Kamala baby, I love you but I hate what Marvel's doing to you

Kamala baby, I love you but I hate what Marvel's doing to you.

Seriously, it's only been three years and she's already been on like three teams and is in the middle of the biggest events. I really get that Marvel probably wants to push the only success out of that whole All New Marvel thing but holy shit, not even Spider-Man went this fast

What's worse, being spread too thin over multiple books or slowly getting phased out of your own book?

It's like Icarus but this time the father is dragging his son too close to the sun

But that would've been Fine if the main writer on her book wasn't such shit. People need to stop blaming marvel or bendis for the work of a single hack.

>People need to stop blaming marvel or bendis for the work of a single hack.
Good dog.

It seemed fine to me until Civil War 2: Minority Report Boogaloo.

Kamala and Robbie deserve their own universe.

Hell, I would like them to be creator owned and go to omething like Drak Horse, but they are too much conected to other Marvel characters for something like this actualy work.

problem with kamala is , she has to go back.

Bendis IS bad but he didn't write ms marvel you autistic idiot.
...those issues barely had anything to do with the main series. It was a plot created by the ms marvel book. Therefore the writer is guilty.

I wouldn't mind something like that. Either that or put them in a city/location that is far away from most of the usual Marvel cities. Have them build up their own communities and only have other heroes around occasionally once in a blue moon.

>I want another dime!

>the writer is guilty
That's not how it works. Having Kamala do her own thing utterly separate from the events of Civil War 2 and yet be labeled Civil War 2 would have been ludicrous.

If Ewing can work a good plot out of CW2 and clean up Bendis's continuity, then at very least will should be able to not fall completely apart. It was willow that did all that stupid shit with Hyjinx being innocent even though he undeniably breaking the law and Bruno being pant on head retarded. Besides cw2 had nothing to do with the shitty vote chapter or this internet bullying one.

why are we blaming bendis when this problem is entirely waid's fault?

>Marvel dindu noffin
>it was all that evil Muslim woman's fault

You're in denial.

Keep sucking.

Nobody is sucking anything. Nobody is saying that bendis is a good writer or that CWII was okay. But you cant blame him for the ms marvel issues, specially when other books had amazing tie ins. Stop being a fanboy.

This is the trap of minority heroes
Under anyone less competent, the minority part will get played up

You mean the writer that made her popular in the first place?

>backpedaling
Like clockwork.

>once a writer writes something good their quality can never decline
Oh god somebody better let Waid and Lemire know.

Someday she'll get pregant with Mephisto's child or something like that and then she'll get killed just to come back as a new character.

>Everybody complains about Waid mentioning the jonas brothers
>Willow references Leroy Jenkins last chapter and that is from fucking 2005

She created her, user.

>comic drops in quality after getting dragged through 3 events

Wow yeah, that's totally Wilson's fault.

One event, Volume two didn't tie into anything besides CW2. You can't blame events that didn't even get referenced in her book.

Slott created Silk

Well I heard that her sales recently BOMBED, so Marlel might slow down with her brand expansion.

wanna know why she sucks and her comic sucks? forced muslim propoganda.

>the editors are not to blame for the lack of quality, ever!

Her book was really well written until it was forced to warp it's narrative around Bendis' shitty event ideas.

Your objectively wrong, Bendis actually is to blame in this case.

Spread too thin in this case...Kamala had a distinct voice in her own book and now she's being written by multiple writers. Had she had more time to develop on her own then things might be good but she's been turned into a mouthpiece and lost what made her cool. Mind you, I liked her up until Avengers & CWII & Champions. She should have been left alone.

Marvel is the SJW of the industry and they turned Kamala into a "whore" for their voice. What does that say about Marvel? It's all "hey, let's use a minority to push our views" instead of letting the character grow organically.

When's the next East Of West come out?

>ever!
>implying
Nobody said it never happens, It just doesn't have anything to do with it in this scenario. Might as well blame clone conspiracy for her decline if your going to blame events that didn't effect her book.

>backpedaling again

Kamala means horrible in my language

Where did I say that it never editorial fault?

Qué mala = How bad
Quémala = Burn her

>How bad
"How mean", I would translate it as.

Both are right. Also "how evil".

But is fun to blame Bendis.

Sana Amanat and to some extent G. Willow Wilson should have talked to other writers and if necessary put their foot down regarding Kamala's characterization.

>Marvel do this big diversity push. BLACK SPIDERMAN FEMALE THOR MUSLIM MISS MARVEL
>most of the characters are shit or suffer from shit writing
>yet, Kamala is a diamond in the rough and probably one of their better female characters overall
>MCU is still going to use shit Carol for the movie

why

Because the only female hero in the MCU that's on Earth is Black Widow. Not that'd I'd mind a movie about a cute, gunslinging Black Widow fangirl, but I doubt it's what Marvel or Disney would go for.

I WANT TO KISS KAMALA!

>I personally think that they had this easy access character, that you only needed to read her book and you were good (and the first round of Ms Marvel as Kamala was great) but then after Secret Wars they added her in several series increasing the entry barrier and I think most people reading Ms Marvel were actually new readers and they got kicked in the balls by Marvel telling them that they needed to read shit ton of tie ins to keep reading about her.

Is he right? did including Ms Marvel in multiple books cause newer readers who were only reading Ms Marvel and no other Marvel books to drop it because they didn't like the prospect of having to keep up with cross book continuity and tie ins?

