Does anyone here unironically like her? I do

Does anyone here unironically like her? I do

My penis likes her

INB4 the 2 year old panel

Nope.

The only thing I´ve seen of her is what she did during the Secret wars main story and she was okay there.
Say, didnt she had cáncer? How that Works with her being Thor?

>still hasn't gotten the GGC, giant greek cock

She's shit.

She has cancer in her normal form, when she switches to Thor it goes away, but when she lets go of the hammer and returns to her normal self, the tax of turning into Thor pushes all the chemotherapy stuff out of her so the cancer basically gets worse each time she transforms

I don't see anything wrong with her desu

Aaron's real Thor stuff was better though

I like the idea of her. But I don't think she's a good role model.

I don't hate her, but I don't exactly like her, either. The concept is fine, but the execution isn't that great.

I like it. It is good.

The problem with every controversial comics is that it is never just "good" or "bad". The ones that dislike it say it is the worst book ever, while the ones that like it say it is the best comic book ever. Look at Spencer's CA or Superior Spider-Man.

It is good, but not THAT good. It doesn't compare with the beginning of Aaron's Thor, but is a solid read. Nothing more, nothing less.

What makes you think she isnt a good role model?

>Implying that Superior Spider-Man was even remotely good.

I like the design but everything else is retarded

What comic is that quote from?

Her design is good I guess

yo

Superior Spiderman is the best bet thing that happened to Spiderman

I like her "ass-ets" if know what I mean.

I don't mind the character design.

Honestly, there's a lot of things that could have been done.

Specifically the whole cancer storyline for Jane is just aobut the worst thing ever.

Also having Jane Foster be Thor was the worst NON-TWIST EVAR!

And hyping it up when we all know that Thor will be back to being Thor Odinson just in time for the movie.

There isnt enough Jane-Thor R34.

I like it, while it did have those questionable scenes, it has certainly more than made up for it. This and Unworthy have actually made me care about a character I usually saw as a gimmick. She is one of the few good changes, espcially now that she is away from the "events" and allowed to actually be a character and not a cameo.

I like her fine.
I just don't like the whole giving away the name - she could have had her own name and still be god of thunder.

Silly ol' marvel.

pretty fun character tho she could be handled better

Yeah, she is insanely hot.

Yeah, but what would it have been? I mean in order to keep the God theme who could she have been.

>implying Superior Spider-man wasn't the best Spider-man had been since the early 90s
>inb4 m-muh JMS

Thordis

Such a shame that it could have went on longer but had to be cut short because of TASM2 coming out.

Eh, it had already lasted way longer than anyone expected.

Love her and I ADORE the mythos that Aaron is writing and I'm not fond of the random hate the book gets here bUT hey I'm on Sup Forums

This thread is full of the most positive people ive seen about Thor so far, way more than on other comic websites where its Jane hate 24/7

I like that he's allowed to build around the character without having to deal with reboots and events. He's been given time and space to do his own thing and it's definitely working for me.

You could name any other single writer since the 90s and have an above 75% chance that that writer wrote something superior to Superior.

>The problem with every controversial comics is that it is never just "good" or "bad". The ones that dislike it say it is the worst book ever, while the ones that like it say it is the best comic book ever. Look at Spencer's CA or Superior Spider-Man.

See what I meant?

Superior Spider-Man was okay/good, Jane Thor is good, and that's it.

Stop with the bullshit of "BEST THING EVA" or "WORST THING EVA".

no

>please, give me more Namek

I like her book well enough outside of one scene (we all know which one) and 2-3 instances of obnoxiously on-the-nose dialogue (mostly in the first volume). Dauterman's art is fantastic and I absolutely love how he draws lightning, and most of the ongoing plotlines are interesting enough to keep me reading. As for Jane herself, well, she's inoffensive. Outside of her own book, she's basically just a less entertaining Thor with tits and in her book she's decent but greatly overshadowed by most of the other characters involved.

