She doesn't look bad at first

She doesn't look bad at first.

As the film goes on, it all goes to shit.

Post some ivy ass

The part where she rises from the ground in her lab kickstarted puberty for me.

I personally like this style of campyness in my super heroes movies
Its better than quips

Same.

I also would fug nervous, sweaty, frumpy Pamela.

The problem is that this specific franchise didn't start out that campy and had some edge to it. The change in tone wasn't warranted.

Also, a lot of the attempted humor didn't land and the low budget showed up in some parts.

I don't hate the movie and don't consider it the worst, but I can get why people don't like it and why it killed Batman movies for a while.

At this point Schumacher was going senile; he essentially got the Burton "dark" Batman confused with the 60's camp Batman and combined them into the horrifying abomination that is Batman and Robin.

The campy jokes don't land because of the bizarre aesthetic and the pretense of real danger. The action and story don't work because they're rendered absurd by the attempts at camp.

Also the script is garbage and Alicia Silverstone couldn't act her way out of a paper bag

>The problem is that this specific franchise didn't start out that campy and had some edge to it. The change in tone wasn't warranted.

Batman started out as pulp detective/action comics, and then went full retard once the comics code authority was pulled into full effect. It was most known for the Adam West TV show which was 200% camp. They then tried making it progressively darker once the CCA was less relevant.

Tim Burton did his own dark magical take on this which was as campy as anything else; Forever and B&R failed not because they were campy, but because they did not have Burtons dark and edgy theatrics to balance the campy style out with.

The problem was she doesn't ham it up enough. When you have Ahnold throwing ice puns every other sentence, you need to step the fuck up your game.

Alicia's butt in the batgirl costume was a marvel to behold and Arnold as freeze was top fun

the REAL travesty is Batman Forever

Really? I thought she overdid the Mae West impression.

She could've used more plant innuendo, though.

Uma Thurman as Ivy was pretty bonerific, especially whenever she doned the more 'classic' costume like in the OP.
I'd say her acting was over the top glamorous. Really accentuated certain words.

I dunno, Forever still had some Burton-like edge to it and a decent arc for Bruce and Dick. B&R was full-on clown shoes, though I did like the subplot of Alfred's illness and Batman reasoning with Freeze to help make a cure (instead of just murdering him at the end like the last three movies).

>Tim Burton did his own dark magical take on this which was as campy as anything else
I'm glad someone realizes this. Burton's Batman was always campy as fuck.

batman forever was shit that didn't know how to choose a tone-- gay schumacher wanted to do camp but the studio probably was like -- keep it kinda dark-- whereas at least batan and robin is campy the whole way through-- and enjoyable in a lol wtf is this shtupid shit way

>but the studio probably was like -- keep it kinda dark

Wasn't the studio the one pushing for a lighter tone since parents were freaking out about Batman Returns?

If it weren't for that stupid not-quite-an-eye-mask, it'd be pretty damn good.

Only redeeming part of the movie

Uma Thurman in this role gave me my first boner

I didn't even know that was supposed to be a disguise.