Just read the director shortlist. Guy Ritchie directing a Batman movie would be a dream come true fuck that hack Fincher

Just read the director shortlist. Guy Ritchie directing a Batman movie would be a dream come true fuck that hack Fincher

> fuck that hack Fincher

You lost me, coach..

>Guy Ritchie
>Batman

It'd be worse than his Sherlock Holmes abortions.

He's too busy doing a King Arthur movie.

Anyone for Fatman on Batman?

>It'd be worse than his Sherlock Holmes abortions.

Those were awesome tho

He would make Bateman piss himself.

No.

>Guy Ritchie

So, following the directors fetishes, there will be a seemingly indestructible Russian (perhaps a return of the KGBeast) in the movie and a McGuffin that the protagonist has to chase after?

Fuck off

That's finished.

I came in skeptical but the first one was surprisingly entertaining. Haven't seen the second yet.

LOL, Kevin Smith is the single best Batman writer for making Batman wet himself.

It's finished.

No one can direct a good movie when Werner Bros. meddling with their work.

I'm going to be honest, I was telling everyone that the DCEU is fine and there aren't any problems, I was praising it saying the films weren't actually that bad.

But the DCEU has no plan, Ben has wanted to direct a batman movie for a long time, and for him to just drop directing the film is a huge red flag. Flash lost 2 directors in a year, WW lost their first director and they've announced Ayer is directing Gotham City Sirens.

I want this universe to be good, but it's getting more difficult by the day to see that as a reality

Why can't WB see that you have to put the work in before you can reap the rewards

>Ben has wanted to direct a batman movie for a long time, and for him to just drop directing the film is a huge red flag.

>implying
Ben clearly got tired of trying to promote other movies as well as his own without faggots bothering him about Batman. You have any idea how annoying that would be as a director to be wanting to promote your own work, but everyone would rather bother you over a Comic Book movie?

The fact that people really and honestly got upset over this will never not make me laugh. Fucking pathetic.

just give it to snyder.

*I think you mean weiner bros. user.

Guy Richie directing batman? The first time I see a trade mark quick cuts involving gadgets or the batcar I'd throw up

Does he really think it will get better if he's not directing?

People are still going to ask about it constantly if he's acting in it

And even when he's done

There are a few franchises, the big comic book ones, Star Wars, Star Trek and maybe a couple of others like James Bond or whatever that cannot be escaped

You do it once and that's who you are forever

Unless you do one so bad people want to forget it like George Clooney

Otherwise even to this day michael Keaton gets batman questions during all of his interviews

Bale probably does too but maybe his temper shut it down some

I like Ritchie but he really wouldn't suit Batman. His style is way too cheerful.

Fincher definitely would.

Fincher is too "auteur" to do it at this point. Capeshit would diminish his credibility.

Ritchie is basically a mercenary for the studios at this point, taking whatever job he's handed.
I liked the Man from Uncle, but he's very obsessed with his clever little montages and dividing the screen up to show several people at once.

Ritchie would have actually fit the tone they were going for with the Suicide Squad movie.

I'm curious to see how a Guy Ritchie Batman movie would go.

There is no "director shortlist". The only director mentioned as a possible replacement for Affleck is Matt Reeves, and he's only one of many options Warner is considering for the job.

Second one is really not that good. There isn't even much of a mystery going on, which is a baffling mistake many Holmes adaptations seem to be making.
I still enjoy the first one.

Let's get Tarantino on this one

David Fincher is my dream pick for director of a Bat movie. But sadly he likely wouldn't do it. Plus WB execs are fucking retarded enough to step on a director's toes after the success of the Dark Knight trilogy you'd think they wouldn't be stupid enough to do this to the more acclaimed directors and yet here we are.

Snyder cursed DCEU so hard that even THAT movie will suck, I garantee that.

The Sherlock movies are amazing.

Guck you patético fag.

no his comics are terrible

>Ritchie would have actually fit the tone they were going for with the Suicide Squad movie.
Ffffffffffuck that would've been great.

Snyder is but a symptom, of the disease that is WB.

Yeah he is good with scumbags and dark humor

I like how we're pretending they couldn't just pull a bum off the street to direct this. You're all gonna see it and praise it anyway.

Don't be a fuckhead, user.

I just want a definitive Batman movie. Is that too much to fucking ask?

Yes.
Once you start using words like "Definitive" you've already lost the game because IPs are defined by different things to different people.
I already got my "definitive" Batman movie back in 1993.

