/trek/

PTSD edition

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s04b8KZl87wz
imdb.com/title/tt5171438/reviews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ATTENTION BAJORAN SAILORS

Your attempt to travel at sub-light speeds to the Denorios Belt is bound to fail.

PLEASE, you can still save your LI-IVES but only you turn back and avoid the ionic storms.

And to all the young women aboard, I will be in the Dahkur province next week for an ambassadorial meeting. Dukat out!

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

YOU'RE WAIFU A SHIT

THAT IS ALL

How's the Orville? Honestly?

more Trek than Discovery

>the suffering

Miles was NOT pleased.

I just watched this episode. I couldn't stop laughing.

Decent. What it lacks is a sense of Star Trek universe building, but there's only 7 episodes so far. I hope it gets many more episodes, it has a great space exploration aesthetic. Episode 5 was really really good. Surprise! It was directed by Frakes.

And episode 7 The Orville feels in many ways parallel to s2 episode 25 of DS9 (The Tribunal).

But the differences- DS9 was building the deeper Cardassian backround and conflict, where The Orville fires a one-shot and is more relevant to modern real-world culture. Colm Meaney acting > anybody out of The Orville, but the tension on ep. 7 The Orville actually put me on the edge of my seat.

So, honestly, the show isn't amazing or anything, but if you like Star Trek, you'll enjoy The Orville.

STD is my third favourite Trek after DS9 and VOY so far.

PROMENADE

ATTENTION BAJORAN SMIRKERS

>CARDASSIANS DON'T MAKE MISTAKES
>MY ONLY MISTAKE WAS NOT KILLING EVERY ONE OF THEM

I feel so bad for Kira. She goes from mass murde- I mean terrori- I mean resistance fighter to essentially XO of a busy spaceport with a bunch of Star Fleet eggheads.

Yet while not being a part of Star Fleet, she's having to file Star Fleet reports, manage the station, deal with Bajoran government bullshit, Cardassians, etc. She's entirely under-qualified for the position and Star Fleet command does nothing but peck away at her performance. Kira knows how to hunt moon spiders for food and set ambushes, not submit reports on computer subroutine performance, manage cargo bays, and deal with bullshit Federation exploration missions.

It's especially cruel, because while she desires to just throw up her hands and say "I don't care" and fail out of the position, she knows that actually doing so would be admitting that the only thing she's actually good at is murder. Not even a husband, a family, or a child to turn to. Her closest "friends"- a many-lifetime turbosloot so "kind" to even get along with the Ferengi, and a changeling outcast loner too stoic or perhaps naive to actually shoo her away.

Whenever she becomes too exhausted to be angry, how the shadow of depression mounts upon her. How many moments you think the only thing stopping her from stepping out an airlock was to argue to herself that all those miserable years she spent hiding in some hole from the Cardassians had to mean something?

>Hammock time
>Yo!

Damn, two brothers keepin' it real rappin' some 3 centuries old MC Hammer

>Its a Ensign Kim passes on the opportunity to become Seven's sex puppet episode.

Why Major, perhaps we have something in common after all.

She grew up from being a rebel to the authority and Ds9 was not remotely a good assignment when she got it. It was a space station orbiting major and moved away from the planet. Remember. Her character arc was great.

Kira is a hero on Bajor. After the events of DS9, she's pretty much on a track to becoming the de facto leader of the planet. She's a resistance fighter who fought in a famous resistance cell and helped liberate the planet. She was liaison to two major religious figures and arch-enemy of a failed Kai. She's a celebrated hero of the Dominion war and right hand man of the literal Emissary of the Prophets. Kira is arguably the most powerful and celebrated person on her planet post-DS9 and its greatest military mind.

I have some bad news.

The Discovery general is dying. Lately we can't even get a single thread to bump limit after 24 hours. If you truly loved Star Trek you would support the show by discussing the show! Remember, if Discovery gets cancelled prematurely then you won't get another Star Trek show for another 10 years! Think about that!

Thank fucking god you fucks are dying off.

Listen to the way she lectures Tom Riker about being a terrorist. She hates herself.

Let me put this another way: if the Discovery containment threads die, where do you think all the shitposters will go?

Fuck off reddit.

>Remember, if Discovery gets cancelled prematurely then you won't get another Star Trek show for another 10 years! Think about that!
>Implying that this is a bad thing

No Star Trek at all > Shitty Star Trek

That does it. You're getting the Tilly Treatment.

