Why does Sup Forums hate this movie? Give legitimate reasons and not just "edgy teen fanbase" or whatever

Why does Sup Forums hate this movie? Give legitimate reasons and not just "edgy teen fanbase" or whatever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=njVB0xy2UrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not very good

I like it. A lot of Sup Forums has shitty taste.

Needed more sex n violence

It's actually one of the few Kubrick movies I liked.
Kino fight coming through!
youtube.com/watch?v=njVB0xy2UrE

I've never heard anyone on Sup Forums say they don't like this movie.

because kubrick was a hack

Because the average Sup Forums poster is an immature faggot who is desperate to be seen as a mature human being. The funny thing is that in saying a Clockwork orange is immature and edgy they reveal themselves to be the immature ones.

You've been here a week then

>Kubrick was a hack
i don't think about you at all

A Clockwork Orange
Dr strangelove
Eyes wide shut

Theses are his three best movies in no particular order

I don't think most of Sup Forums does hate it but if they do, contrarianism

wrong
>Barry Lyndon
>Eyes Wide Shut
>2001: A Space Odyssey

The movie peaks in the first thirty minutes.

It's in my top 3 favorite Kubrick films, after Strangelove and 2001.

Sup Forums likes to shit on him for some reason. Maybe because his deliberate, almost surgical procedure to making films doesn't fit with the pretentious artistic sensibilities so called "patricians" like to opine.

It's a great film, like almost all of Kubrick's filmography.

Kubrick's films are very artistic though. Are you referring to indiefag college pseuds who think Wes Anderson is the height of cinema

Usually the extreme hipsters who think anything that isn't French 1920s-40s cinema is dogshit.

I do understand that there are some people on here that at least recognize Kubrick's importance even if they don't like his brilliance.

Because he's seen as one of the best directors by "normies" if it's seen as acceptable by the masses, it's gotta be shit.

Most normies have only seen The Shining and Full Metal Jacket.

They're jelly of the threesome.

Fuck outta here tv hates this. This movie is the chans if most of us left their house and were 45% of the population.

This movie is great

Only memeing contrarians hate it

Kubrik left out the ending of the film, and many parts of the story were left out of the film.

Good film, but the book is better.

Yes.

the film ending is better than "oh boy I grew up I sure was a crazy kid back then"

I understand why it was as famous as it was, but it's extremely dated by today's standards and I don't like the main characters monologue to himself.

you must be a literal retard to have such a factually wrong opinion

this man knows his Kubrick

In high school my turbo sperg friend and I were big fans of A Clockwork Orange and we actually talked about this movie, along with 2001 and Full Metal Jacket, with a few Chads in our class and we got the Chads interested in Kubrick films.

There's no real point to this story I just thought I would share

how is it dated?

nice

what's not to like about this movie?

it's objectively a classic kubrikino

There's no point to the story because Kubrick didn't film the book's final chapter. The movie was completely meaningless

That one slut that was about to be gangraped by the other retard gang had some great tits.

Yes. Is she listed on IMDb?

Why didn't the future actually turn out this way? Rather than wild, violent, lively young men roaming the streets, we have depressed, neurotic, depersonalized, lifeless young men with low testosterone who stay in their room all day and obsess over social media while society decays around them.

In some ways our world is even more depressing and bleak than they imagined it.

Where you from, lad? There are places in the world that are similar.

Sup Forums barely discusses this movie and its always patricians battling against contrarians. It's a perfectly fine film.

Maybe in Slavic countries. In the west, things are the way I described.

Please be bait

Not white countries.

there definitely are violent gangs and a degenerate overly sexualized culture in the west

what? there are places in even those countries or are you just memeing.

For some reason it feels different from the rest of his filmography. I'm not sure why. I think it feels a bit pulpy, and more overtly exploitative than his other films.

>watched Barry Lyndon for the first time the other day
Fucking great. Are there any other movies with that ironic, impartial literary tone? I loved it, was laughing a lot in the first half but it didn't compromise the dramatic payoff in Part 2 at all. Also, it was maybe the most beautiful film I've ever seen. Watching Eyes Wide Shut for the first time later this evening, also inspired to rewatch the rest of Kubrick's movies. I've seen them but I was less of a patrician back then