youtube.com/watch?v=UxTMtJUh9Uk
youtube.com/watch?v=INEaMSKk5j8
youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZHYsTGXM8
youtu.be/03bAayBtcb0
youtu.be/K2xTvwkkK50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would first SWING YOUR ARMS, FROM SIDE TO SIDE
CMON EVERYBODY DO THE MARIO.

The Mario Brothers did drugs. They're going to hell before they die.

A SoL involving Bowser and Bowser Jr. having father and son moments trying to conquer the mushroom kingdom.

I want John DiMaggio to play Bowser

Keep Miyamoto far away from the project. Might be easy to begin with as he may actually not be interested. But then again he's willing to fuck over other people's games for his own benefit, so maybe not.

Hire Koizumi as a producer. Take cues from Yoshi's Island and Luigi's Mansion in terms of world building. Forget the stupid Brooklyn crap DIC peddled to Atarifags back in the day.

Either make it 2D animated in the style of the classic 2D artwork like in OP's pic, or CGI with the quality of the 3D World art renders.

Don't be afraid to introduce new characters like those rabbit Koopaling lookalikes from Odyssey.

Step 1

You can't, it's-a-me

Yeah that Parental Control video for the Switch was probably the most human moment we got out of any of the Mario characters.

Id get the voice actors for Mario and Luigi from the cdi games.

Even if the show is bad, I'd create a second wave of YouTube poop.

>what are the Nintendo Power Super Mario Comics
Just make an animated adaption of those and you're good.

You could've just said "Hey, I'd recommend the Nintendo Power Comics."
Peach's characterization was amazing in those damn things.

I think the way the Super Show did it was pretty great. It's weird how the approach contrasts what would happen nowadays. It's pretty obvious that writing for kids shows in the 80s was sub-par at best, but the writers still had enough perspective to realize that the premise of the games was a little light to make an interesting show, and that they'd get much more mileage out dropping the characters into different settings and tropes every week, which I very much enjoyed. And the live-action segments were inspired.

Meanwhile, I feel like modern writers, while more proficient, would be too focused on authenticity (because chances are they grew up playing the game), and they would waste a ton of effort trying to build an entire cartoon on top of the flimsy, disjointed plots of the games and nothing else.

I love you, user.

I honestly liked, in concept, anyway, the way the Mario 3 cartoon and *especially* the Valiant Nintendo comics handled the setting, using the actual levels from the games as a loose basis for in-story settings, in particular the way the heroes had to traverse from a few 'worlds' and warp pipes to get anywhere, even if they were just going to the store or Bowser's castle.

I'd have that, at least being used for transitions. , and bring in characters from the Yoshi games, Paper Mario series, et. all, and have a rotating cast alongside the Bros. and Peach. Toad(s) show up in a few episodes, Daisy and Roselina appear the next, or a mix of any of them and a few Yoshis for good measure, or at least THE Yoshi.

Mallow and Geno would have cameos *somewhere*, or while I'm wishing would be background "Where's Waldo" visual gags if not a multi episode plot based off the RPG.

>Forget the stupid Brooklyn crap DIC peddled to Atarifags back in the day.
I forget how small a window of exposure the Brooklyn origin actually had. Most people on Sup Forums are probably too young to have grown up on the show, but when the lore of the games was practically non-existent, it offered the only explanation as to why two plumbers were in a magical mushroom kingdom, and I always felt it was pretty widely accepted back then. Although I suppose they're not even plumbers anymore.

Now the Brooklyn origin is only associated with Dobson hate-posting.

The last remotely profession related thing they do is repair the pipes to the next level in 3D World. Grammarly makes me look pretentious.

wait, Mario is not from Brooklyn anymore? Then where did Donkey Kong take place?

I mostly associate it with the movie. And I love the movie.

The only acceptable answer
... I can see that working out very well.
>getting into DK canon
Dude...

What the fuck am I looking at?

>How would you make a Mario cartoon?

Exclude any and all American input.

