Luke's lightsaber in The Last Jedi is blue

Luke's lightsaber in The Last Jedi is blue.
Apparently Disney retconned lightsabers as blue and red only.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AiM5zEEI_Jo
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker's_green_lightsaber
youtu.be/PqaiKmm8gsY?t=37s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh no now my limited edition mace windu replica light saber isn't canon

>retcon because he still had anain's saber
>not remembering he threw away his green saber in the trash

whew lad

Other colors exist, it's just that the movies will be red and blue only from now on

>implying he wouldn't use green again
No Jedi switches lightsaber colors like that, only Windu when he got his purple one.

Please for the love of god, why does Sup Forums pretend they know anything about star wars.

There wasn't supposed to be a green lightsaber, the one he built in RoTJ was originally blue but it had to be changed to green because the blue didn't work well for the sail barge sequence on Tatooine.

And for some reason it's blue again in TLJ

True. However, in-universe the color change is clearly attributed to Luke's construction of a new lightsaber to replace the one he lost to Vader on Bespin. Vader even remarks on this at one point. Thus the green coloring is understood to be Luke's choice.

It's been decades since then so it's a little late to be retconning this now.

Rey literally hands Luke Anakin's old blue saber at the end of TFA. It makes sense Luke would use it again at some point. Maybe he threw away his old green one after theknights of ren killed all his pupils.

There are two different threads up about this and now I'm really worried that it's actually true

>Skywalker took the weapon and attacked the Emperor, only for Vader to stop his strike and duel him.[1] After almost killing his father, Skywalker realized what he was becoming,[6] and he defiantly threw his lightsaber away and declared himself to be a Jedi.

mmmmm gimme dat purple saybah

Thank you, holy fuck Sup Forums is so retarded

But is it supposed to be his actual lightsaber that's now blue? Not Anakin's lightsaber.

I know that even though he wasn't shown with a lightsaber on the last movie, the prop department recreated his lightsaber from RoTJ for TFA.

Huh, guess I always assumed he retrieved it before leaving the Death Star. No reason to leave it behind.

Even if he did lose that lightsaber I presume he would've built another green one to replace it.

Still haven't seen any proof of this meme claim.

It was only green because he had to synthesize kyber crystal. I assume he found some real crystals and made a blue one

I'm also guessing he's just using Anakin's saber in these scenes for some unexplained reason.

>Implying he couldn't have just picked it up on his way out
He even has the Force for fuck's sake. I assumed he grabbed it even as a kid

Pretty sure he had it on him in the scenes after the deathstar

You can clearly see it on his belt at 2:14 below in the final scene you fucking spergs:

youtu.be/AiM5zEEI_Jo

Nice Yoda image

I thought green was when they used some second grade crystal, also that a true jedi forges his own jedi saber.

>special edition

Apparently now Sith and others use red crystals because channeling the dark side through them makes the crystals "bleed" or some other retarded shit.

Why would he throw away the lightsaber he had just built a few days ago?

lol wtf?

>canon

It's exactly the same lightsaber as this one, just... blue. Apparently no explanation is given in the movie

If we're going full autism, use the full wiki entry fag.

>After almost killing his father, Skywalker realized what he was becoming,[6] and he defiantly threw his lightsaber away and declared himself to be a Jedi. Following the Emperor's death at the hands of his father, Skywalker recovered his lightsaber.[1]

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker's_green_lightsaber

BTFO

How do you know this

Uhm, akshually... Wookiepedia says that he retrieved it after defeating Palpatine as well. Maybe check your sources next time?

I just felt my virginity grow back

Need a screencap to be sure. It should be obvious if the hilt is visible.

very dumb joke

Isn't it mostly because of this?
I mean, I was able to figure it out as a toddler, but I guess the old laser colors could be confusing.
Starkiller was a red laser, I don't remember how the xwing and ties were in TFA

All the sabers built for the force awakens.

So they intended to give Luke his green lightsaber from return of the jedi.

It's blue in the EU

where does it show that in the movie?

This is literally headcannon.

No. After they destroy the deathstar and the characters are celebrating on Endor with the Ewoks, you can see his lightsaber on his belt in few scenes

Doubt it.

I suspect the laser colors were inspired by real life - NATO countries use red, while Warsaw Pact countries used green.

proof?

Why are you faggits believing this without any evidence?

If anything retard OP saw an in-progress pic where they have a standard blue effect roto'd in.

If you check the video if Luke dragging Vader he doesn't have his lightsaber attached to his left side. It's hard to tell but doesn't look like it's on his right side either.

tie lasers were still green in TFA and Rogue

OP is a lying faggot who just needs attention

i am correct until he proves otherwise

>TROJ
Luke rejects the Emperor’s claim and places himself in danger in order for his father to redeem himself and save the Galaxy

>TFA
“That lightsaber belongs to me, give t back >:/“

There's an entire industry build upon rumors about these fucking movies, and at least one shill from a rumor mill that sells t-shirts. They're actual money riding on keeping you people guessing about shit.

Whether it's true or not hardly matters; it's almost certainly made-up shit.

Don't forget to buy your makingstarwars.net t-shirt :^)

yeah, I forgot about all those laser cannons lined up along the iron curtain

star wars was heavily inspired by wwii, you sarcastic waste of life

>TROJ
???

Yeah, so the red superlaser in TFA is the odd one out. I always thought it looked strange.

Just remembered that Imperial hand blasters are red. Pretty sure all hand blasters in the OT are, though.

false equivalence user, it's more like

>TFA
"That lightsaber belongs to me, give it back >:/"

>ANH
"But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

Luke and Kylo are both whiny faggots who aren't Jedi.

