Why the fuck aren't you hyped?

Why the fuck aren't you hyped?

>Patrick Rothfuss’s bestselling contemporary fantasy trilogy The Kingkiller Chronicle is now in the works at the premium cable network with Lin-Manuel Miranda set as executive producer. The Hamilton Tony winner will compose music for the series as well. Writer-producer John Rogers (Leverage) will serve as showrunner.

>The series “will follow a pair of wandering performers on their adventures through the unique and startling world of Temerant, immersing audiences in a universe of unexpected heroes, mystical places, and terrifying dark forces.”

>The first season will be a “subversive origin story of legendary proportions set a generation before the events of the trilogy’s first novel, The Name of the Wind.”

>“Pat Rothruss’ Kingkiller series is some of the most exciting storytelling I have ever read,” Miranda said. “I could not be more thrilled to help bring the sights and sounds of his wondrous world of Temerant to the screen.”

>Lin-Manuel Miranda
that's going to be a no for me

>Joe Rogan as showrunner

>The first season will be a “subversive origin story of legendary proportions set a generation before the events of the trilogy’s first novel, The Name of the Wind.”

Oh, gods no.
This is gonna be fuck yeah gipsy thing with the 'Ruh isn't it.

Probably about kvothes parents.

>every female character is super hot and only exists to suck the mc's dick
i expect controversy

>Hyped for Rothfuss's shit
yuck

>It's another "let's adapt a serie of nooks the author won't finish episode"

>it's an "MC learns how to fuck from a demon" episode

>its a virgin MC out-fucks a literal sex goddess episode.

>it's a 'mc learns karate from an amazon, and then fucks her' episode

The books went to shit in part 2 and 3 will likely never be finished because that fat fuck Rothfuss is too busy writing about his autistic kids.
The series not being about Kvothe is actually good news, though I don't find the rest of the world interesting enough to warrant a series. At least this is probably a cheap series to adapt. Not very cgi heavy at all.

Degenerate

Literallly Reddit: the fantasy series

first book was mediocre and apparently it only got worse. why the fuck would i be hyped?

>Hurrrrr noble gypsies getting mistreated by bigoted white townsfolk

I was looking through my reaction folder but couldn't find a picture that adequately describes my disgust.

The series is material for a mediocre anime at best.
>parents killed by ancient evil
>MC swears revenge
>is super clever
>learns magic and how to fight
>acquires harem including girls with every typical character archetype
>???

ah the a game of thrones walking dead attention span. will i like this and can you give me a tldr of your wall of txt pls op

>You maybe the one fucking Denna for money, stranger but I'm the one who is spiritually more close to her, we have real connection and convesations
This is the biggest cuck self insert in history of fantasy books. Can't wait.

I just don't get why he even wants to be with Denna. He gets pussy left and right and Denna is basically a better prostitute. Not to mention she's lying quite a lot.

His books are shit

>ah the a
wtf i meant to type "i have a".

Are we about to be inundated with shitty GoT imitations? I like fantasy but I don't want an era of crownshit.

>tfw dropped the first book 80% in and heard it only gets worse
only so much of descriptions one man can possibly take

If you didn't notice he is the biggest white knight in the county, he thinks of her as his first love. That's it basically. Besides, they really didn't have time to talk after he returned from that ninja academy, where all females think that you don't need a man to get pregnant, maybe his attitude changed (it probably didn't). Anyway, I have a scalding feeling that he's going to pull out "unreliable narrator" in the last book, so none of this will matter.

but GoT is the reason we got Rome

Someone post the two pastas.
You all know the ones I'm talking about.

I have about as much respect for The Kingkiller Chronicle as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

Umm no you fucking cunt.

>It's a Patrick masturbates in your face via Kvothe and then says the unreliable narrator justifies it episode
>without giving any meaningful indication that he's actually unreliable.

I doubt you can even finish the whole story in the last book.
I mean he has to get his demon buddy, do all the other legendary stuff and probably defeat the big evil.

Before I say anything lets establish something; fantasy as a genre is responsible for the worst books on earth and most of the fantasy "books" that are released each year are worse than internet fanfics.

Having said that, the name of the wind is actually good. I don't mean good for fantasy I mean it's good. So the fact that they are making a show out of it is good news.

He's an unreliable narrator.

Game of Thrones is the reason we got Sopranos, deadwood and The Wire

Admit the first book was good you fucking edgelords hopefully they just use Book 1 and then let some decent writers take over

Wasn't him getting memed by soldiers despite knowing superior pussy wing chun style kinda already a justification that he's bullshitting everyone and his "Oh, just rusty, guys," was damage control that both of them have seen through?

Nah, that happened because Kvothe locked his name in the thrice-locked chest.

It's like you paid no attention.

