Who was the best character this season?

Who was the best character this season?

I really thought pic related should win an oscar for how diverse she was.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/030JFzvHcb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This

>she

she can shit on my street

the hipster faggot policeman....soooooo ironic....lol

Billy's dad

Fuck these faggot characters.
>muh life was so bad now it means I can fuck over any average joe trying to make an honest living.

Shit characters. Shitty characters.
>were not robbing you haha just the digusting capitalist society you work for.

It was Bob. Anyone who says otherwise is a bully.

It felt so weird hearing her speak with a thick British accent and I don't know why.

>should win an oscar for how diverse she was.
She isn't diverse though. According to IMDB she is Danish, therefore white since race is a social construct. Seriously episode 7 was a fucking joke

i can't wait for ep7, it's so great seeing how badly the duffer hipsters have fucked a turd after giving birth to it...lol

She's not very good at conveying emotion its like fucking fatter, shorter, indian Dany

Why did Paj8 speak with an Indian/British accent? Was she from America or did the Hawkins Lab import her from India? Is she half white and Eleven's biological sister?

She and her group were truly horrible characters. It was like some 14 year olds first Shadowrun group.

Everyone's a stereotype with shit dialogue.

people actually unironically looked like this in the 80s, kiddo.

>Why do you look like an MTV punk?

Just because the show is self-aware doesn't mean it didn't straddle the line into ridiculous.

she goes in and out of that accent though because she was actually born in Denmark. At least that is what she is being billed as even though my guess is that she was adopted at a very young age and still has some of her punjabi accent left since her real last name is a Danish surname.

tldr; she fucking sucks

Easy answer

God, she as a major role in a wildly popular television show; they could have at least given her American accent coaching lessons.

also I just gatta say that little fucking red headed dyke cunt is way too fucking insufferable as well. They shouldnt have introduced any new characters except maybe the chad dude that counters Steve.

season 2 is SHIT. broke my heart they ruined that show as well.

holy shit.......! HOLY FUKCING SHIT
REEEEEEEE THIS FUCKING EEPSONRJISBFO SEASON FUCKING BWKLOWJE

How the fuck did ep 7 even fucking happen?

It's like watching an entirely different show. Was this some kind of forced diversity quota?Netflix management said 'right we know this is the 80s and a typically white, country town but we need to use the popularity of this show to push some diversity so we need to put in an indian, a sassy black afro chick (another one), a big we wuz wise warrior negro otherwise we've failed as a propaganda network'.

And starting the fucking season with the fucking diversity squad in a truck escaping from the cops... Worst opening ever. Way to put me off before you even start.
One of many issues with this season, the chief one being that the Duffer's clearly can't write a coherent narrative at all.
You could have removed every single new character from the show and lost absolutely nothing.

How do you guys not get what it was? It's a backdoor pilot for a 'New Mutants' style spin-off so that the Duffer Brothers can try make profits off of the Marvel 'Cinematic Universe' craze.

It happens all the time. Another modern example is how the episode "Better Call Saul" of Breaking Bad was a backdoor pilot for...Better Call Saul.

Steve or Billy,both /ourguys/

It was SO fucking cringey. The fucking scene where the poo in the loo is having the little cunt attempt to move the train was an EXACT FUCKING RIP OFF of first class when Xavier is mentoring Erik on how to focus his anger to move the giant satelite. It was so fucking blatant and cringe I don't know what the fuck they were thinking

Did Billy actually do anything wrong? Sure he's rough round the edges and a over-protective (probably because that's all he knows from his shithead dad), but he's just protecting his little sister.

And then he comes across a bunch of kids, together, in a stranger's house, with a horny teenager?

What do you want him to do?

You reckon? Well then they've surely failed there too because those fucking characters were a very detestable ensemble.
Imagine watching a full season of those annoying faggots.

Billy did nothing wrong,he was trying to protect that little brat from getting blacked

Yeah, I do. And it worked well as a BACKDOOR pilot; if they got the hatred they did now (which they have, even from tumblr), they just don't include the characters ever again.

Nothing to lose putting it in the show. Better to have one badly rated episode than invest time and money in an entire, badly rated SHOW. Networks do it all the time.

and dont forget one of them kids is a negro. he is from California so he must have had lots of run ins with them stealing his shit. they probably gangraped one of his girlfriends. The family probably left California to get away from them

Season 3:
>So where did you say you were from in California again, Max?
>Compton
...Oh

Perhaps, but I think that single episode is just the shit cherry on the shit cake of season 2. Perhaps without it the season on the whole could have been passable but with it's inclusion it just solidifies the whole thing as a poorly written, aimless and ultimately boring expansion of a lucky first outing.

This is what happens when you give two nostalgia monkey 'writers' the reigns on a bigger venture... It just highlights the fact that all they can do is rip off and reference old movies but actually controlling and developing an original story is something they have no idea how to do.