Aaron needs to fucking cool it with his OCs and pet characters though. Bad enough that precious panel time had to get wasted on Kid Gladiator in the first issue of the current arc, but now Quire is going to be hijacking the latter half of the arc because of fucking course he is.

Though as far as Thor legacies go, Eric Masterson blows her out of the water. Eric was great and his "every man" dynamic worked a lot better than Jane's whole cancer-martyr thing.

i might go to the mat for Thor being Marvel's best looking book. I love Dautermann

I Picked up the first 8 issues with her in it on release and they dragged out the mystery aspect so long i dropped it, I don't hate the idea of a female Thor or something but the execution of it all was so hamfisted and crappy, the only good point and I mean GOOD POINT is that Dauterman's art is absolutely fantastic.... if anything I'm eager to see what book he might be on after his stint on Thor.

I will eventually read it all though, since overall it seems to be part of one long plot, esp after hearing the necroblade and all that stuff was back.

only black people like her

Absolutely man, honestly that's one of the main reasons I keep coming back.

It's been legendary with Gorr and the Last days of Midgard and imo been going strong with Beta Rey Bill hanging out now getting the ultimates hammer its just great.

and untarnished by the shit festival of civil war and general marvel poopery

How do you figure?

That doesn't make any sense. If she's receiving treatment and doesn't have cancer when transformed then her cancer's progression should be halted as long as she continues to receive treatment when untransformed.

It may not make sense but that is the explanation that was given in the comic, I wish she didnt have cancer at all.

I'm not him but he may be saying that because she has a thing with Sam Wilson who is black.

Outside of one kiss and a little bit of flirting, not really. He's never shown up in her book, and their "relationship" pretty much begins and ends at a bait cover.

Chemotherapy is basically irradiating/poisoning yourself to kill the cancer cells. Everytime she transforms, the transformation wipes out the irradiation/poison making any treatment she had recently gone through basically get wiped out and set her back to square one.

Could have just gone with incurable cancer.

The design is pretty cool.

>I mean in order to keep the God theme

Why keep the god for a naming convention?

Just call her Jane. Literally, just call her Jane, God of Thunder, that's it. Nothing special, and if anyone asks "Why is she just using her name" they could point of the blisteringly stupidly obvious that Thor is his goddamn name, it's not a superhero identity. It'd also set her up as more than just 'a girl version of Thor' which is all anyone sees her as and all she's ever going to be remembered for when Thor inevitably come back. Without the distinction, she's never going to catch on because nobody has anything to associate the name with besides the guy who everyone knows. Even normies know who Thor is, and if Jane suddenly appeared in the movie as Fem-Thor he'd always still be Thor.

Beta Ray Bill is more memorable simply because if you say that name there is literally nothing else someone is going to think of, but sadly in their hunger for the name and not the meaning, those clamoring for more female heroes fell into the marketing gimmick of controversy over anything tangible. They were all suckers just as much as any of us who bought or watched a movie based on it having a name of something we love, despite stuff like the Ninja Turtles remake being so far away from what we actually cared about it's unrecognizable.

Jane, God of Thunder might not seem like it has a hook to it, but if you put that in a search engine, you damn well better believe you're getting Jane, not nine hundred pictures of Movie-Thor, or one of the several thousand appearances of the real deal.

Because her identity being a secret is a plot point.

>gets chemo
>transforms
>cancer and chemo drugs disappear
>transforms
>cancer returns but chemo drugs are gone

The cancer will still have been affected by the chemo she received before transforming, unless she's not getting more chemo after transforming back or the chemo already isn't working then her cancer shouldn't be getting any worse.

I do think it's a good idea. I've been meaning to give it a fair shot eventually instead of just basing my opinion off those bait images everyone always posts.

This.

And anyone with half a brain would have realized that it was a gimmick that would hamstring the property. You want to keep it a mystery, retitle the book Goddess of Thunder and add the Jane lead-in after the reveal.

>Marvel
>Half a brain

Between the lot of them, maybe

I thought he was with Misty Knight because no way can a black woman and a white man get together.

