Why are there no fictional movies or tv shows set in the Byzantine Empire...

Why are there no fictional movies or tv shows set in the Byzantine Empire? Do normies have trouble comprehending that the Roman empire didn't fall until the 15th century?

2 reasons
1. Holywood always fucks these things up, mess something and mistake a lot.
2. Europeans would get this correct, but movie would be fucking awfull to watch, cheap and shit.

>byzantium
>rome

Pick one.

Jews dont want people to know that Christians had stable civilisations and culture.

They want us to look like raging barbarians who conquered and stole everything.

We need a pregnant anne frank film first

>le normies
Why are redditors so afraid of saying normalfag?

t. latin cuck

Just imagine the condused reviews of the american critics.
Are they in greece or rome? Why they don't dress as romans I am confus

*confused

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FAILED WOG EMPIRE, NERD

>failed
>existed for about 1000 years with an interruption of 57 years

I choose Rome, specifically the Eastern Roman empire with his capital of Constantinople.

WE WUZ GREEK CHRISTIAN ROMANS N SHEEIT

Some historians would say that the holy Roman Empire finally died July 17 1918

you sayin we wuz romanz n shiet?

morons like this is why

What would be special about it?
They don't do movies about Ethiopia either

They should, though

A Fourth Crusade movie could be pretty cool if done right, I have no idea who would be a good director for it though

>boy fuckers
>roman
Think you're mistaken.

>crusade to reclaim jerusalem
>sack constantinople instead

If this narrative resonated today somehow you can bet it would get made. You'd think a tale of unintended consequences would be fertile ground.

You could draw parallels with the Iraq War (or pretty much any post-WW2 conflict desu)

crusaders were such shit, why do people suck them off so much

nothing interesting happened in byzantium

name a single famous byzantian or event, I double dog dare you

Hey, 1-3 were pretty good. Also remember it was the (((Venetians))) who fucked up the 4th and that the Pope excommunicated them all.

>implying the Roman (big hint!) Catholic Church isn't the direct descendant of the Roman Empire
Over a billion subjects dude, that's China-tier

But that movie hasn't really been made. When is a new Oliver Stone going to recognize the exact moment we wrecked civilization?

Justinian, Basil II

Justinian, Theodora, Belisaurius, the Plague...

this book is literally crying out to become a movie or better tv series.
Covers all the palace intrigue and clever stratagems during Belisarius's recapture of most of the old empire; as well as the cowardly emperor Justinian and his (former prostitute) wife Theodora

>1-3 were pretty good

>Vow to give land you take back to the Byzantines
>Pillage Byzantine towns because Westcucks can't into logistics.
>Finally start winning sieges
>Byzantines were able to get into the city by water forcing the Crusaders to let them take it.
>Win even more sieges
>"Crusaders wanna fulfill your vow and give us our land back?"
>lol no lets set up autistic states surrounded by enemies and piss off the only people that could be our Allies.

Nice forged documents you have there. Might I ask why a Organization with God behind it would need to forge legitimacy?

Cause people don't know what they fuck that is. I didn't learn about it in school and haven't stumbled on it anywhere else besides vague references so who cares?

Who gives a shit about orthocucks lmao
They're the original protestants

LARPers

Shit aestethics. Greeks larping as Romans.

Might I ask why Catholic Priests shave their Beards and can't have families? The Apostles had Beards and families. Maybe it's because Catholics are power hungry retards who wanted to control all church lands and didn't want Priests to hand off the Church he led to Family members.

>"""""""Roman""""""" sultanate

You realize Constantinople was closer and would have to be taken before Jerusalem, right? The Muslims were pushing West and weren’t going to stop. The Crusades were a defensive measure more than anything.

Idk what you're talking about. But the Catholic Church has huge influence, huge economic/political power, speaks Latin, has a shitload of historical and cultural artifacts stashed, headquarters in Rome, and so on, that's good enough for me

>speaks Latin
It is not real Latin
>headquarters in Rome
No they got kicked out. Vatican City is it's own City.
>huge economic/political power
Hasn't helped them keep pews full.

>Maybe it's because Catholics are power hungry retards who wanted to control all church lands and didn't want Priests to hand off the Church he led to Family members.

But wouldn't a power-hungry retard want family members to inherit control of his lands?

literally who? maybe they'd be more famous if they had movies made but they don't so no one's going to make a movie about literally whos

>Do normies have trouble comprehending that the Roman empire didn't fall until the 15th century?

Do you think normies would be able to tell the 3rd century and the 15th century apart?

Ok. It seems like you have something against them, what is it?

Because it never existed.

No you inbred, the Church would never leave church hands so always putting whoever you hand pick there is better. It also makes it easier to make sure someone who isn't loyal to the local ruler is put in charge.

>blaming the 4th crusade disaster on the pope
fucking hate the reddit tier memeing of history recently

I think normies vaguely know about the renaissance and printing press and stuff. Also, age of exploration/beginning of colonial era with bigass ocean-going ships with cannons, and shitty early guns. All that stuff gets a lot of attention at least in US public schools

I have a problem with autistic larpers who stalk /his/

>normies
Fuck off, normalfag.

>fucking hate the reddit tier memeing of history recently
This, whats the joke, to show people you understand it?

Most normies don't even know about the Eastern Empire

basically. it's a "you have to have an iq of xxx to understand this picture" bullshit

Not familiar with them I don't go there often

It's Sup Forums board invasion v2. Just constantly derailing threads they don't belong then getting all defensive.

wew (((reddit))). seems like you can only live in the moment you hedonistic queer