So I just finished watching this. I might be alone here, but Spider-Man 1 seemed pretty old-fashioned

So I just finished watching this. I might be alone here, but Spider-Man 1 seemed pretty old-fashioned.

On purpose.
Great film.

It is Spider-Man 2 tho raises the bar with a great villain great internal conflict. 1 was very goofy and it's not bad but it's not very good.

this is just a stealth Sup Forums thread isn't it

Spider-Man 1 really is a bit weird in comparison to 2. I haven't been able to quite place my finger on what it is. Maybe it's that 1 has just a slight touch of that shitty "realistic" stuff executives loved to and still do love to shove into superhero movies, namely with stuff like the dumb design of Green Goblin and his glider, and the scifi pumpkin bombs, and the whole "genetically engineered spiders" thing.

Spider-Man 2 feels like an almost entirely Sam Raimi film, whereas 1 has a lot of feeling of corporate blandness in parts.

intentionally so as to create a feeling of timelessness and not get dated.

How long will this take?

I thought it was IMPRESSIVE

I still love the Raimi trilogy. Even 3. I mean, there was something about the film that felt big. NYC felt huge, the soundtrack made everything feel epic, and it felt like a lot was going on. And I'm not talking with Nostalgia Goggles cause I saw it pretty recently again.

It annoys me because there is a spark in this film that I wished the MCU had.

You know, I can't argue with you there.

>>Uncle Ben gets shot.
>>Peter cries
>>Climbs up building
>>Swinging after criminal's car.
>>"WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!"

Am I the only one who noticed this? Like, I have never seen anyone online point this out, but Spider-Man in anger after Ben dying and swinging after his car shouts "Woohoo".

And somehow nobody noticed!

It was made in the early 2000s, so duh

>Did your husband make that for you?

What did Raimi mean by this?

What do you think he meant?

Fuck you, Spidey 1 is one of the best superhero movies of all time. I personally like it over 2, which still an all timer.

Hell it felt pretty old fashioned when it came out which was definitely on purpose.

Green Goblin > Doc Oc

Will we ever get JK Simmons in person again?

PIZZA TIEM

I deliver pizza and say that sometimes.

It's an incredibly generic line so no one ever cares

FUCKING

THIS
H
I
S