Yeah he is now but before that series of his came out Jane kissed him and they flirted a bit after that.

it has some of the best art I've ever seen in a Thor book

user, that series was already out when that happened and he was already with Misty when that happened.

user, I don't mean it being a secret to the audience is a plot-point, I mean people IN-UNIVERSE not knowing who she is is a pretty central plot point. They could have revealed that it was Jane right out the gate and it wouldn't have effected the comic at all except speeding that first volume along, but having everyone in-universe know she's Jane would require a completely different story than the one Aaron is telling.

I don't like her. She never did anything outstanding heroic that deserves that much prais that she gets in the comics and sjw shit they included was just painful.

Anyone have the link to the last unworthy Thor storytime?
I need more goat power.

I making an argument on the basis that the audience mystery would remain. The in-universe mystery is irrelevant regarding the title of the book.

I like her more than normal Thor, because I prefer "I become a doctor if I dont touch the hammer for a few minutes" Thor

She was cool in Gwenpool.

Wait, you're saying that the comic should be called "Jane" instead of "Thor"? That's just fucking stupid. We weren't even talking about the title of the comic. We were talking about her in-universe name, and you (or the person you were agreeing with) implied it should be "Jane, God of Thunder" and not "Thor, God of Thunder" which wouldn't work because the story being told is predicated on the people in-universe not knowing who the new "Thor" is. You could have her be named something besides Thor, but the only thing it couldn't be is Jane.

If the only point of grievance is the title of the comic then if you insisted on it not being called "Thor" or "Mighty Thor" then you just call it "Journey into Mystery" not "The Mighty Jane." All else aside, that's just a stupid title that makes me think it's a Tarzan comic and not a Thor comic.

Jane, Goddess of Thunder would have a bit more pull to it due to the incongruity of the name compared to the appellate. Goddess of Thunder alone would be a fine title that distinguishes as far as Google searches go. I'm not arguing to use the name Jane within the comic itself as I understand it wouldn't work with the story. The issue has always been that Thor is his given name not a title. It'd be like if they make Rachael Cole-Alves the new Punisher and she went around calling herself Frank.

Thanks for reminding me that I haven't storytimed the best Thor comic of the 90s in a while. Yes, Thor is Thor Odinson's given name. It's ALSO the title of whosoever wields the power of Thor. Which is why Eric Masterson was "Thor." And why Beta Ray Bill was Beta Ray Thor while in his "Thor" form, which Odin himself called him. And why Dargo Ktor was "Thor" when he used Mjolnir. And why Donald Blake was "Thor" when he used Mjolnir before Donald Blake and Thor were retconned to be the same person.

Yes, it's stupid for Thor Odinson to drop the "Thor" from his name and just go by Odinson, however there's literally nothing wrong with mjolnir's current wielder calling himself (or in this case herself) Thor and is a time-honored tradition that's been used in the very best Thor runs from DeFalco to Simonson to Lee/Kirby.

So are you gonna storytime it?

Not tonight, but I'll add it to my list and get around to it sooner rather than later.

>making a thread just to answer your own question

I don't hate her although her personality isn't anything to write home about. The best thing about JaneThor is her design, really. One thing that does annoy me is when they try to make it seem that she's the *best* Thor ever. That "for she that wielded Mjolnir the best" line really rustled my jimmies.

OP's looking for fellow fans of a comic they read.

FYI: That's the entire point of Sup Forums existing. Duh.

( And I like Jane-Thor more than I ever liked Thug-Thor, but Unworthy-Thor is better than them both )

> ... her personality isn't anything to write home about.

Which personality? The hammer turns Jane into a chick version of Thor, complete with a whole Thor personality and Thor colloquialisms and even Thor's basic Asgardian knowledge in her head.

Cancer Patient Jane is a take-no-shit dying woman with nothing to lose, and that has it's own strengths and weaknesses.
Thor Jane is a live-life-to-the-fullest Thor level hedonist Asgardian goddess warrior of honor. And that sure has it's own obnoxious qualities, but it is basically Thor - so what's to complain about?

