What was Sup Forums's opinion on the Court of Owls storyline?

What was Sup Forums's opinion on the Court of Owls storyline?

It was GOAT when it was called Black Glove

Despite the worse writing?

Disappointing for the most part, cool for the concept of the talons.

Overrated as fuck. It had a pointless ending, a generic as fuck premise, and a forced event that fucked up a few of the books I was following at the time.

The only things saving it are the art and the fact that Snyder's not a shitty dialogue writer. Plotting is not his strong-suit, though.

Pretty cool up until the last act with Lincoln March, it was my first warning that Synder was shit, and Death of the Family cemented that for me. Had some good art though.

It owes more to The Cult than Black Glove

I think it's gonna be remembered and reused for a long time because 'Batman vs The Court of Owls' sounds more quintessentially Gotham that 'Batman vs the Black Glove' or 'League of Assassins' strictly in terms of their names.

Pretty good, but March reveal was weak. Should have been foreshadowed earlier.

gr8 b8 m8

This. The fact that the Court of Owls has already showed up in Gotham means we're stuck with it as a now-integral part of the Batman mythos.

The whole premise of a secret society that's been controlling Gotham behind the scenes while Batman ran around for decades without a clue smacks of amateurish writing.

Even the shitty animated movie tried to fix that by having them be forced underground and only recently making a comeback. But the comic tries to play them up as teh awesomest secretest villains ever, which makes the ultimate twist all the more disappointing.

I liked them but they should've been a foe for a rookie Batman

I was completely into the arc until they revealed the Owls were indeed ruling gotham in secret for decades. For the first three issues, I thought maybe it was just a new villain/new crime group, using the Court's legend as a foundation. But no, they're real, and they've been there for centuries and none ever suspected a thing.

It's retarded, and it makes them attacking the city during the night of owls completely nonsensical. If they already rule the city in secret, what's the point of an all out offensive that does nothing but reveal them to the world?

>what's the point of an all out offensive that does nothing but reveal them to the world?
They were losing control over Gotham, Batman came out of their triply labyrinth so they decided to say fuck it and try to do a clean slate since no one knows who's in the court.

Batman knew exactly who's in the court though. All the rich fucks of Gotham were members of it, which makes it kinda retarded, because it's pretty obvious that old-money of Gotham would rule the old secret society of Gotham.

It was shit, but they have a cool aesthetic.

The scene at the end in a backup about Alfred's dad (Jarvis?) being killed by the Court of Owls is spectacular for one part, and that's Martha Wayne telling Bruce he's the bravest boy in the world.

It makes me fucking cry. It's so beautifully written and composed.

It was great, but showed snyders template that he would keep using

>some mystery is happening
>batman too arrogant to believe it
>tells all his friends he doesn't need help
>finds out its real
>in over his head
>beaten down
>somehow gets out at the end with no clear resolution.

It was alright. I think the bit Mentions is about the only worthwhile thing in there though. Really, if given a chance I'd skip it

>What was Sup Forums's opinion on the Court of Owls storyline?

First off, it's fucking retarded that it was called Court and not Parliament. Still pisses me off.

Secondly, other than the ending it was pretty good. Pretty decent attempt at giving Batman something new to do. The ending was terrible, and Snyder has later showed that he always loses it at the climax.

Hate the idea of yet another super secret league of assassins who pull the strings in the shadows.

Some parts in the middle were ok like that white maze, couple of fights with Talon

Ending is fucking retarded, Snyder should kill himself.

Basically Death of the Family before Death of the Family

>words words words words
Like, it's not inherently shitty, but I wouldn't call it good.

I liked it

I think it was great but not as good as Zero Year which was my favorite part of Snyder & Capullo's run. I can't for the life of me understand how most people (people who like this run anyways) actually think that Endgame was the best arc.

endgame was better then death of the family though even if overrated

Pure facts.

Zero Year > Court of Owls > Endgame > Death of the Family

I think Zero Year went on for too long and really started to drag by the end.

Court of Owls storyline supposed to be happened in Batman's 5th (or 6th?) year. It's not that unnatural.

It started out pretty promising.

Like everything in Snyder's run, Morrison did it better.

Pretty good.

started great went kinda meh in the second half though