Michael Fassbender

What the fuck happened to his career? He hasn't been in anything decent since The Counselor.

The Counselor was trash, hot garbage.

But Macbeth came out after The Counselor

X-Men movies. He's in the next one.

Hello, brainlet

Prometheus and Covenant are wack but he is GOAT in them

>t. brainlet

I liked him as the only good part of Prometheus, but he was written in a very annoying way in Covenant, so even though his acting was good I couldn't consider him the highlight of that film as I did in Prometheus.

I just watched The Snowman. Holy fuck that was boring.

>He hasn't been in anything decent since Shame

ftfy

Is it gay that I want to feel his warm throbbing cock pumping his seed into my asshole?

not if you wear long pink socks and a black choker

Typical Sup Forums shit taste.

>Macbeth: 300 Version for Video Gamers
>good

>any X-Men movie
>good

Sometimes the juvenile reddit taste of this subchan is just too much.

>What the fuck happened to his career?
Capeshit.

Name a few interesting male actors in his age range, that still have a good career: Joaquin Phoenix, Casey Affleck, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Gosling? What do they have in common? No capeshit

He's 100% a brainlet. He's physically blessed and some of roles give the illusion that he's intelligent or at the least, well-spoken (e.g. David), but listen to any of his interviews, commentaries, etc. It's not his agent's fault, it's not misfortune, he's dumb as bricks, plain and simple.

Capeshit ruined his credibility. He literally sold his soul.

Ok, Tell me what makes it great and I'll rewatch it, you guys usually are right about this kind of thing.
I probaply missed an important theme because I watched it randomly on TV.

>not doing capeshit for the big bucks apart from your work in real films

Bunch of plebs itt. Song to Song came out not long ago

WHAT THE FUG?! MACBETH EAS DOPE!!!

Fuck you he was fun in Covenant.

A franchise contract monopolises their schedule, and also makes them much, much too comfortable to spend the free time they DO have working long hours for lower pay on an art film. He's just not hungry anymore, he's getting more money and public recognition than ever before for the least interesting work in his career.

Shot in 2012. Terry took his sweet time cutting it

Pay attention to the dialogue. Think about fate, people's motivations, "karma," and the indifference of the universe (I'll tip my fedora myself). It's a bit Shakespearean, but of course with a very contemporary setting. Cinematography is very solid as well.

There are a few cheesy lines, and Diaz is not great at what the film wants her to be, and Fassbender honestly isn't great either, although he's a generally good actor. Pitt is fantastic though.

Def worth rewatching. I was "meh" on it when it came out. Rewatched a couple weeks ago--it's a solid 8/10.

>Pitt is fantastic though.
Agreed. A lot of the actors (Diaz in particular) seemed to be struggling with Cormac's dialogue but Pitt (and Bardem to some extent) nailed it. I actually read the screenplay before seeing the movie and thought it would be impossible to deliver his monologues in a way that sounded natural but I was proven wrong.

Personally I think the weak link in the film was Ridley Scott. I like a lot of his films, but an all-dialogue tone piece like this isn't exactly his wheelhouse. It's a very simple movie but it also felt weirdly disjointed, like every actor has a different take on what kind of movie it is, and they're just kind of reciting lines at each other.

It's not a bad movie overall, though. It definitely makes a very strong impression, even though that wasn't really positive at first, I watched it a second time and appreciated it more.

Nah, I feel the same. it's really weird but comforting at the same time.

I honestly think it is a case of stupidly bad luck

he always joins movies with A lists casts but for whatever reason most of the time they end up being steaming piles

>It's a very simple movie but it also felt weirdly disjointed, like every actor has a different take on what kind of movie it is, and they're just kind of reciting lines at each other.
yeah there are times when it feels like they're just reading lines, rather than a natural story unfolding. The script and directing the actors both could've used more work.

>Pitt is fantastic though
I can at least agree to that. One of two characters I actually cared about. The other being the crime boss that gives Michael's character the hard truth talk.
Other than that I didn't find any of the characters even mildly compelling. Though it is noteworthy that I still remember this much about a film I've seen a year ago and didn't really care for.

The other problem is that I kept expecting something special to happen plotwise. But that was a problem I had with Sicario and that turned out to be great when I rewatched it.

great actor in shit movies.

D'AAWWWW MAN WITH EVERYTHING WANT HUG