Stargate Origins

It actually looks like it might be alright.
youtu.be/QLctS-RWNuY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C7aDP05DWqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's Connor trineer

They got 11 year old Catherine from the movie to cameo, and she seems pretty excited.
youtu.be/C7aDP05DWqI

I am cautiously optimistic.
I hope it does well so we will continue to get more stargate.

I haven't even looked at Stargate command until now
>no apps for streaming sticks/boxes
>no casting support for the pc/phone apps
Holy shit what the fuck are they doing? Do they want this to fail?

I kind of think that's the point of the whole thing. It's a small series designed to see if the franchise still has legs or not.

I too am cautiously optimistic.

Fuck off she's cute

Its MGM so of course this is business as usual

>create 200th episode of SG-1 with the edgy young cast parody
>suddenly the producers think its an actual good idea for a SG
>shit comes to a head toward the end of the 4th season of SGA
>the producers present it to the heads of MGM
>they love it
>give the producers the option to either do a final season of SGA with the usual budget then start SGU or cancel SGA right now and get an even bigger budget for SGU
>act shocked and hurt when the fanbase and various actors turn against it
>offer SG-1 and SGA movies but only do 2 movies and permanently shelve a SG-1 movie about the shit going public and a SGA movie all because of fans disliking SGU for the majority of its run

It really is a miracle the series got as far as it did considering the entire IP is handled by idiots with butterfingers

GOOLD?

>even more lore retconning SJW infested bullshit

No thanks.

what the fuck is this? ten minute episode web series? some tumblr roastie directing? was this just to keep legal rights to the franchise?

>Origins
I'm tired of this subtitle

No, but she plays one on TV

>It actually looks like it might be alright.
Wait...are you shilling or just fucking stupid?

Someone get Osiris in here to beat this retard's ass.

looks fucking shit. I'd watch it for that leading girls arse cheeks though

>Origins
Origins of fucking what?

What I mean by this btw, is that they couldn't have activated the Stargate at the time period that the actor's costumes suggest, so literally what is the premise of this show? Are they just retconning everything and using le strong female protagonist?

judging from the egyptian setting I'd say it's going to be origins of the stargate

I'm talking about her dad in video. Same actor played trip on ent. And Michael on sga

See

Why does the gate look so weird? Also, it's missing a chevron on top.

So is this the same timeline with the Goold, or is it a reboot that hews closer to the original movie's Ancient Astronauts ideas?

Well judging from the costumes of the human characters (khakis, the Fez, etc.) it seems to be from the time period of the expedition that first found the Stargate, so like 1920s. It seems like they're going for some sort of reboot because canonically, the Stargate didn't get activated by humans until about 20 years later, stranding the old lady's love interest in that archive if I remember correctly.

I don't get it.

Wasn't the original movie the origins? I guess they could cover the original aliens but this show seems to imply they are back in the early 20th century and around egypt. Not really making any sense why that would be anymore of an origin than the original movie.

I have a bad feeling that we're about to get Star Trek: Discovery'd

So we're going to throw some d`s on this bitch?

Those two guys are pretty hot

Is this a movie or tv show?

I'd say they picked a nice easy location on earth with a non-scifi environment because it's a tumblr tier budget created by people who don't really look all that interested in scifi. I'd say it'd be more fitting of the indiana jones title from the little i've seen.

they made a softcore mainstream "as above so below"

This totally gave me a young Indiana Jones vibe. Goddamn that show was great

It occurred to me that they will probably follow the popular trend, which is currently on display in GoT and Star Trek Discovery, of completely disregarding established canon, believable travel time, geography, sense of scale, etc. Most shows now don't even try to explain how characters travel huge distances in implausible periods of time or other practical concerns.

Every show has to cut corners on this sort of thing to some degree in order to make the story work and fit everything into the 30 or 60 minute episodes. But if they take it too far, it shatters the illusion and takes you right out of the show because nothing seems real or makes any sense.

Closely related trends are that of characters who have no discernible motivation for doing the things they do, sequences of events that do not make any sense or have any logical progression, characters delivering exposition about how smart certain characters are even though we only see those characters behave stupidly, and on and on. I seriously think there is a problem with the younger cohort of script writers, like they just have no life experience and don't know anything and anything.

Looks like garbage.