Sunday Symbiote General: Return of the Brock edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vkfAKF_wkhc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Flash will never be Venom again

Why even live?

He may be able to be Toxin, user.

Will Sasuke lose badly to him?

That's cool but I'm not sure if I would enjoy that as much as him still being Venom.

Also I still like Eddie as Anti-Venom.

I want to see Brock meet Mania.

Watch it only be for 1 issue, and then the next issue which is the 150th special kills Eddie.

They'll give him some other Symbiote (maybe Toxin) and a new name. Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened.

Eddie and the Symbiote haven't exactly been on good terms lately (Eddie tried killing it a bunch of times), I wonder how they'll justify this.

Was about time

Battered wife syndrome.

So what happened to thompson? What happened to toxin? Wtf is going on?

And replaces him with someone not white so Marvel can get globalization points. I mean sure Venom can attach to anyone, but Marvel's game of "fill-the-race-niche" is getting old.

We don't know what happened to Flash, I don't think.

Toxin was one of the ones that Eddie targeted when he went turbo-religion "Symbiotes are evil demons" mode.

>What happened to Toxin?

I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Eddie gave it to a girl infected with Eldritch Carnage and connected to Kasady's mind in an attempt to stop him from summoning not-Cthulhu.

Then he turned into a purple symbiote grill.

Then he evolved into some kind of divine symbiote angel paladin and beat the shit out of not-Cthulhu until it went back to its dimension.

Then it disappeared.

So for all we know he's MIA and might or might not have reached cosmic levels of power.

Where you read this?

Latest Carnage run that just finished.

It is good?

I liked it save for the last issue which was clearly rushed and "killed" Toxin, probably all planned so Eddie could get back sooner to be Venom again and get those sweet nostalgia money.

>ywn have you own symbiote
>ywn hear your symbiote say how you're the best host it's ever had
>ywn hear your symbiote say how glad it is to be bonded to you
>ywn hear your symbiote say how it will stay bonded to you forever
>ywn hear the sound of your symbiote's voice inside your mind
>ywn feel your symbiote wrap around you on those cold winter nights
>ywn hear your symbiote whisper sweet nothings into your ear as you feel asleep in its cocoon
>ywn be pleased sexuall by your symbiote
>ywn listen to the screams of women and children as you bathe in the blood of the innocent and crush their skulls in the palm of your hand while your symbiote tells you what a good job you're doing

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

I guess it wasn't a broken promise...

Is this Costa guy any good as a writer?

Who are characters not from Marvel you feel would be good hosts for certain Symbiotes? I feel like Venom and Negan from Image would get along pretty well.

He's written a lot of stuff for IDW, Marvel, and DC, but I've only read his Transformers and Wildstorm stuff. I can't remember his Transformers stuff, but his Secret History of the Authority: Hawksmoor sucked.

That would make a great issue 150. Meaning it's not going to happen.

And what do you think will happen to Lee? I liked him. So much better than Flash.

Eddie'll kill him

>liking Lee better than Flash
Shit taste detected

Dammit, son.

>Flashfags with butthurt
When they will learn? There's only one good Venom after Eddie and it's Lee.

why haven't they done a horror comic whit a symbiote since eddy ? it souds like gold

They had one maybe ten years ago? It was pretty godawful. Set in Alaska or something.

His Transformers run was ass. He had to pick up after All Hail Megatron, and it's a painful read until Roberts comes in.

Was that why I forgot about it?

Was he the one who was really fucking awful about pushing Drift?

Great baiting there, user. I'll send you a medal.

Carnage USA was the closest to horror they got I think.

Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=vkfAKF_wkhc

I'm thinking of the '03-'04 Venom series, written by Way and drawn by Scottie Young.

The original intent was for it to be a horror comic, but it devolved into superhero faire by the end.

no the guys a fucking idiot
he has no basic knowledge of how the symbiotes work (he had venom engulfed in flames and not feel a thing) he confused the origin with TAS and created the worst OC donut steel host it makes you long for the Cargan days

Eddie as Anti-Venom
Flash as Agent Venom

Anything else is just "muh nostalgia". On the plus side, maybe Marvel is starting to get tired of shitting on their old fans and want to pull a "Rebirth" of their own?

Not until Brevoort's out of the picture. He's the one who's outright admitted that Marvel works to piss off its fans because they sell more books when people are angry.

He should start hanging out with Stan Lee if you know what I'm saying

Won't work. No one loves Brevoort.

>he confused the origin with TAS
What do you mean?

>"muh nostalgia"
No, it's more like being an actual Venom fan who's over the age of 20 faggot

Retconned the symbiote's origins.

You mean this solo claimed that Spider-Man got the Symbiote from a crashed spaceship instead of from Battleworld?

it claimed that the symbiote made spidey more agressive and had to get rid of it

Have you ever made a Symbiote OC?