I would watch this.

Would watch so hard that my eyes fall out

One day you're going to realize how bad it's been from day one.

>surprisingly entertaining
That's all they are. They're fun to watch but nothing stays with you once the movie's finished.

And? Not every movie should or wants to be Citizen Kane. This is a ridiculous and pretentious way of thinking, hell, even childish.

I hope they get Fincher, Mel Gibson, Miller or Scott. Sadly they wont.

Would be fun if they got Tim Burton back for an extreme murder film.

As long as they dont go with Kevin Smith or Landis Im fine. I would even take Josh Trank before those guys.

This. As long as it has a good script, Snyder is good enough. Also get Fong back for cinematography

>Alfred was replaced by Samuel Jackson

>Alfred: Mastah B. nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger he wont tell you where is the nigger nigger nigger nigger

>Batman: You fucking nigger, nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger where is the nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger!!! NIGGER!

>foot fetish scene

I remember being where you are, user. It's painful and frustrating, and you want to love the movies because they feature characters you cherish, but there is just something biting underneath that positivity that you just can't shake. You say they aren't actually that bad to others, but deep down you know the truth. You aren't saying it to convince others. You're saying it to convince yourself. You know they aren't great. They aren't even good.They are that bad. What you need to embrace is the concept that when you really love something, you do it a disservice by being dishonest to it, and that the most loving thing you can do is be truthful. Whether this is a significant other, a child, a pet, or even a movie about cherished fictional characters, they will never be as great as you know they can be until you admit that they are doing a bad job and need to be better.

Nah MoS is great and BvS is good.

Thats more than what I could say about marvel movies.

Any chance they could Flashpoint reboot or something? The current universe is shit, but they have at least teased time travel even if in a shit manner. Restart and properly remake their origins as needed. Can even recast as needed, Marvel pulled it off with Rhodes and even Banner and for the most part no one cared or thought it was indeed a good move.

Oh, and X-Men pulled off a time travel reboot.

You are a horrible person.

Tarantino sucks, I would like to watch a movie instead of the camera being aimed at a bitch's feet for 90 minutes with racial obscenities in the background

Would be the best movie in the DCEU desu famalam

this

Not him but burn the god damn fuck in hell you pathetic human trash. 1 single 3 second shot in the film doesn't diminish the fucking phenomenal art/set design that film had.

>You aren't saying it to convince others. You're saying it to convince yourself.
Except I'm saying so evil fuckers can go to hell, Mos was a fucking godsend and 90% everything I ever dared dream for in a Superman reboot.

Ritchie's style doesn't really suit Batman since it's campy. If it was a 60s Batman remake then sure but not dark Batman

>director shortlist

so now Affleck has walked back his "totally going to direct" thing?

this movie is dead, they're gonna delay it until they've used up Affleck's contract on other shit and they can kill him off and recast

>Does he really think it will get better if he's not directing?

in 2012 he was offered director/producer/star on Justice League and turned it down, so no, i doubt he's under any illusions about quality here

he probably just doesn't want the hassle and knows he's getting paid more than he could reasonably spend no matter what he chooses

It's not dead. It's the only one that's guaranteed not dead, because it's Batman. WB puts ALL their eggs in the utility belt.

They'll cancel the entire DCEU and still do a Batman movie.

no they didn't

they tried it, they didn't by any reasonable definition pull it off

not with Affleck

he's already two movies in, maybe three depending on whether Suicide Hair & Makeup counts towards his contract

typically you expect those contracts to be 3-picture deals at a minimum, but there's no way he's got an open-ended one where they can call him back any time and he has to do it whether he wants to or not

chances are he's already committed to JL2 and won't re-sign for a solo

they won't publicize that, but it's looking kind of likely

>just last night, every cunt on the planet was frraking out
>this morning you finally realize the shortlist contains all better directors than Ben and that Ben is trying to make the movie the best it can be

Im a true blue DCEU fan and I dont want to associate with some softshoeing bastard like yourself

Either youre committed to the DC cause or ya can fucking leav pisseater

Smith is a bad director and his comics are shit. He directed like 2 ok movies. If Smith directed Batman half the dialogue would be piss and shit jokes, with a lot of swearing.

So basically it would be better than whatever the fuck we're currently getting.

Would watch this.

Who'd be the Joker?

Adrien Brody.

No, no it wouldn't.

>Just read the director shortlist
Who else is on the list?

No he can't direct action for shit

George Miller is also on the shortlist and I want him to do it.