>you won't get another Star Trek show for another 10 years
more like 20, franchise is deader than it was in the early 00s

*caresses your earlobe*

>Harry Kim

>TNG movies, VOY, ENT
>all shit
Why did it all go wrong, they were on a roll it was magnificent. Sure there were some good parts but the bad heavily outweighs the good.

Took me a second but I got it

>quick, we need a ship more powerful than the Galaxy class for half the cost in resources

Gotchu famalam

One thing I don't like about the TNG era ships is the ovular saucer design. The circular design of the TOS era is superior.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

>bad heavily outweighs the good.

get over yourself faggot, it definitely doesn't.

>tfw you will never go down to a planet and have a qt 3.14 become instantly infatuated with you and grab your big android dick in the public square

You have clearly never watched VOY or ENT all the way through

I've also never pounded my dick with a mallet, why would I?

You just said the bad didn't heavily outweigh the good, implying you watched VOY/ENT

I've watched Voyager multiple times, I rewatched it last year and I'm currently rewatching it right now. It's comfy as fuck, nerd.

>I've watched Voyager multiple times
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

In fact, I re-watched Voyager, then re-watch DS9 for the 2nd time, and now I'm rewatching Voyager again. Voyager is my most watched trek, I used to catch every rerun and one summer maybe 10 years ago they marathoned it on the Space channel for hours every day and I watched it then too.

It's literally good.

>tfw when you will never have an android rape you in your sleep

How close was Enterprise to getting a season 5?

What is this meme from?

>Kira is a hero on Bajor. After the events of DS9, she's pretty much on a track to becoming the de facto leader of the planet. She's a resistance fighter who fought in a famous resistance cell and helped liberate the planet. She was liaison to two major religious figures and arch-enemy of a failed Kai. She's a celebrated hero of the Dominion war and right hand man of the literal Emissary of the Prophets. Kira is arguably the most powerful and celebrated person on her planet post-DS9 and its greatest military mind.
>greatest military mind

Wew lad. This entire post is so... entertaining.

>more like 20, franchise is deader than it was in the early 00s
The early 00s compared to now were rambunctious.

>Computer, run program "Feast of 6000 hams".

They had a campaign on Paramount lots to try and coax the execs to give it another chance. Didn't work.

What's sad is that the numbers they were pulling were actually good by comparison to most network television just 4-5 years later.

I understood that reference.

dear god, at least tell me you preferred kes to seven of nine

>its a casey biggs episode

why is it that people keep posting pics of BashirFaggot and I?

she's more attractive, whether or not she's actually a girl, and that's fine by me. Things like these is why I rarely post photos of myself online.

Literally eugh

I bet your braps don't smell as potent either

Star Trek is real. It will be real some day. The tech, it's all there. Just one big frightening difference- we won't find any other sentient life out there. We're not the prime universe, we're not even in mirror-verse.
We're the empty-verse.

its already real

isn't that the horizon
iirc they were just childhood friends

>just childhood friends
brap
*toot*

guessing this is just a decontamination chamber too eh

>Kira's lover (Bareil) just died
>Kira: I'm on duty in ops.

Literally staked the last bit of herself to the job.

>std can't even keep a general from 404'ing
worst series lmao

I hate brap posting but I love parp threads. What's up with that

I've only caught passing glimpses of STD and what I've seen disgusts me
>You shouldn't judge people based on their race!
>Remember the Tribbles? Turns out they were a bio-weapon engineered to win the war against the Klingons

*blocks your virginity*

>>You shouldn't judge people based on their race!

What's wrong with this? Star Trek has always been anti-racist, Sup Forumstard

Not when they're talking about the fucking Klingons!

How did they explain this again?

Would she, /trek/?

who cares

Augments
I don't give a shit what anyone says, those were some boss episodes

Augment virus, and that many fake beards would be too expensive so they shaved because it was hot or something.

>You
Different guy, genius

Very good, honestly, especially for the first season of a sci-fi show. They have been pretty apt at setting up a few basic things about the universe without getting too dull and establish-y about it, had some of their own takes on old Star Trek concepts as well as more modern stuff. Walks a pretty good line, especially with the comedy angle, between maintaining a positive outlook and not shying away from things not always working out.