He didn't use magic, didn't even attempt to use it, and he really never needed it when he was fighting. I literally mean that kung fu shit that he learned in Ademre. Wing chun is a women self defense style, or at least it was conceived as such.

>it's another episode of a fat bearded writer gets filthy rich of a bastardised tv series before ever finishing the actual books

Unreliable narrator works when there's internal inconsistency that a sharp reader can pick up, the narrator himself doesn't grasp the significance of certain events, or if the narrator is unstable in their telling.
Rothfuss is not adept at writing any of those, and comes across as writing wish fulfillment but not having the guts to go all the way.
A better example in the same genre would be the Dresden Files, where the narrator refuses to acknowledge the evident flaws in some of his friends, and the women get mysteriously sexier the longer he goes without getting laid.

>trilogy
lel. gurm junior gonna cardiac arrest before he finishes it

>from the writer of Transformers (2006)!
>aaaand Young Justice
hmm. ambivalent. least we already know it's geared for YA audiences

The demon apprentice basically confirms he's bullshitting hard when Kvothe says his love interest in the most beautiful in the world. He gets pissy when the demon tries to say she really wasn't all that beautiful.

You haven't heard? It's coming.

denna is literally the worst girl in the entire series

>>subversive

rubbingHands.jpg

I'm glad books like Stormlight are getting more traction in fantasy.
I'm fucking sick of the same edgy twats that think they're being original by making people unlikable, making the antagonist read the script, slapping on the term "genre subversion" and calling it a day

I've read some really putrid genre fiction, but this smug, overhyped mess is almost the only one that really makes me angry. You can practically hear Rothfuss fapping over his own smartness while "subverting tropes" in the most shallow way possible, and the whole internet fucking loves it.

What about the pedobait autist girl? IIRC he wrote some novella about her exclusively.

tl;dr on stormlight

Largest Kingdom in the setting is fighting some people that killed their former king. New king barely has control over the Lords, so the war is going nowhere. Meanwhile the King's sister is carrying out a mysterious work relating to their enemy.
3 main PoVs
1) Former soldier turned slave trying first to just survive, then trying to keep his team alive.
2) Lady of an impoverished house trying to suck up to the Princess and steal an artifact by trying to be their ward
3) The old King's brother trying to unite the kingdom and finally get the war over with, so they can go home and sort their fractured nation out.

Also has one off chapters in the interludes that show other things going on in the background.

So Kvothe is a bull shitting wifu lover?

Its a shit book series.

reddit is making a movie? cool

Ready Player one will come out soon yes, user.
I hope you're ready for the next wave of big zimbabwe theory

Shannara won't even deliver on that, dammit.

I refuse to watch this and support patrick rothfuss, hes a lazy shit of an author. Hes disappointed fans for years, and i want to see the remains of his career burn when this series is inevitablly revealed to be trash that no one likes

Ah the classic GRRM maneuver. Make your shitty books into an even more shitty tv show before actually finishing your fucking books

What book series does Sup Forums actually like?

>an author that also streams video games

U aven a giggle m8?

>In high-school Pat was something of a class clown. His hobbies included reading a novel or two a day and giving relationship advice to all his friends despite the fact that he had never so much as kissed a girl. He also role-played and wrote terrible stories about elves. He was pretty much a geek.
>For the next seven years Pat studied anthropology, philosophy, eastern religions, history, alchemy, parapsychology, literature, and writing. He studied six different martial arts, practiced improv comedy, learned how to pick locks, and became a skilled lover of women. He also began writing a satirical advice column which he continues to this day: The College Survivial Guide. Through all of this he continued to work on his novel.
>Now Pat teaches half-time at his old school as an assistant-sub-lecturer. He is underpaid but generally left alone to do as he sees fit with his classes. He is advisor for the college feminists, the fencing club, and, oddly enough, a sorority. He still roll-plays occasionally, but now he does it in an extremely sophisticated, debonair way.

I can't wait for them to replace the red headed skinny main character with some nigger.

How as a writer, he couldn't see the amount of delusion and mental gymnastics that are oozing from this page alone, what the hell. Is this intentional?

the fuck is a thrice locked chest?

This greentext sounds like it was written by Rothfuss about Rothfuss.
>a skilled lover of women
I doubt it.
>he is underpaid
You teach "half-time as an assistant sub-lecturer". How much do you expect a part-time assistant teacher to make?

You fucking pleb, he's just subverting the trope of the main character being even a bit of well-adjusted or relatable.

>like it was written by Rothfuss about Rothfuss
Jesus motherfucking Christ, I think it was. It's on his Facebook and Goodreads profiles.

A chest Kvothe keeps in the inn where he's hiding under the name Kote.

The idea is that he locked his name there (Kvothe) to be able to become Kote.