What's the worst best picture movie that ever was made?

What's the worst best picture movie that ever was made?

You're opinion cant be cause you didnt like it, has to be on a technical scale.

Pic unrelated, I never watched this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/title/tt0206634/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crash (2005)

Damn straight pic unrelated, you could've chosen what your actual choice was.

oh and the king's speech. Not bad but really nothing special.

Spotlight and The King's Speech, both garbage

The children of Men adaptation was so bad I turned it off 5 times before calling it quits at 20 minutes in. If it was called anything else it might've passed for me, but they butchered the mood, theme, and characters from the book.

Brokeback Ghetto

My film studies teacher showed it to us and I couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. It was more hamfisted with its message than anything Blompkamp has done.

I find schindlers list to be incredibly hokey on the visual side of things

crash is probably the worst best picture winner ive seen though

what movie?

NiggerFaggot: The Movie

/thread. Runner up is Spotlight or Shakespeare in Love

its gotta be Crash

Children of Men...
m.imdb.com/title/tt0206634/
Read the book instead.

but thats not a best picture winner/nominee

Moonlight was pretty good actually. It was shot very well and had great performances.

I was also pleasantly surprised how it didn't double down on race and identity politics.

Alright cinematography, the story was an average coming of age story that people think was great because they were gay and black.
Also the last 30 minutes had horrible pacing.

easily Crash, I don't think you're going to get much contested here, although it's definitely possible there's a best picture winner from before the 50s that's worse desu

Spotlight was so terrible in terms of everything - bland docudrama with boring insipid leads
At least Moonlight looked and sounded nice

Do you think (((Hollywood))) will make a film like Spotlight about the sexual abuse in the industry?

Worst BP winners:
The Broadway Melody
The Great Ziegfeld
The Greatest Show on Earth
Tom Jones
Kramer v. Kramer
Crash
Spotlight

Felt like a TV movie.

This is the only correct answer. What a complete sack of shit. No redeeming qualities.

Forgot about Slumdog, The Artist, and Cavalcade (A.K.A. Forrest Gump without Mental Tom Hanks)

You are all wrong.

I haven't seen schindler's list since our high school indoctrination session. Beyond being really sad and about a serious thing, how much cinematic merit does it have?

the fact that it's a well mounted film overall?

>Tom Jones
kill yourself
best comedy ever made

moonlight was pretty good though
just admit you dont like it because
>muh gay niggers

Shakespeare in Love is a fine little comedy. It just had no business being nominated for best picture.

The movie was excellent, what are you talking about? The visuals, setting, and camera work were phenomenal. The book's theme just felt like your generic scifi.

>It just had no business being nominated for best picture.
Disagree. The script is actually really good, the subtext in the story gets more and more apparent after each viewing. The real way to watch this film is with a transcript of the dialogue in front of you. I promise that you'll be amazed what you find.