So samurai films are just Japanese westerns?

So samurai films are just Japanese westerns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sULTwrKipc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Harvest
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Westerns are American samurai movies.

American samurai movies are just japenese westerns.

how does time work?

>Fistful of Dollars is an Italian Western based on a Japanese samurai movie that's based on westerns

Thanks for ruining the joke

what joke? there was a joke?

Samurai movie inspired by film noir, not westerns

A lot of American westerns are based on Japanese samurai movies. Not the other way around as OP was implying. OP thought he was being epic funny or something, there's hardly a joke there.

Yojimbo is clearly based off a western

Inspired by,not based on I mean

The term is Eastern.

thanks for ruining the joke

Kurosawa stated that a major source for the plot was the 1942 film noir classic The Glass Key,

wow, stop
state of the joke: fucking ruined

Which ones? I've know only of the Spaghetti Westerns which are Italian and The Magnificent Seven are based on Samurai movies.

Woah
There is no way OP knew this

Japan is in the East though

Eastern Westerns?
What are you talking about, asshole?

At least Westerns are realistic.

Nani the fuck did you just fucking iimasu about watashi, you chiisai bitch desuka? Watashi’ll have anata know that watashi graduated top of my class in Nihongo 3, and watashi’ve been involved in iroirona Nihongo tutoring sessions, and watashi have over sanbyaku perfect test scores. Watashi am trained in kanji, and watashi is the top letter writer in all of southern California. Anata are nothing to watashi but just another weaboo. Watashi will korosu anata the fuck out with vocabulary the likes of which has never been mimasu’d before on this continent, mark watashino fucking words. Anata thinks anata can get away with hanashimasing that kuso to watashi over the intaaneto? Omou again, fucker. As we hanashimasu, watashi am contacting watashino secret netto of otakus across the USA, and anatano IP is being traced right now so you better junbishimasu for the ame, ujimushi. The ame that korosu’s the pathetic chiisai thing anata calls anatano life. You’re fucking shinimashita’d, akachan.

sure user

No, Japan definitely ripped off the USA. Yojimbo is just a ripoff of an American novel that it gave no credit to.

What the hell happened to Japanese men?

>when you realize Japan is to the West of the Old West

OP's pic is what Sup Forums weebs thinks Japan is

Pic related is what it actually is.

Katanas are folded a thousand times because the iron mined from Jaypan is naturally inferior.

>Japanese
Mifune was probably Ainu given that he could grow a full beard

The same system used to subjugate all conquered peoples since antiquity

>But the Lydians I pray thee pardon, and lay upon them commands as follows, in order that they may not revolt nor be a cause of danger to thee:–send to them and forbid them to possess weapons of war, but bid them on the other hand put on tunics under their outer garments and be shod with buskins, and proclaim to them that they train their sons to play the lyre and the harp and to be retail-dealers; and soon thou shalt see, O king, that they have become women instead of men, so that there will be no fear that they will revolt from thee.” 156. Crœsus, I say, suggested to him this, perceiving that this was better for the Lydians than to be reduced to slavery and sold; for he knew that if he did not offer a sufficient reason, he would not persuade Cyrus to change his mind, and he feared lest at some future time, if they should escape the present danger, the Lydians might revolt from the Persians and be destroyed. And Cyrus was greatly pleased with the suggestion made and slackened from his wrath, saying that he agreed with his advice.

-Herodotus' Histories regarding the advice Creosus gave to Cyrus about the rebellious Lydians. You control a populace by emasculating the men.

you mean weebs think being an otaku is cool in japan but they are just calling them selfs nerds in japanese

>Mifune was born in 1920
>Japan was nuked twice in 1945
He was already a man grown. Everyone born afterwards was fucked

Chad Jomon and Virgin Yayoi

Jesus I can smell the smugness from here. Go outside dude and realize people can smell all the cum in your room.

I never knew cum smelled until I started browsing Sup Forums.

Yeah but samurai can kick the shit out of cowboys
youtube.com/watch?v=-sULTwrKipc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Harvest
really makes me think

also there are tons of great American Westerns before any Kurosawa shit