Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s04b8KZl87wz
youtu.be/KcszPQNx_zQ
imdb.com/title/tt5171438/reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=A5cIT43ObD0&t=4s
strawpoll.me/14246095/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would Michael make a good captain?

She'd probably make an alright captain. Not "give her the flagship" material, from what we've seen. But they could certainly give her a run-of-the-mill science vessel and be relatively confident she wouldn't fuck things up. As already seen, though, you don't want her anywhere near a potential flashpoint.

What about Saru, would he make a good captain?

>First officer on a starship
>Has to ask the computer what makes a good leader
No. Starfleet dun goofed somewhere along the line.

I'd give him command of a runabout.

>STD

It's normal to be nervous. Geordi shat his pants the first time he took command of the Enterprise

Pls stop. Why can't we all just be friends?

>/STD/
cut this shit out

vocaroo.com/i/s04b8KZl87wz

>youtu.be/KcszPQNx_zQ

We Edge of Tomorrow now

Yeah, but he wasn't the first officer. By the time you reach that position, you should be well-aware of what defines good leadership.

Imagine if the XO of an aircraft carrier had to Google how to be a good captain.

So why did Lorca make him the first officer?

Why isn't Kirk in the center?

Because they wanted the best captain in the center

>best captain
>incel brit who got kidnapped by cyborgs and destroyed the federation fleet

Whatever you say, pal.

>incel
>Fucked Vash, Beverley Crusher, countless others

What happened to the /DSG/ thread?

I don't recognize the authority of /STD/. Get it ducking right next time, OP.

Because Star Trek "fans" haven't even fucking watched TOS they're told to skip it.

Absolutely disgusting

Multiple Orville threads reaching bump limit in a day, STD threads struggling to stay off page 10

Cool

No. Captains are inspirational. There's nothing inspiring about Michael.

STD is shit. Orville is objectively the superior show. True successor to TNG

Women find her inspiring

/Orville/ and /trek/ are making fun of us again..

No we don't. Take you mansplaining somewhere else.

god i can't wait to spam this link in every STD and DXX thread

thank you user

>Everyone calls it "STD" for literally months prior to release
>"STD" is, by far, the most popular initialism for the show
>Star Trek doesn't have any sort of naming convention for its acronyms
>Post-release, a handful of butthurt children who are deeply offended on behalf of the billionaires at CBS try to change the acronym because it triggers them
>"W-why can't we all just agree on muh DISCO? Surely we should all be able to come to a compromise, by you dropping the acronym literally everyone's been using for a year and doing what I want
>Bonus: CBS is clearly so desperate to change the acronym that they even reach a new low by putting their own merchandise in the show in order to shill for 'DISCO'

I'm annoyed they are pushing this mudd bullshit or whatever. Who even cares about that nobody character?

>Last epsiode
>Burnham becomes captain of the Discovery
>Acts like a smug, abrasive piece of shit and makes obviously stupid decisions which work out anyway
>"It would be Logical to implement my orders without further discussion, or I'll have you thrown in the brig"
>Saru: She's the most inspirational captain I've ever met... but she's also dangerous.

>She gets offered the Enterprise for being inspirational, but turns it down because she's busy saving the universe with Science
>We see that she's won a wall full of medals for inspiring People of Color and Gender to get into Star Fleet
>Final scene is Saru looking up the list of the 5 most decorated captains in Star Fleet history, they're all Michael Burnham, he smiles knowingly

>hightest rated discovery reviews on imdb
>imdb.com/title/tt5171438/reviews

these generals are the worst threads on Sup Forums

Next episode actually looks good for a change: youtube.com/watch?v=A5cIT43ObD0&t=4s

I'd rather see these toxic Star Trek: Discovery threads die than have them mocked with the STD title. This what you 4channers deserve.

Now you'll have to come to r/StarTrek to discuss your new favorite show. Idiots.

Are people still watching this show? I mean, are people actually subscribing to the service and watching it or are they just pirating it? Netflix does not count.

>Netflix does not count.
What?

Maybe Lorca isn't as stupid as he looks, and realizes that having his legal counterpart as 1O can be a good thing.

>STD 107: “Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad”
>As the U.S.S. Discovery crew attempts to let loose at a party, an unwelcome visitor comes aboard bringing about a problematic and twisted sequence of events.

>It's a Sup Forums raids Tumblr episode

I literally have no idea what you're even trying to say.

Good thread

Pity bump

lmao nobody gives a fuck what you think. It's STD and you're just a salty fag retard for insisting otherwise.