Americans have never made anything worthwhile, Mario-wise. It's a purely Japanese property and requires Japanese perspectives to be entertaining.

>no mention of the Great Ape War
nice try

Are you telling me pic related and the movie aren't the greatest pieces of Mario media?

Everytime this subject comes up, this gets posted
youtube.com/watch?v=VUu0hy8Aa6E
I like how there's Popeye esque dialog since it's kinda odd hearing the character actually speak sentences.

Both movies are garbage. The live-action one with creatures by the GINO designer and the anime one where Mario gets cucked by a dog.

The Mushroom Kingdom is such a weird place.

Sometimes I forgot how much I actually like Mario's weird, Wonderland-esque setting, since it's not like Nintendo ever really fleshes it out. And why should they?

I find a lot of settings in the Mario RPGs to be really cool though.

I don't, i would make a Warioland or Wariowave show

that was filler, and thus, not canon.

Stay away from the Italian stereotypes and make the boys more like the Captain Lou and Danny Brooklynites from the SMBSS. Make them 40-somethings

Stanley and Pauline would also show up from time to time

beat me to it you glorious bastard

Theres a webcomic that continues where the movie left off.

super mario cgi animated series, visiting the mushroom kingdom, some multiverse and the new dork city

Pretty much like Adventure time, but with Mario and Luigi as the leads. Mario and Luigi have short little adventures with Peach and Toad showing up sometimes. The humor could be self aware like the RPG games. Also there'd be a few episodes focusing on Bowser and Junior getting the spotlight. It could be a chance to focus on the lesser Mario characters like Tatanga and pretty much all the characters from Land 1 and 2 Also a very special Waluigi episode!

Truth be told, I'd want to see a cinematic adaptation of the Paper Mario series. Let it have:

-The aesthetics of Color Splash
-The writing of Super Paper Mario
-The character designing and world building of The Thousand-Year Door
-And the storytelling from Paper Mario 64

Nintendo Failing at making an official cannon.

Nintendo shitting on fan-ANYTHING that put MUCH better thought than them.

Pic Related

Adapt the comics based on recent games, powers, and looks.

Y'know, this is a really good observation. The worst is seeing forced explanations for gameplay mechanics that are just that: gameplay mechanics. A lot of aspects of video games don't really have an in-universe explanation, they're just there for ease of understanding. Like floating items that slowly rotate.

New Donk City

Probably not even kidding. It's the name of the city in the new 3D Mario game and all the streets in it are named after DK characters.

get a load of this guy

Maybe even make Bowser just a teensy bit sympathetic. Like he might not be ENTIRELY in the wrong

He's absolutely right, though

I would reveal that Bowser actually has a stay-at-home koopa wife, all of his schemes to conquer other kingdoms are to just turn them into vacation homes or get gifts for her. He has several framed pictures of her.

Danny DeVito as the voice of Wario and crossover episodes with legend of zelda, splatoon and animal crossing

>new dork city

No

No

Fuck all that

What we need, what we REALLY need

Paper Mario: The Animated Series

The writing of the Paper Mario games and there were only three Paper Mario games fuck you has been consistently the best Nintendo has to offer. The comedy was always extremely on-point, it never took itself too seriously, and the characters actually felt like characters. They were interesting, they were funny, they had facets and a limited amount of depth to them. The vague continuity Paper Mario setting is excellent, from the Mushroom Kingdom right to Rogueport and all the places it connects to, the weird flip dimension in Super Paper Mario was a bit out-there but it made sense in-universe.

I mean, think about it. The cast is already there, already developed, well-designed, and given a personality. I fucking dare you to tell me you don't want to see Rawk Hawk on your TV screen, or Doopliss, or any of the other quirky and fun characters from those games.

Spell my name, motherfucker

Dooliss

FUCK

I mean, I'd watch it

>Peach's characterization was amazing

Agreed.
I'd want something like that in a Mario cartoon.

You get Color Splash TAS instead
Just paper visual gags for 11 minutes

Man, this is an old reply.