I'm making one.

Venom is a witch! WITCH!

He's not the first author to make that mistake, won't be the last.

PROVE IT

Carnage

No thanks, I prefer Horsemage.

What is the point of blatant bait like this?

I'm genuinely curious, I can see him being killed like pic related, but I'd really like for him to get kicked up to super villain status, Venom doesn't really have a dedicated villains list and I'm all for getting him started fighting a character that everyone was supposed to hate from the moment he was introduced.

Venom IS a villain.

At best he's Punisher-tier. Having recurring characters for him when he's the "lethal protector" and kills street-level crooks is stupid.

>that bulge
Made my young self real confused and horny

I miss him

I disagree, the Agent Venom run did a good job of setting him up with a small rogues gallery using Jack O Lantern and Crime Master, and there is always Carnage, and that run did a very good job at having him be a hero without forcing the No Kill rule on him.

I'm gonna miss him. Giving Carnage an Eldritch/Dark Magic boost was a an idea I didn't even know I wanted.

Agent Venom is a different character. All Flash ever wanted to be was a hero. Eddie thinks he can murder his way inti being one.

Having Brock become a villain again would be regressive.

Did you not read the Agent Venom storyline where Eddie started killing all Symbiotes and their hosts?

Brock wasn't really wrong though.

I'm still working on it. I got the color down to light gray and working on either making him a stealthy trickster or a gossiping asshole who likes to spreading rumors.

Sure he was. He killed Hybrid's host for no reason, and then didn't even fully succeed in killing the symbiote.

why not both?

if that was the case they'd quit trying to throw the X-men under the bus

You're right.
I guess now I give him proper powers that aren't OP. Suggestions?

The worst part is that Eddie's victims didn't even deserve it. Like maybe if they were actual active threats who were causing havoc like Carnage I could see the reason why Eddie would want to put them down but both Hybrid and Scream literally did nothing wrong.

The fuck was Eddie's problem here?

Who should get Venom'd next?

Sif

well, since he's sneaky, why not make him be able to meld with the shadows? maybe the host has a carnage tier bond with the symbiote, allowing him to pull shit like that?

Oh, shit the finale is out?

Isn't that just a normal symbiote power? I remember Venom doing a lot of camouflage stuff where he became practically invisible back in the late 80s/early 90s. Something they ignore nowadays.

>Symbiote Vampire Jubes

I'm assuming since the symbiotes are transformers, it's true. Why do writers keeping forgetting powers?
Also, names would be great. I'm terrible with them.

Bring her back, Marvel.

i don't mean that since he's dark, he can blend in with darkness. i meant it in a literal sense, as in the symbiote is able to flatten/morph to fit in any kind shadow. gives a lot of sneaky vibes desu. i don't remember venom pulling shit to that extent. even if he did, it doesn't seem like he is anymore. might as well incorporate it.

also used to be able to do this

Granted, some of the powers are just plain overpowered. Like Venom and Carnage being able to kill people over phone lines by extending a super-thin tendril through the wires, or do battle in the digital world by plugging themselves into computers. Or the camouflage. Or the extreme shapeshifting. Or turning into blobs and passing through bars and other obstacles.

It's a lot easier to remember "Just like Spider-Man, but better."

Venom used to go outright invisible, user. Or mimic the colors of stuff around him. Depending on the writer.

And that one What If where the Symbiote latched onto the Punisher, shapeshifting into any weapon Frank wanted and providing infinite ammo.

>The fuck was Eddie's problem here?
My brother is a huge dripping eddiefag and that whole heel-turn in the back half of agent venom gets to him. It was such an asspull and agent venom was so solid going into it. Then bendis venom happens and now we got lee and I feel so bad for my bro 'cause there's no way this is going to be handled well.
I mean, best case scenario you either piss off flash guys or eddie guys and you'll probably piss off both.

right, right, but THIS is different because instead of having chameleon esque abilities, this symbiote literally blends into the shadows like a spooky shadow person
it's totally different, i swear

Not very stealthy is it?

Honestly, as a Flashfag, as long as the Klyntar shit gets jettisoned I'm cool with whatever.

Do Symbiotes still need to eat brains/people? I'm not caught up yet.

I never understood the symbiote.
Did it want to kill Peter? Eat Peter? Fuck Peter and like make babies with him?

Because its personality WILDLY changes any time Peter seemed open to a second chance. And then there's the whole GOTG stuff, that I dont fucking know about, where the symbiote was damaged but actually part of a GOOD SYMBIOTE CLAN?

Think of it has a moody crazy ex-girlfriend. She hates and wants to slash open your guts but still loves you. Peter was its first.

if there wasn't any chocolate around, probably