/stg/ - Stranger Things General

How was it, Sup Forums?

Episode 7 was shit and the interracial propaganda was disgusting, but the rest was almost as good as S1.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jlEmYG-3Bvs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>interracial propaganda was disgusting

were you this disgusted at the teacher with asian gf?

Almost as disgusted because its much worse for a White woman to be Blacked than an Asian woman to get White'd.

Both are haram.

Steve getting out-Chadded made me giggle

>interracial propaganda
It wasn't really bad. Billy not liking Lucas was glaring but they don't focus on race that much so it's fine. S2 was pretty good with everything else, the main problems are:
>Will and 11 are sidecasted most of the season
>The only way they could keep 11 out of the show was to have her try to find her mother.
11 looking for her mom is fine. However adding a new character as the only way to keep 11 out of the show was a poor choice. The only development to come out of e7 was 11 being able to channel her anger. They could've easily found another way to keep her gone for the day that didn't involve creating 8.

S2 was good but if you, like me, expected to see 11 do badass shit with the party then you'll be disappointed. That's being saved for S3 hopefully.

So we can all agree on this image right?

>they don't focus on race that much

This was literally just played as a joke.

This part was cool.

It was clearly meant to be a criticism of race roles in Ghostbusters and criticism of White people who expect niggers to dress as nigger characters only, which they should.

S2 was dumb and Americanised, ending was cute, Max’s brother was hot, pls no S3 let it die peacefully

Fuck, it took 4 episodes for shit to actually happen

>pls no S3 let it die peacefully

You wish.

S3 is already an idea, and so is S4. Expect S3 next year.

>women using tech

out of 9 episodes only 3 were really good. Basically the ones involving the new characters and directed by the producers/creators
Episodes: 3, 8 and 9

>Billy
>our guy
Fuck no. He looked like a gay pirate, and every one of his scenes was dedicated to make him look like a piece of shit instead of writing him like an actual person.

Who /zoomer/ here?

The mind flayer was a little boring, I was expecting something cooler and more daunting/looming, hope some other bullshit crawls out the upside downs asshole to get them

or have a new cast and new monster make it an anthology please

I'm 6 episodes in
>edgy indian intro
>black Ghostbusters commentary
>character written to be 100% cunt goes like "hurr don't get close to people like THAT!" *points at blackie*
>even the school got 30% blacker between seasons
I thought all those 'Netflix is so progressive!' memes were just a joke and I generally don't even notice these things but seriously it just stands out

I find it hilarious that S1 had Steve in the typical Chad role, but they subverted the typical 80s flick expectation by having him actually be pretty cool in the end.
But now, they have MAXIMUM CHAD show up and be a total fucking jerk with no redeeming qualities. His "squad" even wore Cobra Kai costumes on Halloween.

>You know all that subtlety and subversion in the first season? Toss it all out

>It's meant to be a criticism of this dumb position I actually hold
How do you reconcile this stance with your enjoyment of this show

worst monster design ever

>Chad isn't a chad
>New double chad shows up
>double chad gets outchadded by his super chad dad
Was great.

>what did you think of Season 2?

youtu.be/jlEmYG-3Bvs

I ship it

One of the reasons I liked Season 1 is because it was sort of innocent.
There was no blunt political message,no forced diversity. The children acted like children, not like from a stephen king novel where they act like horny truckers.

Is season 2 really that much worse in terms of this?

>he thinks having literally 40% of the season dedicated to teenage girl drama is okay because the conclusion to that story is different from the cliche
c'mon, it was all shit

Did people really eat KFC in the 80's?

I can enjoy this show and also dislike Jewish propaganda, because I'm not a moron.

I wonder if she's natural

>Went from supreme douchebag to bro Chad
>Protected all the kids
>Became a role model for Dustin
>Let Nancy go like a champ
He's by far the best character in the show

wow, haven't seen this fat dude since LOTR

I thought his career ended

They were still allowed to call it chicken back then

I can't wait to see what level of Chad will show up next season

>Is season 2 really that much worse in terms of this?

Season 2 is similar to Season 1, but there's clearly an added peppering of racial shit because Season 1 was apparently "too white"

Steve will forever be /ourguy/

/zoomer/

It's like some Han Solo shit
How did he become so awesome between seasons?

hehe. Yeah it's dog shit now

>Nobody calling him Midnight this season
He only really got bullied by that cunt of a little sister

Why do people think Billy's a chad? He came across as a mentally stunted gay guy who kept trying to be macho to hide his gayness.

Watch the Superman flicks from that time and youll see everybody drinking a coke and having KFC.

What's with all the fucking cucking?
>Steve gets double cucked
>Eleven gets cuckqueaned
>Bob is an unrepentant cuck

Winston was one of the best characters. Anyone who disputes that has their head waaaaaaaaaay too deep into identity politics.

The Demogorgon will show up in Ray Bans and a Members Only jacket

piratefags netflix made a ''beyond stranger things'' talk show as well with the cast and directors. It is kinda comfy to let it play in the background

Tell that to White liberals who think they are speaking for Black people.

Innocent is a great way to describe it and it's what I use when I describe Stranger Things, because much like how Back to the Future was a movie in a time where saying an old man and a teenage boy go on adventures didn't also have a heavy subtext of rape, season 2 of Stranger Things also keeps it to the same theme where you can have a lonely cop and a teenage girl in a cabin in the woods all alone and not even think about "whoa what if he wants to raep", because it's just not that kind of 'reality'.