Though I feel like ep 7 probably wasn't their choice.

youtu.be/030JFzvHcb8

Best character was unironically Steve for his character taking new directions with minimal melodramatic drama

Runners up goes to Will for (honestly incredible acting, especially since we didn't see him do too much in Season 1), Hopper for his relationship with you know who (trying not to spoil), and the conspiracy guy,

Bob was great too but a bit of a convenient meme character.

How can someone be "diverse"? You mean she's schizophrenic?

>tfw you survive a giant flaming demon,a giant spider,an orc civil war,giant bat things attacking you and your lover and a trip to mount doom while carrying a faggot but you get killed because you accidentally dropped a broom

It also kinda shat on the mythology they built up. It was implied most of them died, and now there's a 008? I can so picture them introducing us to 001-10 now.

He also impressed a black janitor and played football for Notre Dame

Nancy's little titties

Bob was another one who didn't even need to be there. I can kind of see what they were trying to do but no part of his story could not have been covered by an existing character or characters.
Saw it coming a mile away. [spoilers]It was so rushed and convenient to have him just die like that, don't know if they were going for a shock moment or just trying to get rid of him but his whole arc just feels like 'why bother'[/spoilers]

I've got a feeling after this season the show is dead either way. I don't think they'll be making more. Surely not after that shit show.

She’s from London. She was abducted like Eleven. However she was in the same room as Eleven when Eleven’s Mom tried to save her. That’s why she’s her “sister”.

They were literally portrayed to be in the wrong

Bob and Jim were by far the best characters.

Nancy and loverboy was fucking boring, they wasted an entire episode on Elevens runaway snoozefest just so she could return as the Desu ex Machina again and the forced IR relationship was cringey.

So possible plot for S3? Is the doctor really alive? Since the tear is closed, they have to find new ways to enter the Upside down.

Is Billy going to fuck Karen?
Because bitch looked thirsty as fuck.

The paper that Eleven had said she was from London, which is why she has that accent.

It's funny how people think a movie or show having criminals in it means everyone who made the movie supports criminals.

Fuck these faggot characters.
>muh science was so smart now I opened a portal to a world of murder, fucking over people just trying to make an honest living

Shit characters Shitty characters
>we're not killing a small town haha just doing some science to better mankind

I wonder what the difference is between the scientists and the street thugs? I wonder what skin level difference there is to make you be this fucking retarded?

Stop projecting retard. They were scumbag characters looking out for themselves, mercilessly killing or fucking anyone in their path. Get some brain cells and get a clue nancy boy

Learn how to quote fag

Once again, they were shown to be fucking crazy and in the wrong.

If anything the show as shitting on these characters.

I never denied they were bad characters, I'm saying they weren't praised or supported by the show. The hero of the show chooses not to live their lifestyle. And it's not like they're the only villains people are just pissed a poo was featured as anything more than an extra.

>brown psychic girl had absolutely no problems with blasting some fat guy begging for his life while his kids were in the other room.
>had absolutely zero problems with robbing some completely random store owner because she said his bosses are ebil

Fuck off dumb cunt. SHIT character

>for how diverse she was
>mexicans, indians and blacks didn't exist in the 1980s

You could at least pretend you aren't just mad because of her skin color.

Her character was suppose to be a piece of shit. That's the entire point.

>no Steve & Billy: Monster Hunters spin-off with the occasional guest appearance from Dustin

ummm..... that was a mild indian accent.
I suppose if you lived in london or bradford you could call it a british accent

that was the best scene in the entire show. billy is kino

So wait, portraying a buncha brown and black people as thieves, murders, pill poppers and general criminals is now PC? Did we just wen full circle?

This. Remove episode 7 and that ginger girl and nothing fucking changes for worse

You keep repeating the bad things they do so let me clear this up. NOBODY IS SAYING THE PUNKS WEREN'T BAD. I NEVER SAID THAT. PLEASE LEARN HOW TO READ OR STOP POSTING. A character being bad doesn't make them shit either. That's just their character. The original thesis was that the show was somehow glorifying the punks when it never did. The closest it came was sympathizing with the girl who had been tortured and held captive by that fat white guy you relate to so much. He also tortured 11's mom. The hero of the show decides they're bad people and leaves them.

I don't care if you're racist. You being racist has no effect on me. Just don't lie about it like a little faggot. It's an anonymous board. If you haven't come to terms with your racism, that's your fault not mine. No need to get pissy with me because of it.