Kiss your screen.

No. The issue with Marvel sticking Kamala in other books is that it clashed with the concept of Kamala as a street level hero dealing with low-level shit mostly unconnected to the greater goings-on of the MU. It's like when DC tries to pull the "Batman is an urban legend" schtick while he's appearing in four solo titles, two teambooks, and a handful of crossovers per month.

>tfw Robbie specifically refused to give Laura and Cho his real name during their team up
Feels good knowing Marvel still has at least one real "street" level character left. In terms of the way he operates the guy's powerlevel is busted relative to his setting.

I don't read Kamala in anything outside of her own book. Am I missing out on anything?

You know how people sometimes decry Ms. Marvel as a tumblr SJW book, even though she's a hundred times more complex and interesting than they give her credit?

Mark Waid's Champions, and how he writes Kamala, basically is that. And now she's going to be in some shitty Inhumans team-up book.

>what Marvel's doing to you.

One of the things about Kamala that everyone praised is the consistent vision behind the book bc of G Willow Wilson

I feel bad for Kamala. So much potential lost.

Leroy does get mentioned every now and then, especially in online stuff. Jonas Brothers stopped being a thing 3 years ago. Whats the punch line group now?

This. Sup Forums lets Wilson get away with all kinds of bullshit just because first few msm issues were fun.

one direction.

How is Ms. Marvel in her solo, Champions, IvX and the new Inhumans book at the same time?

Oh and she was in Civil War II somehow

Only a matter of time

If you want to create a superhero and not have her story interrupted by company events, you need to go indie.

>How do you do fellow kids! World of warcraft anyone? The spice must flow, am I rite?

For a repulsive pretentious walrus, she sure sounds like a normie.

>Her solo book is shit for almost a year already.
>No Bendis nor Waid have any relation with the solo.
>Kamalafags blame them anyway.

How about blame the writer?

"B-but she is her creat-"

It doesn't matter. From the creator or not, shitty stories are shitty stories.

Spider-Man and Wolverine taught her the secret of multi-presence.

Alphona's the best artist on the book and he's barely in it anymore.

Wilson signed the contract saying Marvel can do whatever they want with Kamala without her say-so. There's nothing she or Amanat can do, period.

I think people only like Alphona for the Where's Waldo-styled visual gags used. His actual style is a bit too weak and scribbly for my liking.

At this point, he's pretty much gone for good and Miyazawa's become the main artist.

I gotta admit I liked the gags, and they pretty much became apart of the story with
miyazawa throwing in few too.

I much prefer Alphona. Miyazawa's good but I actually like the scribbly roughness of Alphona. I also feel Alphona's work is far more emotive and fun to read.

>i agnry
>i rip

do you agree with this question, kamala not such a great character by herself rather she was lucky enough to be really well written, and all the other new characters who have come and gone would have been received just as favorably had they got a great first run like hers.

I'm talking entirely about how other writers present her, not that they use her. Office politics can get you pretty far, and it's not like Marvel is going to risk the backlash of getting two Muslim women pulled off a solo book about a Muslim superhero for the benefit of a white guy.

"Great character" is a meaningless descriptor.

There's no such thing as an inherently bad character, same as there isn't such thing as an inherently good character.
It all depends on the writer

Just stick with her own book. No one else can seem to write her competently and in-character.

>Just stick with her own book.
Her own book is part of the problem right now.

Right now, it's more concerned with Kamala fighting a deranged cyber-bully than anything else.

Too bad he's a guest star in his own damn book.

I really, really want Robbie to succeed but it's tough going when he's getting sidelined by guest crossovers in the first arc of his latest ongoing.

I love Alphona's gags, but I like his art in general as well. However, like Ross Campbell, I think he's only a good fit some of the time.

He worked really well with Ms Marvel, but I've seen him on some other books and I wasn't as keen on his art then.

I never understood why heroes share their identities?

Because Marvel has recently made their universe SUPER integrated and overlapping. Few heroes have distinct rogue galleries or personal mythos anymore. Everything is shared to the point of uniformity everything is fucking boring. Nobody has a proper not-superhuman cast anymore. Nobody has a secret identity anymore. Nobody has a dedicated stable of villains anymore. It's just cape characters on a first name basis with other cape characters fighting each other.

i don't care if Kamala's books are good, I just want her to be more popular so there can be more r34 fan art

Yes little raghead cry

Cry cry cry

So much injustice that a broken immigration system gets halted 100 days for much needed tweaks

Even more so that Muslims from Egypt and UAE didn't get blocked because they're not from third world shitholes laden with extremists and warmongers

So sad ;_; #notmypresident

Oops wrong pic

I kinda liked her in the Avengers Assemble CW event.
I mean, everyone is flanderised to hell and back, but her basic beats are there.
And her fighting Hulk and geeking out at everyone was just too cute, without being super overplayed.
That scene with her complimenting the shackled Thor was pretty dope. That lightning was as subtly threatening as lightning gets, I guess.

I don't think Dust is the type to go cry or get deported.
She's far too coarse and rough and irritated and gets everywhere.

Not a comic reader, but interested in how a Muslim woman hero is so well loved on Sup Forums.

Is Kamala actually a good character?

She's cute and for the first year or two wasn't bogged down by tons of drama.

That's what happens when you have a writer with an idea what she's doing and a free hand to go places.
The first volume stands basically as self-contained for 19 issues.
Give it a read.