Is the 80's really the best decade?

is the 80's really the best decade?

Yes because Reagan was president

No 80sfags are just annoying

No. And if you weren't an embryo you'd realize every generation thinks 25 years ago was the best decade.

Best decade for horror. Otherwise you have to have some forced subplot about cell phones not working

Of course not. Adults are always nostalgic about the decade they grew up in.

>memes
i swear that little phrase could replace 90% of posts on this board
think about it, everyone who wanted
>memes
would just type
>memes
>memes
>memes

oh hey remember 15 years ago when Vice City started this whole bullshit about i love the 80s and reruns of miami vice and other shit but nobody actually directly gave them credit for it, because it was still back when congress was trying to ban violent video games...

now 15 years later we get this contrived bullshit

No, but it's a great decade to place horror or stories where you don't want communication to be easy, but recent enough to be relatable.

People in the 80's were obsessed with 1950's retroism. Just look at the swing revival and roy orbison's comeback.

25 years ago was 1992

No, the 80s was where everything started to go wrong.

no, that was the immigration act of 1965

and amnesty

The reason why the 80's was great because there was still a funky 70's vibe while at the same time technology was developing. It's been all downhill since 2000!!!FACT!!!

You mean the passing of the 13th amendment in 1865

>swing revival
pretty sure swing revival was 90's

Here we go again...

>implying we aren't 5 minutes away from "That 90's Show"

kys tripfag
we've already been through 90's adoration... it's cooled down. I think we're due for some more though

yes

>horror and sci-fi movies
>dungeons & dragons
>heavy metal and new wave
>practical effects

Stray cats was 80's, so was Reverend horton heat.

It was more underground and rockabilly focused in the 80's. Transitioned to a more mainstream swing direction in the 90's.

>It was more underground and rockabilly focused in the 80's. Transitioned to a more mainstream swing direction in the 90's.
Gotcha, that would explain why I wasn't so aware of it in the 80's, but it was in my face and annoying as hell the decade after.