It's made a few mistakes, and had to get a handle on Seth McFarlane's humour (the first episode is heavy-handed with it, then it gets both downscaled and much better in quality episode by episode), but honestly I very heartily recommend it.

The USS Waifuprise is ready to launch
Form the bridge crew:
* Captain
* First officer
* Chief of security
* Chief engineer
* Chief medical officer
* Science officer
* Conn

Damn. The STD threads are fizzling out at 50-or-so posts before being pruned. Say what you will about our STD brothers, but that's just sad.

Where did STD go so wrong? What can we learn from its mistakes? And what can we do to prevent the next Star Trek show to fail as well?

I wish people would stop bullying Troi, it's not her fault the writers didn't know what to do with her. She was also incredibly beautiful, it's a shame Greeks age like milk.

Captain: Ezri Dax
XO: Number One (young Majel Barrett)
Security: Kira
Chief engineer: Sonya Gomez
Doctor: Elisabeth Lense
Science officer: T'Pol
Conn: Yeoman Colt (because ultimate waifu)

>The USS Waifuprise is ready to launch
>Form the bridge crew:
> * Captain
Demoted Alynna Nechayev
> * First officer
Kira Nerys
> * Chief of security
Sito Jaxa
> * Chief engineer
Sonia Gomez
> * Chief medical officer
Beverley Crusher
> * Science officer
Jadzia Dax
> * Conn
Robin Lefler

Kill Kurtzman?

Fire everyone involved, revoke their union memberships and deport them. Then only hire people who like Star Trek and want to make Star Trek rather than stupid grimdark edgy shit.

Why, if nostalgia is such a powerful marketing force, are they all determined to just use the name and ignore everything that came before it? We want Star Trek.

But I though Discovery was a huge success and everyone loved it? Did the marketers disappear now that it was renewed for S2?

This is what killed the Discovery threads.

vocaroo.com/i/s04b8KZl87wz

Yes, acronyms fucking tore our peaceful Trek community apart.

What's with the recent antipathy for Memory Alpha in /trek/ threads? Are we being invaded?

>imdb user reviews
>imdb.com/title/tt5171438/reviews
>"best" reviews completly destroy the show
kek, cbs shills must be so mad

>the last straw

>it keeps happening

I think it might be a kneejerk reaction, since Discovery has caused so much drama people are lashing out on Memory Alpha who are just doing what they are supposed to be doing.

why does this shoe get so much love? I started watching it again and i'll admit the quark parts are good but come on all these threads?

Yeah, why do people have tastes that are different than my own? Everybody should like the exact same things, and those things should be determined by me.

I am German. As opposed to apparently the vast majority of US citizens and in accordance with most of my fellow countrymen I'm not proud of my country. But I feel like defending us where we are being treated with unjustified contempt.

Where is Germany in Star Trek? Aside from extremely rare casual references there has never been anyone or anything German on Star Trek. Well, with the striking exception of those three Nazi episodes (and an upcoming fourth one). So is it that we should feel honored to be featured more often than other nations that have no place in an all-American Trek universe? Germany has a recorded history more than four times as long as the USA, it has been the home to countless world-famous philosophers, authors, composers, inventors or physicists. Reducing all this to the twelve years of one barbarian regime completely misses the mark. It was a long enough way to overcome the years of 1933-1945 that had brought insufferable pain upon Europe. Germany is grateful for the support that it has received to recover after the war, in spite of the German war crimes that were naturally present in the minds of the former enemies. Today Germany is a country with people of all flavors who want to and who have a right to live their lives in peace and without being treated as if they were all latent criminals.

T H I C C

Sup Forums's need for waifus is greater than its hatred of tripfags, even if nobody is willing to admit it

oh fuck off you cant expect another country to make media just for yours. Make it yourselves you lazy fucks or admit that you cant

I wish I never found Star Trek, why do the 90s shows have to be so fucking comfy

I literally never watch any new TV shows that are out because investing in something new is too much work and I don't want to put in the emotional or psychological effort to ingest it.

Literally all I watch now is TNG, DS9, VOY on repeat

I'm honestly surprised that Whoppi Goldberg has not reprised her role as Guinan for STD

She has gone full blown nutjob and openly supports Antifa now and has used her show to try and get Trump impeached. The politics of STD are a perfect fit for her.