DCEU

Zachary Levi has just been announced as Shazam. What do you think of this casting? Do you think he's going to show up in Flashpoint?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm2849655/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr1
imdb.com/name/nm1693493/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like it. He's naturally silly enough to make it work. He needs to get in shape quick though.

Is it true he's a homo-sexual?

He didn't marry Yvonne Strahovski, I'd say yes

>Why are you filming my scenes last?

>What are all these drugs you're injecting me with?

Kino

>What do you think of this casting?
I don't care because Shazam is a shit character and WB can't make a movie to save their life.

Zachary gets fucked quick by Cate in Ragnarok.

This is good if he gets Cavill level ripped

>this nigga gonna fight the fucking rock

oh right they delayed the rocks black adam movie

Nobody wants "waaahhhh stop criticizing me and my movies" representing a character or franchise

Expect someone else to play Black Adam

If he can double his size, then it will be good. I've liked him since Chuck.

I do see him as an overgrown child

A white male lead in this [insert current year] ? And they have cast a POC as villain ?
DROPPED.

Should have cast a black xir as lead and white as villain.

>not John Cena
>not Channing Tatum
>another Jewey JewJew
Not surprised, they had to make sure he can't compete with Cavill lookswise.

>mfw Zach is getting a chance to go A list
Who /Chuck/ here?

No he doesn't. I don't remember Captain Marvel ever being shirtless.

I don't think non-4channitors care about Dwayne Johnson heavily shilling Baywatch.

jesus christ

are they going to CGI his entire body? or did they discover super steroids that would make him jacked as fuck?

I'm surprised he's not black.

He can do the Tim Burton Zack Snyder approach where he wears a costume of muscles.

CRITIC detected

He's a Jew?

only happens to 2nd string villains and background characters see:Perry White, Valkyrie, Deadshot, Baron Mordo, Heimdall..
What was he gonna be the Big Black Cheese now? Don't answer that

Was he cast because his face looks boyish?

Because if that's the case then they've already misinterpreted the character.

Good casting

>how numales take pictures.jpg

Why is he talking like a nigger?

If you've seen Blue Mountain State you know they should've used Thad Castle. This Zackary Levi dipshit doesn't even have a comic book face.

who did they cast for Billy?

I think it's because Billy is a 10 year old boy that becomes Captain Marvel so they cast a guy that has soft boyish features instead of a strong chinned super hero.

Why do people still want to be cast in DC movies? At this point, it's nothing but a death blow to an already failing career.

So they've never looked at a Captain Marvel comic. Awesome.

He's been in all those godawful Thor movies. He has no reason to turn down a leading role in a DCEU film.

clearly, that to me indicates this isn't going to be a properly done Captain Marvel movie and will be heavily rewritten to match someones vision instead of being an adaptation.

He's black when it's useful.
That makes no sense considering Shazam's appearance is supposed to be Billy's ideal look and in other origins an almost carbon copy of his dead father. But fuck it, it's a story of a little boy who gets touched by an old guy that helps him become a man, let 'em do whatever

If they were deadset on making Captain Marvel a lowtest queer they should've went the extra mile and made the character a woman. Imagine if Billy was still Billy but when shouting SHAZAM he turns into a girl.

thor is marvel tho. they still have a good image

he was? who was he in Thor?

of course it makes no sense to us, I'm trying to interpret the casting directors intent

this is the guy that wrote the screenplay imdb.com/name/nm2849655/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr1

this is the casting director

imdb.com/name/nm1693493/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr10

this isn't an anime if you want that go watch birdy the mighty

he was one of his warrior friends. the dude with the sword if i'm not mistaken

He's the only reason SHAZAM is getting made.

he was one of the warriors 3?

>He chose his middle name as his stage name because his agent told him that "a guy named Zach Pugh would not be going far in Hollywood".[5]
Wiki

He's Christian.

Does this mean he will be in Justice League 2? Is that how this stuff works?

And he's dead now.

yay?

they didn't do anything anyway

Well DC said recently that they don't have to make movies that all take place in the same universe so his could be disconnected from the DCEU, same for Rock's Black Adam movie.

Not Tatum
Dropped

Billy constantly gets shit on so let me give a taste of what's going to happen.

He'll show up to join his idols The Justice League of America the best of the best, they don't know he's really a 10 year old boy and shit all over him for fucking up and being immature.

He gets disillusioned and calls them out on not being good guys, Batman gets suspicious and finds out he's a 10 year old orphan that lost his parents and instead of brooding about it for the rest of his life letting it consume him he's generally a bright eyed happy kid.

This is very upsetting for everyone in the JLA and and when they go to make amends Billy tells them he decided to make his own family and introduces The Marvels.

In between some of this I dunno Superman fights him cuz reasons.

Billy lives in the sewers btw if not a shit orphanage, his outlook on life really disturbs Batman.