It already exists
youtube.com/watch?v=9EKAuwk2ugU
youtube.com/watch?v=IOxU95wbUxg
youtube.com/watch?v=UxTMtJUh9Uk
youtube.com/watch?v=INEaMSKk5j8
youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZHYsTGXM8

Pretty much the same way they handled the Mario 3 show. That one did a decent job of making a series of episodic adventures in a video game world with power ups that worked as the ones in the games, only presented as magic things that were normal in that world.

Just improve the character art a bit and it should work out.

>Forget the stupid Brooklyn crap DIC peddled to Atarifags back in the day.

I actually thought this was still the accepted origin story until relatively recently. Not a whole lot ever really refuted it except maybe the Yoshi's Island stuff with baby Mario.

But it did do a reasonable job of explaining why there are human plumbers with normal names roaming around a magical world filled with anthropomorphic mushrooms and turtles.

I used to wonder at the time why the magic mushroom never appeared in the shows. But later on I thought about it, and I genuinely have no idea how to have one work out at all. At least not without it working like the mega mushroom of later games.

Everything else works well enough it its own. Fire flowers make overalls turn white and they can magically shoot fire from their hands. Leaves make tails appear and they can fly. They even managed to get the Tanuki suit and kuribo's shoe a couple times.

But a mushroom that makes a one foot tall guy grow to normal height that can then use these other things does not translate well.

>CGi Mario animated like pikmin shorts or smash promo videos
>if not, style like the OP post
>comedy show similar to comedy anime like keroro
>characters include those that have appeared in all mario media including wario, paper mario, maybe even smash and DKC crossover characters
Or, just make a Super Mario Adventures anime.

I loved how in the Super Show, shit got real the second Mario found a fire flower. Then the rest of the episode consisted of Koopa running away from him.

How sooooooooOOOOOOOO?

The movie is fucking brilliant. I always liked it. I never understood why people hated it, even as a kid. I just recognized it as a different take on Mario Bros.

It seems the most prominent criticism is that "hurrr, it's not like the game", but even if you take into account all the horror stories from behind the scenes, the final product is pretty damn solid, especially considering the genre. Hopper and Hoskins are great, and the action, special effects and humor are solid. I will never not like this movie.

>weeaboos

>Movie was written before the writers even knew they were making a Mario Bros movie.
>Names were changed and that was about it.

Can we have link, please?

Dr. Mario ep where Mario has to shrink down and go inside Bowser to save him while Luigi and Bowser Jr. travel the world trying to find a cure incase Mario fails

or that could be good for the next Mario & Luigi game

>But it did do a reasonable job of explaining why there are human plumbers with normal names roaming around a magical world filled with anthropomorphic mushrooms and turtles.
But then how does that explain Princess Peach? Princess Daisy? Pretty much every single fucking human besides Mario and Luigi?

Americans have never produced any good Mario content. Or nothing in the spirit of the actual games.

The corny as fuck and QUALITY-riddled DiC cartoons? The bullshit live-action movie? The awful Valiant comics?

Or how about games? Mario is Missing? Hotel Mario?

I rest my case. The only good Mario media comes out of Japan. American perspectives are unnecessary.

it could've just been a strength boost

>Where's Waldo
>not "Where's Walduigi"

DooPliss, obviously.

>no one suggests my favorite Mario game

This shit right here would make a fantastic series.

>bright, beautiful scenery
>lovable characters
>pretty good story with a few tweaks
>merchandising

Practically sells itself

These are alternative facts.

Basically something episodic & goofy like the Super Show's cartoon segments but with an art style that closely resemble's the official styles. That's it. The art style doesn't even have to be 100% identical, even something like a mixture of the SS and pic-related is fine.

Hell, i'd like to see something themed around just the very first SMB game and Lost Levels with a dash of original stuff as long as it fits.