Screenshot this, if Kylo's character doesn't develop at all by the third movie you can gloat about being right, otherwise fuck off.

We haven't seen Luke ignite his ROTJ lightsaber in the new movies. The blue one Rey has is Anakin's/Luke's until he lost it with his hand on cloud city, which was always blue.

This isn't hard

>Maybe he threw away his old green one
>Maybe
youtu.be/PqaiKmm8gsY?t=37s

yeah literally everything else is green besides the starkiller base laser

He did, in the Shattered Empire comic which takes place right after ROTJ, and is canon, he still has his green one

he retrieved it after the fight, you can see the ligthsaber on him in the scene with vader dying and in the final endor scene

Very true. Although he doesn't actually carry it with him when he carries Vader to the shuttle for some reason.

>that scene is literally the same as the theatrical release

Command and Conquer: Red Alert movie when?

I would watch this, no matter how shit it was.

Could it... could it literally just be a production goof?

HMMMMMMMMMMM

i actually thought he did too
then i paid more attention at the end of the movie

more likely it was physically awkward

>hey eli this lightsaber is whacking my nuts whenever i try to move sebastian's fat ass
>ok mark just take it off who gives a fuck jesus christ

You think it looks digitally added?
Jesus the absolute state of mouse shills.

Probably, but we have to ask ourselves, which of those scenes were the goof in?

We have more reason to think that he threw away his weapon and didn't go back to retrieve it than throwing it away, escaping without it and then having it again on Endor.

I think the Endor hugging scene was probably filmed before the Death Star one or maybe they just fucked up the costume and popped the saber onto it.

kek

>I think the Endor hugging scene was probably filmed before the Death Star one or maybe they just fucked up the costume and popped the saber onto it.
Yeah, probably this. Or in the script he's supposed to holster it but it takes too long because he has to break eye contact with the emperor, so he just chucks it aside instead. A bunch of reasons why this shit doesn't even matter.

I say we just go with he has the saber, it's clearly shown in the last scene so there you go.

>I say we just go with he has the saber, it's clearly shown in the last scene

I say we don't because we clearly see him throw it away and escape without it.

Production mistake.

Maybe it fell down a ventilation shaft and the Millenium Falcon swooped by and Han Solo stuck his hand out the window to grab it.

It's there on his hip; that's the canon.

Georgie boy would have fixed it in one of the later renditions if it was a continuity error in his mind.

i say you're fucking retarded because it's clearly shown he has it in the last scene, that's canon, fuck off

If he built another one thats fine but if its the same lightsaber but blue now that is absolutely fucking retarded.

> if its the same lightsaber but blue now that is absolutely fucking retarded.

you're right, but it's not

op just wants to make people as miserable as he is

I say you're a total idiot because that last scene doesn't adhere to the events of the story that was laid out in the previous scenes and is therefore most likely a production error.

>Can't swap crystals

nu-canon has the crystals alive and changing colour dependant on its wielder, or something.

> that last scene doesn't adhere to the events of the story that was laid out in the previous scenes

ok

>and is therefore most likely a production error.

this makes absolutely no sense, there's zero factual information that could lead you to this conclusion

stop being a contrarian asshole

he had the lightsaber at the end of the movie, that's canon, fuck off

do you even remember the last time you weren't full of shit?

source?

who gives a fuck what color it is. for real it does the same thing regardless. im pretty sure there's some canon on wookiepedia or whatever about all lightsabers coming from the same crystal mined on the niggeria planet or something.

Blue: The color of the Jedi Guardian
Yellow: The color of the Jedi Sentinel
Green: The color of the Jedi Consular

Luke throwing the saber away was about refusing to kill Vader, not the concept of having a saber itself.

The Emperor even calls it a 'Jedi weapon', although I guess the prequels retconned that.

I'm not sure the comic, but I've seen the page where Vader tortures a crystal which is why they go red.
I'm sure Wookieepedia has page citations.

>ok

Nice rebuttal to my key argument.

>this makes absolutely no sense, there's zero factual information that could lead you to this conclusion

You are correct about the fact that I have no evidence to support my claim; however, we know that errors are made during the making of films so we can make the assumption, based on my previous point about how the lightsaber being on Endor doesn't adhere to the events that happened prior in the Death Star, that it could be and most likely is a production error.

>pretend they know anything about star wars.
There's really not that much to know. Certainly not sense Disney eliminated the EU, or more accurately, "Legends." If you mean Sup Forums doesn't participate in the extraordinarily popular pastime of circlerjerking with Star Wars speculation for the new trilogy, that's bullshit, but even if that were the case, it doesn't matter, because Sup Forums's guess would be as good as anybody else's.

Luke's green crystal was synthetic, that's why his lightsaber made unique sounds.

If he has a blue one now is because he went and acquired a real crystal.

that's EU, that's no longer canon

those are guidelines

Since Luke got his body off of the Death Star maybe he just tossed the lightsaber onto his corpse or something because he didn't want it slapping his jimmies dragging the cyborg dude around. Darth Vader must have weighed like 500 lbs.

>Luke's green crystal was synthetic, that's why his lightsaber made unique sounds.

That's EU, that's no longer canon. Also in the EU the synthetic crystals created unstable red blades.

Those are video games

No, this is the new comics, Disney's canon.

He's obviously using Kyle Katarn's lightsaber.

just looked it up, you're half right, only red crystals are changed based on the emotions of the force-wielder

nothing else in the current canon has to do with colors of crystals changing

FYI this is the source of this info, a promotion pint glass from Alamo Drafthouse. It could very well be Rey's/his/Anakin's saber that he's holding as he's in his early movie outfit.