>Yvonne Strahovski will never be Black Canary
shame

>Billy lives in the sewers btw if not a shit orphanage, his outlook on life really disturbs Batman.
Probably because Batman saw his parents shot in the face and became a grimdark crusader, meanwhile Billy is this sweet cheery optimist street urchin who makes the Dalai Lama look like Anton Barksdale.

He doesn't need to become absolutely huge, he'll be the antman of D
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
Name one lead role superhero in a movie after Xmen 1/Batman begins/Ang Lee Hulk (whichever came first) that doesn't have at least one 2 second shirtless scene
He doesn't need "super" steroids to look superhero level buff in a year

Depending on who's rebooting Billy sometimes he see's his parents get killed or finds their bodies, they were killed in an effort to resurrect Black Adam as they were archeologists and their assistant was a religious fanatic who stole his sister after killing his parents.

Anyway he ends up with nothing and lives on the streets trying to get by and be a good kid while Batman has fucking everything and is consumed with his parents death.

>He doesn't need to become absolutely huge
Yes he does. His whole shtick is being a jolly giant.

They hired a guy with no jaw. Give up.

I wondered where I recognized him from. He was pretty good. Could do serious and childlike equally well. He just needs to really, really, bulk up.

I'd actually prefer a rendition of First Thunder, where Superman basically browbeats the wizard Shazam for turning a kid into something as heavy as a hero, and then befriends the kid.

But, yeah, if they cross anyone over I can actually imagine them using Batman. Realistically he would be equally powerless while shouting at the wizard, because both would in theory get wrecked if he took offense.

he played the one in the middle in the second movie

Batman has 20 Gotham movies to cameo in. I think the director for this flick has mentioned that he wants Billy to meet his idol Superman.

>Looking through his filmography
>Find out he played Arcade Gannon in Fallout NV

Batman would be able to empathize with Billy the most seeing as they both lost their parents while knowing them, Superman never knew his parents.

I don't know if that's a good idea in the first movie, takes away from Billy

More like Anal Gaynon

why is he so insecure? he has it all.

When he's mooching off of Vin's F&F franchise it's fine, but when he puts his own money into a product (see Baywatch) all of a sudden he thinks he's James Cameron and deserves the big bucks and critical acclaim

Arcade was oddly my favorite character and companion, aside from Raul, so you can tell the writer and VA are good when they can overide my disdain for degenerates.

Then again, it was kept subtle, a few references you could miss, and the ability to use a perk I've never taken on him.

Is that Chuck?

Formerly

nice to see Zac get a good role he's had some bad luck recently, thought he was done in hollywood.

I thought they picked the Rock hes been on cavills instagram and everything wtf?

His NerdHQ panels at Comic Con were always great and it was a shame they had to cancel them his year because they couldn't get the money together and remain profitable.
I always liked the casual laid-back nature of them, most of them were just actors from different shows just hanging out for an hour talking about fun shit they enjoyed doing instead of shilling their latest projects non-stop.

Fuck yes.

He's black Adam

>inb4 they cast Frog Wolfhard as Billy

Who's steve carell gonna play?

I only watch it for Yvonne. and i don't think she would have gone anyway since her and Zac aren't friends anymore.

So did Ray Stevenson. Shame.

Who should play Steamboat?

He was meant to play the one in the middle right from the first movie but there was scheduling conflicts or some shit. He plays him in 2 and 3.

Apparently he's a fucking nerd and was pissed his actor friends were getting vidya roles when they weren't even into that stuff.

Well he scored a role in the best fallout game, so good on him.

why not?

They had a falling out?
Was it because she showed her boobs in that awful noir movie with Adrian Brody?

no idea. i think he's salty because she married someone else.

He was married to Missy Peregrym for a while. He has no reason to bitch.

Boyega. Then someone should tell him to shut the fuck up about his "lack" of representation.

>Captain Marvel

Fuck off, retard.

Why should he workout?

Because he needs to fill out the suit. I want to see pics of him and Cavill in the gym.

The director of the movie confirmed that it's part of the shared universe. Apparently there was some confusion because the movie was being developed by Dark Horse and not Warner itself.

Also, the Black Adam movie is not in the works anymore, it's just the Shazam movie. And if everything goes according to how's it planned now, Cavill's Superman will appear in it.

Zac finally tweeted about it saying he's going to be in the gym for the rest of forever.

glad to see him getting a big role. everyone go watch Chuck.

>4 hour workout
are those guys retarded or something?

>Name one lead role superhero in a movie after Xmen 1/Batman begins/Ang Lee Hulk (whichever came first) that doesn't have at least one 2 second shirtless scene

When Billy turns into Shazam, he's never been a case when he's NOT in his costume.

>4 hour workout
too much or too little?

>le skinny jew hired to play this

he's not jewish despite his last name actually.

I do hope he has a shoulder cape.

The more I look at him, the more I think he can pull it off

Damn I was hoping for channing tatum