An animated adaptation of the Adventures comic would be pretty sweet too

I would've said John Goodman but that works too

I'm getting an ACfag vibe from you

>3
Sounds like someone didn't play Color Splash

Either adapt the paper mario and/or the rpg games, or have a SoL with multiple segments focusing on different characters:

>mario and luigi doing stuff
>luigi and e.gadd vs. the ghosts
>this user's idea:
>wario and waluigi fucking shit up like in the mario tennis intro
>minor characters like toad and bowser's minions doing stuff

And maybe a few arcs based on the games like sunshine, galaxy and 64.

Adapting the rpgs would work pretty well for a series focused on it.

A hidden waluigi gag would be great especially if he actually shown up as a villain later on, and all the scenes with him hidden are actually him setting up his plan

The american cartoons were weird as shit (that cavemen part can go fuck itself) but if there is one thing i liked about it were mario and luigi's voices.

>the great banana split

I just want the original cartoons re-dubbed by Charles Martinet.

Captain Lou will always be the best Mario. He's supposed to be a plumber from Brooklyn, not an Italian stereotype.

>He's supposed to be a plumber from Brooklyn, not an Italian stereotype.

Only in non-canon American media.

In original Japanese version he was never a plumber from Brooklyn. That's all madeup stuff.

>Peach and Daisy
>human

Nigga what are you smoking?

Mario versus Luigi.

Make it fucking happen.

it was accepted every where, it was only like 8 years ago Miyamoto changed it to them living in the mushroom kingdom again. Though the original was them lbeing members of the mushroom kingdom.

>it was only like 8 years ago Miyamoto changed it to them living in the mushroom kingdom again

Mario and Luigi being born and raised in the Mushroom Kingdom has been definitive as long as Yoshi's Island on SNES.

The Brooklyn plumber thing has never been anything other than an American offshoot media creation and was never canon to the Nintendo games.

Wasn't it a Nintendo of America thing trying to tie Donkey Kong, Mario Bros and SMB together?

That one was better than expected and in some regards I like it more than Super.

I'm actually surprised that Superstar Saga wasn't adapted into a cartoon. The whole thing already felt like a classic Saturday Morning cartoon, and the dialogue and art style were perfectly suited for it.

It was NoA trying to tailor a coherent narrative between DK, DKJr, MB and SMB.

But the Mario games in Japan never had a continuity nor were ever intended to have a linear narrative from game to game. Trying to create an ongoing storyline between would be like trying to string all of Bugs Bunny's shorts together as a coherent, chronological storyline.

Because Nintendo doesn't take risks anymore (outside of outrageous hardware designs).

>I'm actually surprised that Superstar Saga wasn't adapted into a cartoon.

The shitty American Mario cartoons and movie have scared Nintendo off from adapting their properties into media. It's a miracle we got those F-Zero and Kirby anime in the early 2000s, and even those brief experiments didn't start a trend of new Nintendo IP anime.

The American Mario cartoons did THAT much damage.

It was the Mario Live Action movie that killed Nintendo media adaptations, not the cartoon.

>It's a miracle we got those F-Zero and Kirby anime in the early 2000s

God, I forgot all about those things. Did we even finish dubbing the F-Zero anime in the US? I remember it being there on Fox Kids or something and then gone just as quickly.

Has Nintendo done any animated media since then? There were some Animal Crossing animated films or something, right?

There were those Pikmin shorts produced in-house and some Kid Icarus anime shorts commissioned for the release of Uprising.

I'd imagine it'd go like Wander Over Yonder with Bowser being like Lord Hater and Mario being Wander, except Mario would be more eager to use action and violence to stop villains.

Like this.

youtu.be/03bAayBtcb0

The parental controls animation is one of the best things Nintendo has put out.

Yeah, in 2006.
It was okay.

He re-dubbed the Hotel Mario toasters thing

youtu.be/K2xTvwkkK50

The only good thing about Hotel Mario is the vore.

It starts with Tatanga killing that Peach bitch after sending that slut rosalina in his space rape dungeon. Daisy use her magic power to summon the Mario hero with her and they share love magic to save the world together.

Damn, you beat me to it