smirk in the third panel? The big problem with Viv in this series is that, due to a combination of Waid's writing being hilariously #WOKE and it being out of character compared to her other series, this and the infamous "microaggression" bit comes across as Viv fucking with them.

Umm .. but Waid is literally the best at writing Viv??

Viv means to say sex, not gender. You'd think that a SJW like Waid would at least get the terminology right.

Bad bait

Viv was never without emotions, they are just typically expressed in a non-human way.
If you read that family fun-time adventure comic that she premiered in you know that the entire Vision family was prone to being irrationally emotional from time to time.
And lord knows what kind of a sense of humor she has. This scene could be her version of a joke.

You really think the computer-girl made a goof? She is programmed to be at that age of experimentation and testing boundaries.

>This scene could be her version of a joke.

Doesn't really matter. People ran with it. At some point some writer will make it canon. Happened with Julie Power. One stray comment about a chick made of rainbows being pretty and now they fuck.

The instant that the kiss was revealed to be a fakeout cliffhanger for attention, I gave up on it.

I'm more surprised you were invested in Champions at all to begin with

Both issue 1 and 2 were a grab bag for me, since it had nice character interaction (Kid-Cyclops is actually interesting via Waid) but came to a standstill for preachiness/cringe. The repeated panels wasting page space was what nearly pushed me over before the final page of #2 shattering my OTP. The pointlessness of it in the following issue made me evacuate all hope.
Deserves to crash and burn after the overshipping of #1 inflating their initial success bragging.

Wasn't Julie Power cursed to be lez the second she used a rainbow to fly around with?
Marvel loves symbolism.

It's stupid to think you're going to like any sort of book dynamic before the first arc is even completed.
Judge a book by it's trades, at least then you're seeing the stories in their completion, as they were intended to be presented.
You don't walk out on a movie after the first fifteen minutes.

So basically Asian males keep their positions as eunichs.
Thanks for progression Marvel!

Nah, rainbows are one of the symbols of young girls, at least that's what all of those Lisa Frank binders and stickers have led me to believe.

Yeah but a movie you've already paid upfront for the entire thing.
A comic you have the ability to drop out because you hate it and not spent the other 4/6ths of the price it'd cost for a 6 issue run.
A more appropriate similie would be its like buying a bottle of soda, you drink some and don't like it but should carry on drinking it in case maybe it tastes better further down the bottle.

You're missing the reality that a good or bad ending can totally redeem or ruin any story.
And if there's a thread connecting all the scenes together to make those early parts hold more meaning when viewed in hindsight it's all the more reason to not judge the whole by a part.
Soda doesn't change it's flavor after the first taste, books of every sort often change their story with added insight.
For example: Moby Dick was a critical and commercial flop when first published, readers had never seen anything like it and totally missed the allegorical aspect of it.
I don't expect Champions to be that good, but I didn't stop reading after the first issue because of that.

Yeah, once the first arc is completed, the modern jokes about Jonas Brothers will be funny.

Fuck off.

Eunuchs are probably the least stereotype people associate Asians with.

>perhaps i should try a different gender
Subtle.

Nobody gives a damn about chinks.

I don remember any JB jokes

It was in the preview

I wish I had some money so I could commission someone on the internet to draw Viv and Kamala making out.

>this and the infamous "microaggression" bit comes across as Viv fucking with them.
I honestly think it is SUPPOSED to be her fucking with them.

Remember: she's Ultron's Grandaughter

It used to be, but I'm sure Julie became a lesbian because some hack came along saw the the rainbow trail. If Sync had survived he'd probably be gay too.

One thought I had which I *doubt* that a modern-day writer would run with (I actually think that someone like John Byrne might have, back in the day) is that since Viv's mind is a combination of those of her mother and father's, and since her father is attracted to females, she could have her father's attraction to women as part of the stew of drives and impulses which makes up her personality.

Counterpoint: she's being written by someone who believes microaggressions are a real and important issue and therefore wouldn't joke about them.

I'm a little busy with some real comic work, but give me a bit and I'll deliver if this thread is still up by then

Microaggressions ARE real... but they aren't what tumblr believes them be.

Waid got a lot of shit from Tumblr because his Original Sin arc in Daredevil portrayed post-partum depression.

If anything, Viv seems to act more like a sort of pseudo-Tumblr SJW of sort: the misunderstanding microaggressions, trying new genders and shit like that.

Can someone post the "microagression" page everyone is talking about?

Why does Kamala look like a bitch here? What happened to my adorable Kamal who had stupidly messy hair?

RAMOS!

I unironically what to know what she meant by this.

Is it supposed to be parody? Is it supposed to be serious? Is she telling a joke? In makes even less sense in the full context of the issue, very next page the entire conversation is dropped 'cause Kid-clops shows up.

well look at all the mental loops she had to go through to get to that conclusion. Pretty sure it's a joke.

I now want Viv being a troll.

It's supposed to be drama. Viv is taking offense at the proposal to tell ghost stories because she sees it as a slight against her for not being human.

Neat!

>a killing machine is getting this touchy over random topics

Sounds like she's a rabid robot who needs to be put the fuck down.

Poe's Law, dude.
Something that is so absurd that satire looks like the real thing.

Waid isn't smart enough for satire nowadays