Androids

Who are best androids?

>cyborg

We call them androids

Well good for you, you're wrong.

No, you don't. A cyborg is a meld of organic tissue and cybernetic, that is artificial parts. It doesn't technically speaking matter which part houses the consciousness - which is why Terminators and Buaku are cyborgs, although their brains are electronic constructs.

An android is a synthetic construct designed to emulate a human being. I suppose the terms may overlap to an extent - Roy Batty was organic, but is considered an android, Daneel Olivaw was entirely mechanical, but is still an android.

Kryten is a cyborg, on the other hand, because a part of his brain is organic. But he is emphatically designed to not be an android.

Inspector Gadget is probably a cyborg, but we're not sure. We've never seen his brain. For all we know Gadget, Penny and Brain are all artificial intelligences.

17 and 18 were retconned to be cyborgs, even though it didn't make a lick of sense. 16 was definitely an android, like 8 and 19, but 20 - Doctor Jerrault himself - was again a cyborg.
"Android" 21 was not an android OR a cyborg.

>"Android" 21 was not an android OR a cyborg.

At least not initially, but after he absorbed 17 and 18 he WAS. I guess.

>Doctor Jerrault

God damn it, I heard the entire exchange in both of their Abridged voices.

So how about that Abridged Broly movie? Good shit right there.

Original words for 18 and 17 were "Kaizo Ningen" which directly translates to "altered human."

So they're basically whatever most of the old school Kamen Riders were.

I am WAAAAY behind on DBZA and YGOA. I don't even know why I stopped watching, but I regret it more and more every time I remember how far behind I've gotten.

>So they're basically whatever most of the old school Kamen Riders were.
They are cyborgs, expect for Amazon who was altered by Ancient Inca magiscience.

YGO is kinda bleh now. Writing has gotten a lot worse and some of LK's voices are slipping.

>An android is a synthetic construct designed to emulate a human being.
Actually it's a synthetic construct designed to emulate a human male.

Also, the key word there is synthetic, not robotic. Androids and gynoids aren't limited to just robots.

Too geard towards die-hard fans imo. To an average guy like me a guy that is just stronger than existing guys is not "so cool"

Permit an old man his quirks.

It's phonetic anyway. A propos of nothing, Jerrault is an actual name.

>Original words for 18 and 17 were "Kaizo Ningen" which directly translates to "altered human."

Point.

Gero is pronounced Geh-Row, hard G.

When has it ever been pronounced any way other than Jur-ROH?

>"What are you made of? Pure metal, or something?"
>"Affirmative. I am ANDROID 16."
>"Oh... Errors have been made."

The Abridged adaptation Android 16's beatdown of Imperfect Cell was fantastic. The Gundam sound effects were just the icing on the cake.

Fine. Gerrault, then.

>For all we know Gadget, Penny and Brain are all artificial intelligences
Dude

>that outfit penny is wearing

It's from DBZ. A-18

Well, think about it. Brain is more like Brian from 'Family Guy' than an ordinary dog. He has complex problem-solving skills. He is always saving Gadget's oblivious butt behind the scenes. Penny, for her part, coordinates his efforts and frequently plays an important part in undoing Doctor Claw's plans.

And she calls him 'Uncle Gadget'. So... is Gadget his given name? Not according to everyone else in the show. Given that he is her primary caregiver and legal guardian (Is he?) it seems odd that she doesn't address him by his first name.

Unless it is his only name. We never hear anything about her hypothetical parents.

Proposal: "Inspector Gadget" is not a single individual, it's a team, just like a magician. Gadget is the magician: he draws the attention away from what is really going on with expressive, suggestive gestures. He is the name on the banner, the guy with the suit. But he also fills the role of the assistant; meanwhile, Penny and Brain do at least half of the dangerous and effective leg- and head-work. Penny, being seemingly small and vulnerable, seems an eminent target for abduction and use as leverage, but in reality she is a 'Trojan horse' in such situations.

It's obviously possible to create complex and effective artificial intelligences, considering the Gadgetinis.

>Realians were said to be silicon based, artificial life forms
>their biology is almost identical to carbon based life

This. It's a literal jokefest. After watching TFS and seeing how much effort they put into just about everything, it's really hard to go back to YGO