However my problem is this poster and how different the show is from what pic related tries to hype up.

No, Unless you get triggered like / pol by the black kid hooking up with new girl

I always liked him as much as the other guys. I was introduced to the cartoon first though.

I can almost hear a Jewish reporter on Buzzfeed typing an article about this screenshot.

>you go Lucas!

Steve Harrington is a really well written character.

Sean Astin killed it as Bob. Really likeable.

Episode 7 was really bad. Very unlikeable Indian girl, highly unrealistic group of people, very out of sync with the show and 80's vibe in general. I feel like Eleven's arc could have been served so much better. In fact, I really hate her Mother's story to be honest. I want Eleven to remain autistic because that helps Mike play a bigger role.

I would have liked to have seen Mike with a more important role.

I feel the plot is slightly convoluted with demondogs and tunels and gates etc. Not properly thought out.

Overall an enjoyable season. The show thrives when it plays to its own strengths rather than trying to branch out too much.

They're being paid to stir shit up. Why are you biting?

>Mike is now an angsty teen and the most unlikeable character out of all the kids
Why did this happen

I like how you think

Max is such a tryhard

>bob

>Promo implies a huge lovecraft monster will attack the town and Eleven will use crazy powers to stop it
>monster just infects will and eleven goes on some coming of age journey to write her out of the show to AVOID crazy fights
I'm not mad, just...

winston is a non-character lol

literally all the others have 500% more characterization than him

his only characterization is "he wants to work a job and doesnt care what it is"

>angsty teen
In what sense?

Can't hide that beautiful sea of red

He literally bitches and lashes out the whole season.
In the first season he was kind and sort of likeable.

Max was super cute. I also liked the hotbox scene where Nancy was sweating.

Overall the show was probably better than season one, although the mom/8 sidetrack was really out of place.

I also thought the snow ball was a little over the top (in terms of pandering) but will let it slide.

Reminder: Mike took a back seat in season 2 because the writers wanted to give the other kids a chance in the limelight as S1 was very Mike-centric.

Will couldn't spend 6 episodes not on the screen again.

The Mind Flayer was a shitty antagonist. I didn't understand his powers or his "rules" or anything.

Yeah I have to admit, Mike was useless this season.

>his only characterization is "he wants to work a job and doesnt care what it is"
But that's the whole joke!

His girlfriend exploded into dust right in front of him...

It must have been super hard for Hopper to try not to kill this kid with a slap

>This

Lucas is literally token black kid, which is what makes this funny.

The other kids all have identifiable traits. He has none. The writers see him as "black guy" and think that is sufficient, despite being terrified to write him as a black stereotype. He is an absent character.

This is why they gave him a romance subplot with a redhead, which just continues making him unlikeable.

Fuck Lucas. I hope Eleven kills him.

Why did he have to be such a dick to Max though?

I like (You) too

>I also thought the snow ball was a little over the top (in terms of pandering) but will let it slide.
I think it was fine because of the fact that it was what we expected from S1. The snowball was the plan that El and Mike made right before she "died." And the entire S2 kept El out of the show, so it makes sense to give them their relationship back from the first season. I think so at least.

Because she is dividing the group.

>billy
No, thanks

Then you don't understand the dynamic the movie was going for. The other characters are wacky mad scientist types that are constantly fucking things up with their crazy ambitions.

Winston is a grounding, stable force and a "straight man" to the zaniness of the other characters.

He's also a rarity in movies because he's a black man that isn't portrayed as the comic relief or criminal.

>was in the armed forces
>not a criminal
>Christian
>works hard

Without Winston that movie is 10 times worse. He holds the movie together.

Not really. In any sense, he was.

Based

>interracial propaganda

this.

There should have been early scenes were Lucas and Dustin fought over Max and Mike has to deal with it. THEN it would make sense for him to be mad at Max. Instead, she just joins the group and Mike is mad for no reason.

I actually had a feeling they were implying he was a closeted gay trying to hide it from his dad, especially after he calls him a faggot.

Gave his character more depth because otherwise I couldn't believe they'd make a character THAT cartoonishly psychopathic and assholish

I disagree. It's just the 4 boys who run a democracy in their party. all of a sudden 2 of them invite a girl in for no reason other than getting their dicks wet, all the while Mike himself is still waiting for 11 every day. He took it to the extreme, but him not liking Max is sorta justified.

More like Mike was still upset his waifu was gone and didn't want anyone else trying to fill her void in the meantime.

>zoomer
She clearly has some barbarian berserker bloodlust

who the fuck is the guy on the top right? That's not Matthew Modine is it?

>It's just the 4 boys who run a democracy in their party
And 3 of them voted yes to invite Max into the party. But mike being mad makes sense cause they didn't ask for his vote.

She looked cute drunk

it's Billy's father. Was bored to find a screencap from the show.

The Upside-Down being the primary focus again kinda killed any interest or mystery I had regarding the season. This felt really dull.

>And 3 of them voted yes to invite Max into the party.
I thought it was only Dustin and Lucas?

Will didnt vote?

Mike asks Will if he voted too and Will says he thought Mike wouldn't mind.

So what was this scene exactly? The entire plot was good(Mike and 11 in the school looking around) however was it necessary that 11 knocked the zoomer?
Can someone explain.

I think it was implied in the Halloween night that he agreed

She was a little upset