>"Disco" is somehow better

literally one of the worst genres of music ever created, that's what you want your abbreviation to be? fucking lmao mentally deficient tards

your entire post is pretty good, that chick runs like one of those autistic kids who think that posing=running. I wish she had her arms behind her back like Sonic the Hedgehog, it would be absolutely perfect.

>female character
>her name is "Michael"

wtf?

>Now you'll have to come to r/StarTrek to discuss your new favorite show. Idiots.
Eh. I discuss the show here early in the week. After about Wednesday, though, the discussion dries up and that's when the threads stay alive only through shitposts.

>making this content in 2017
How do you even sleep at night? Holy shit dude.

i don't get it

*comment not content

I still don't get it

Why are everyone keep getting kidnapped/ ambushed in this show

>nobody actually discusses the show except for parsing complaints and criticisms
>rest of the thread is shitposts about acronyms

These threads are more catastrophic than post-sneed simpsons threads

Because they're not very good at their jobs.

The people have spoken. The Great Acronym War of 2017 is finally over.

strawpoll.me/14246095/r

>strawpoll.me/14246095/r
>4789 votes
>the people
I think you mean the scripts

I posted this on Trekbbs, reddit and the Star Trek: Discovery Facebook fanpage.

the main character is literally named michael because the director is some sperg who just likes to give female characters male names, that's it

>new episode out tomorrow
>dead thread

wew

Will we be seeing anymore epic fights like this?

>last episode was discussed to death
>there's nothing to talk about until the next episode
Yep.

Matrix.

No you didn't. You posted it here and I left a macro running to vote for other (and discovery every 5 votes) running while I went to work.

even the shills seem to have stopped.

It was funny seeing them try to claim e06 was the best yet, when it was abjectly horrible, in order to trick people into signing up for CBS's shitty streaming service again.

Honest question for Discovery apologists, if the show used TOS aesthetics, say borrowing the New Voyages sets and using the Cage-style uniforms, do you think that would mitigate a lot of the criticism?

I thought the part was originally meant for a white male but the kikes thought that a black girl would be more "progressive."

Also it's the name of an archangel. And Lorca is Gabriel. It's very deep writing

nobody even posted the preview pics for next episode

That's just stupid, why would Lorca be Gabriel? Is he healing anyone?

This is the worst big budget sci fi TV show ever created and worse than a lot of low budget sci fi as well. I enjoed watching LEXX more than this shitshow.

>thinking the writers know anything about biblical archangels and aren't just copying Supernatural

Then why does the Orville general hit bump limit 2-3 times a day while the last 5 STD threads have fizzled out. Yes, I've been counting.

Whoops, mixed that one up with Raphael, still, too jew for me.

pew pew pew, wasn't this scene epic?

just like in my xbox one video games!

two words: hella. f*cking. epic.

what an epic fake battle!

It was cool

>smart enough to lock Michael in her room where she can't do more damage
>cautious
>actually cares about his performance
>wants to improve himself
>has biological ability to detect threats

He might actually be the best captain of all

Most of the posts in an Orville thread are about Halstom Sage/Alara and how sexually attractive anons find her. The rest are about Adrianne Palicki/Kelly Grayson and how sexually attractive anons find her.

Discovery has a chubby autistic girl.

Pretty much the smartest man on the planet. You should probably listen to him.

Yes. If it looked/felt more like it "should" have to begin with, there would be far less peple already upset and looking for more shit to bitch about. That's not to say there would be no critism, far from it. But, it would have been at a tolerable level and not the tidal wave of angst we have now.

Clearly STD made Voyager's the fatal mistake of using nerd bait red meat to distract from the shows flaws.

Tilly just doesn't cut it. You thicc memesters fawning over her fat rolls and cottage cheese warts are really beginning to stretch my suspension of disbelief.

wat

I don't think you counted right. Can you show your math?

Based

This shit series is so dead LOL.

esssssss
teeeeeeee
deeeee

this
bitch got open sores for fuck sake

We love this show

>Wasting your Saturday on Sup Forums

>Bonus: CBS is clearly so desperate to change the acronym that they even reach a new low by putting their own merchandise in the show in order to shill for 'DISCO'
That episode was shot and finished before the first episode even aired, though.

South Park already did the "Curse word used repeatedly on national TV and causes a massive catastrophe" episode. The IRL catastrophe is the state of the Star Trek franchise.

I'm scanning a book for /x/.

implying life isn't an exercise in managing waste

Thank you Queen Elizabeth

>page 9

Yo where is everyone?

FUUUUUCK

FUUUUUUUCK

I love how people gradually comes to this thread just to shit on STD.