They're just mad that they were in the show at all

>we're only stealing from the war criminal billionaires that own this place
This season was so fucking bad on so many fucking levels

Netflix actually has a diversity quota so yes

the ginger girl was equally as shitty you stupid faggot please shut the fuck up you're not catching anyone in a gotcha moment

and the only reason eleven has powers is because she was born with them while all the test subjects were rendered braindead. A continuation of season one was a mistake

its a movie reference. L.A. takedown

>Was this some kind of forced diversity quota

If you have to say I'm not catching you in a gotcha moment it means I already did. I bet you had to get up and pace around your room before replying to me because your'e so upset haha.

You've got a show set in 80s white, small town America and then you've got a totally stand alone episode that manages to fit in 3 different shades of brown for no real logical storytelling reason.

Netflix literally must have said 'S1 was great, but uhmm the lack of diversity was problematic'.

You're just repeating back to me what is written in the comic.

I disagree; there was a storytelling reason, and that was to keep Eleven on a character arc, which involved introducing her to a city.

It's just, it was rushed. And shittily done.

Im not the guy you were responding too I just saw you attempting to strawman the guy and it really annoyed the fuck outta me so shut the fuck up already

it wasnt just rushed and shitty. It was absolutely pathetic. Seriously, some of most forced pathetic writing ive ever experienced.

Where the hell did she even get that accent from?
She's most likely lived in the US her entire life.

Team diversity was shown to be unhinged and the actual problem. If they had been unflawed heroes, you'd have an argument.

They're used narratively as foil to show eleven what not to do. Which leaves the paki doubting herself.

are these fags coming here because of the neogaf thing? Noticed a lot more of that type of cancerous discourse the last few days

was the paki legally a midget?

max

great taste in men

Ok so you're upset the show isn't authentically capturing the racial makeup of small town America in the early/mid 80s? So you're saying that people who make TV shows should abide by the racial sensibilities of people in small town America in the early/mid 80s?

Imagine there was a show set in the late 1800s and there was a black President. You would get upset about forced diversity because that never happened and wasn't accurate to the time. But the reason there was no black president is because nobody bothered to educate blacks to that level and they were still coming off of slavery and nobody thought they were smart enough to do even basic things that required intelligence. So you want to uphold racist views of the past by denying actors roles in the present. For the sake of accuracy. As if movies and shows are history textbooks.

Do you kinda see why SJWs call you racist now? You're fighting for an ideal you weren't even alive to experience.

she reminded me of that douchebag that made Dredd 2012.

They should have jerrycurl'd her hair, it would have looked more 80s with an unsexy perm.

seems that way. fucking dipshits

>original attacks movies for not being written with the intention of pandering to small vocal minorities that want to take control over artistic expression.

>this edit attacks the critics of writing thats no longer artistic expression but ideological statement and propaganda.

>totally the sami amirite?

what do you retards even mean by that?

This is a shit argument and i'm not even on the side that was mad about the punks

But we won't care. Which is why your copypasta will be turned into next 300 Navy seals/guidoposting.

Bitch I've been here since 2006. Everyone who disagrees with your brainwashing isn't from another website. Talk about strawmanning and cancerous discourse.

AHAHAHAHAHA this has to be a troll

>they could have at least given her American accent coaching lessons
that'd have been extremely rude not to mention racist af

Holy shit I can't believe what I'm reading.
>lying is right if the truth you would be telling is unjust
>that's how we brainwash people into being better
You are a true believer man. Wow.

Actually "muh accuracy" is a shit argument. Which is why I obliterated it. A black side character in a show about a fictional 80s small town where inter-dimensional monsters exist is not some egregious raping of history. No matter how many times you say it.

So how would you feel if I made a movie about a Zulu tribe in the 1400s and put a white person just randomly among them. Hell, maybe have a whole inexplicable Zulu tribe amongst the other blacks and give them names like 'Steven' and 'Midge'.

What you just said is that portraying time periods with a semblance of accuracy is racist. I want you to think about that.

that was my first post in this thread friend. merely noted a trend and a correlating event

Hey guess what humans don't have telekinesis. Telekinesis doesn't even exist. Why don't you consider that lying? You're okay with lying you just hate it when someone smashes your MAGA fantasy. Too bad you can't downvote me or ban me like your home sub.

I don't think that is big issue. English paki out of nowhere is just tonally weird and that will always be true. Otherwise you've never seen fucking 80s movies and tone they're trying to go for.

How come Lucas speaks standard american english perfectly well, while his little sister talks like a fucking hoodrat?

Not even, it'd be 'nationaliticist' as fuck. Nothing stops Paj8 from having an American accent, you retard.

Because he's a black nerd who's good at school that hangs around other white people. Your accent is very much influenced by your friends/interests at that age.

I don't care. I really don't. I don't even think that would ever happen so there's no real need to think about it. And a black person existing in a small town in 80s America is not the same thing as a white dude being born into a tribe of Africans where 0 white people live. Black people lived in small towns all over the US. How many white children were born to two black Zulu tribesmen in the 80s?