Unworthy Thor went to shit when he put a shirt on.

are you the same woman complaining Damien Wayne and Jon Kent don't go topless more often too?

She spends so much time as Thor that her treatment has no time to help her when she's human.

Why does mjolnir get rid of the chemo drugs, but not the cancer?

And didn't Odinson tell Jane it's alright for her to use Asgardian science/medicine to cure her cancer? But she said she wanted to fight it on her own terms?

Sorry but I've had cancer and this sounds like so much bullshit to me.

its execution is sorely lacking

this

>Why does mjolnir get rid of the chemo drugs, but not the cancer?
Cancer is your own cells running wild. It's "part" of you. Chemo is an outside agent poisoning you.

>With this hammer I shall wield the ultimate power of the Asgardian God of Thunder!
>But I won't use other kinds of super powerful magic to get rid of my cancer I prefer to slowly rot as my own body betrays me and collapses inwards on itself.

Then why do the Cancer cells disappear when she turns into Thor?

>And didn't Odinson tell Jane it's alright for her to use Asgardian science/medicine to cure her cancer? But she said she wanted to fight it on her own terms?

That's fucking retarded and no one who's ever had cancer or even has simply known someone who has had cancer would ever say something so incredibly stupid.

Because she's turning into Thor.

I like her design but thats about it

>terminal cancer patient
>fights on regardless
Most superheroic character of the decade.

So yeah, she's cool.

The writing for the first few issues of her comic where so bad it scarred my perception of the character forever.
Idea is pretty cool but the whole Cancer thing is really silly and forced.

This. Superior Spider-Man really was the best thing to happen to Spider-books since One More Day.

The cancer thing is retarded really.
"Oh hey I COULD cure myself, but i'd rather slowly destroy my body with Chemo and be a much bigger person for it r-right?"

I know, it's kinda unpleasant. Like pouring a jar of treacle into your mouth.

See, no, I just can't overlook THAT scene with Titania and Absorbing Man. Doesn't matter how good the rest of the run may be, that will always be this glaring void of out-of-character cringe. And, yes, that scene really was that bad that it could taint the whole of the character.

1) The dissenting view, regardless of how valid or invalid it may be, is being voiced by the metaphorical "I AM SILLY" character of Creel, immediately indicating that Marvel equates people who have problems with their views as not only ignorant criminals, but also monstrous rapists (it's canon). Marvel has a horribly track record of doing this as of late (Red Skull, MODAK Trump, etc), and it's making me like them less every time.

2) Titania is most famous for FIGHTING A FEMALE VERSION OF AN ESTABLISH MALE HERO. Holy shit, She-Hulk is why anyone who knows her knows her. The idea that she would step down for DA SISTAHOOD YAAAS QUEEN just because of a new female hero is FUCKING RETARDED.

3) Thor is a fucking NAME. It's a NAME. OH MY GOD, YOU FUCKING IDIOTS IT'S NOT A TITLE, IT'S A NAME. When I left my last job as a teacher, did the person who took it take on my name as well? OF COURSE NOT. THAT'S SO FUCKING TRANSPARENT.

4) Thor punches out Titania after she surrenders. Titania has no problem with this. Titania doesn't say, "Wait, that's not very heroic." She just lets herself be hit. After, it can't be forgotten, committing super-spousal abuse on her husband that, were the genders reversed, would have led to a firebombing of the Marvel offices. And why did she do this to her husband? Well, in her words, his eyes had started to wander. Yup. He didn't cheat on her - she thought he might be THINKING of cheating on her. This, it must be said, leads to a situation in an upcoming arc where he is BRAINWASHED AND ROBBED OF HIS IDENTITY AND INDIVIDUALITY. I blame this squarely on Titania.

Fuck Marvel. Fuck this run. And fuck you for saying anything in it can redeem this garbage.

>cancer patient
>except her superpower takes that away and she'd declined the ability to take it away which NO ONE would do
fuck off, no she's not

Why would she ever leave Thor form then?

Man, that's a whole lotta words for what I imagine is just regurgitating the same tired shit we all got bored of reading 2 years ago.