How high are your hopes for X-Men resurrection? I have hopes X-Men Blue because of roster and writer...

How high are your hopes for X-Men resurrection? I have hopes X-Men Blue because of roster and writer. The others are just waiting and see how they fuck up and get cancelled at issue 7-13. (Iceman better flop though)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtolovecomics.com/2016/10/25/resurrxion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Slim to none, Cable is the only book that might be decent.

As long as they're fun, adventurous, well-drawn, filled with exotic mutants in colorful spandex, and it has Nightcrawler in it, I don't give a damn.

I hope Jean brings back rightclops. He has been through plently of shit for her bullshit so saving him after he struck a blow for Mutants is the right thing to do.

Do we know what Weapon X will be about yet?

How much information do we even have for this?

no logan, no rigthclops this shit isnt x-men

Uhh.. From my quick 5-second google search, it's about "This is totally X-Force but read it because Domino and Wolverine are in it"

Does this mean Cable gets his powers back?

calling it right now, in the Cable book, they're going to bring back rightclops through phoenix force, time travel, and all the Grey's and Summers' teaming up to bring him back in a slightly lamer/cooler outfit.

Fuck Iceman.
I want to support the X-fags but I won't do any more drivel. The last like, three solid years has been blatant shitting on every mutant ever and I just can't. It's not even well written shitting. I want blue to be good, I want cable to be good but I'm not hopeful.

TL;DR I think it's all going to suck.

Haven't heard much about this. Can someone give me a quick rundown?

They need the bring back Exiles then they'll have my attention.

You didn't like that iceman arc where he nearly brought about ragnorok?

My hopes are low.

But I hope teen Jean Grey suffers a brutal, horrible and painful death during her likely short lived run.

howtolovecomics.com/2016/10/25/resurrxion/

user...

Cable has the best creative team, Weapon X has Pak but is also the containment book for Land, and Generation X at least has some promise, though my hopes are low.

Everything else is gonna be mediocre to godawful, though.

Did Hope and O5 Jean ever meet?

Definitely not. I forget what happens to Hope at the end of cable's xforce but she disappears at the end of that and hasn't been seen in anything current.

Wait, Old Man Logan is in X-men Gold? I thought he was in his own timeline thing.

>Marvel
>hope

He's currently in present 616 fighting alongside the other xmen.

He's on IvX infact.

"Slim to none". Cyclops isn't in these books?

x fag here

I dont like it because I like change, having a completely different roster of uncanny xmen every couple of years with new, minor, obscure characters, a mix of a b and c list characters, have Wolverine and Storm, but also people like Longshot or Dazzler.
The 05 Bendis brought from the past IS the most antichange, reactionary thing Marvel has done in their storytelling.

Also, adult Cyclops and Emma were my favorite characters and I think I will be missing both for a long time.

I will still get the two team books, cable and weapon x.

Do any solicitations reveal how fucked is Emma, post IvX?

no, but we know there is a fight between Medusa and Emma in the last issue, the cover has Emma mind controlling everyone, making them vow to her, and after that issue the Inhuman toyal family goes to space in search of answers because mutants won and the terrigen was destroyed.

It seems likely she dies destroying the second cloud, or does something terribly immoral to destroy the second cloud.
I hope she just goes into hiding, like, they think she is dead because she shattered in diamond form, and they rebuild her in secret, something that has already happened.

Why won't Marvel give me young Logan back?

For a moment I thought Spider had a big yellow beak.

>How high are your hopes for X-Men resurrection?
I don't have any.
I just expect things to remain the same as right now with X-Men Blue, Weapon X and maybe Cable being mediocre books while everything else is absolute shit.
As a result the franchise will still remain directionless and boring as fuck.

Then, just as you think that the ok books might be going into their own interesting directions given time, they'll mandate a shitty event that stops every book in the franchise dead.
And after that's over we get about half an arc of aftermath. Finally everything is cancelled and they'll launch a different batch of books that have nothing in common with the books we just had and won't continue any story thread from them whatsoever.

Then this cycle repeats until Marvel crashes.

Next major X-Men event they should try to build as hard as possible towards a full-blown fucking time/space/dimension epic that ultimately resolves and undoes all the retarded shit Bendis and Aaron inflicted on the franchise.

>Beast not insufferable but fun
>Storm not insufferable and boring as drying paint
>Cyclops alive again, still making hard calls, but drop the terrorism, apparently it doesn't work. Marry him with Emma.
>Nuke the teen O5 and OML from the timestream
>Wolverine alive again, but back to being a fighter or field leader on teams, not a fucking moral fucking authority
>ungay Iceman
>maybe revive Charles or don't, I don't really care, to be honest
etc.

You can argue that going back to a more conventional status quo is a sign of weakness and pandering to nostalgia. But as it stands, so many of the core X-Men are in places where they are utterly ruined, it simply seems like a herculean effort of character development is necessary to fix all of this shit the conventional way. So unless a fucking god tier X-Men writer just materialises at Marvel out of nowhere in the next year or two who can fix all of this shit from right where we are, I'd say putting most things back to roughly before Schism seems like a good idea. Just drop the decimation, though, obviously.

Generation X and who gives a fuck about the rest.

Seconded.

I'm a huge Generation X nerd (I'm pretty certain I have every single one of their appearances as a team) and I really hope this new book doesn't suck.